Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeah, as much as I don’t care for the tough love, pull yourself up by the bootstraps concept, I think this is a correct response in this case. My first plant got “killed” by something I did that was half-assed.The plant survived (weed is incredibly resilient), and I learned from my mistake. You don’t always have to learn from mistakes (sometimes you learn from positive reinforcements), but you should always try to learn from them. There is ALWAYS next year, even if this year doesn’t pan out. Your plants are not total losses. I hope you recovered. wes

Yes, totally agree. Learn from mistakes and move forward. Or moan and cry and self pity, the choice is yours. Sometimes the world is going to throw you a curve ball no matter what, how you deal with it shows your character.

My wife has it worse than 99% of the people out there. She's got intractable, refractory drug resistant epilepsy. She's actually had craniectomy, it's that bad, and her memory is screwed. Medications are only somewhat helpful, and she's been at deaths door several times over the past 10 years. Take nothing for granted, and live life the fullest while it's here people, because you don't get a second run at this.

Losing a plant is small potatoes, and you cannot possibly foresee acts of God, (or nature) in this case. You can only prepare for what you can imagine are the issues at hand, and learn from the rest. Hope for the best, and keep a pragmatic philosophical philosophy. Either that, or become a madman.

That's been my experience anyhow.
Thank you for the encouragement, I was really bummed earlier. hell of a wind storm. It took all day but I trimmed what broke and got it hanging to dry and everything is tied up best it can be back upright. Looks shady but she will do.

Props to everyone for the support.

Yea, sounds like an act of God man, you cannot foresee those types of events, it's a bummer, but that's life. I would have been mad as hell too.

If it's not up to par, make hash or concentrates, there's something good in there for sure.
When life throws your lemons, make lemonaide.

Last edited:
Poposao

Poposao

Harvest Day 👍. couldn't wait til tomorrow's Harvest Moon. F##king bud rot. Gave it good bath. Full tarp for the rest of the month with 4 fans running 24. They will be ready for a Halloween Harvest
The smile says it all. Have a good yield! If you get a chance to LD. Do it.... better resin yields

b8kd

b8kd

........the fucking white flies down, you could probably wait a week or two. I think they look close, but if I thought the plants were in good shape, I’d wait to see a bit more cloudiness in the trichs. Good luck, and nice toking (my favorite part).
Wesk - With regard to the "white flies". Are you referring to the little buggers that hang out on the underside of the leaf and suck the juice out of it which in turns starts showing little spots/damage on top of the leaf? Someone told me they were called thrips. If we're thinking of the same thing then yes, I had them on three different plants this year (that I knew of). I never had a bad infestation and only treated the plants when I was concerned that I had seen three or more live bugs in a single examination on a plant which is almost nothing from what I've heard. I used PureCrop1 on all of my plants when I did treat them, not just the infected ones, a total of two times over the entire season. It seemed to do the job. I did make sure to really coat "every' single leaf to the best of my ability when treating and I think that level of due diligence really paid off when treating the plants. It was one and done each time I treated - the last time I treated was right after the start of flower and it did not appear to have any effect on the buds.

wesk

wesk

Brooooo its only these 2 hands and this 1 mind
I feel ya. We have four hands on our grow and it’s barely enough (and we’re smaller than you are). We don’t kill ourselves, except for harvests, and getting the soil ready, and then there’s the pruning, and the staking and tying up. And there’s the keeping the bugs at bay and shit. And don’t even get me started on the fucking trimming... Still, it’s working. People like our weed and we’re still happy to deliver it.

wesk

wesk

Wesk - With regard to the "white flies". Are you referring to the little buggers that hang out on the underside of the leaf and suck the juice out of it which in turns starts showing little spots/damage on top of the leaf? Someone told me they were called thrips. If we're thinking of the same thing then yes, I had them on three different plants this year (that I knew of). I never had a bad infestation and only treated the plants when I was concerned that I had seen three or more live bugs in a single examination on a plant which is almost nothing from what I've heard. I used PureCrop1 on all of my plants when I did treat them, not just the infected ones, a total of two times over the entire season. It seemed to do the job. I did make sure to really coat "every' single leaf to the best of my ability when treating and I think that level of due diligence really paid off when treating the plants. It was one and done each time I treated - the last time I treated was right after the start of flower and it did not appear to have any effect on the buds.

Baked. Well, thrips are bad enough, but I was referring to the little shits that fly up when you shake the plant this time of year (or a little earlier). They lay eggs in newly formed buds and when the eggs hatch the white fly calipitters eat their way out through your beautiful bud and leave behind a sick plant that is almost certain to get botrytis (I don’t know the scientific or even the true bug name for the fly...I suppose I should...we just have always called them white flies...because they’re white AND because that’s what my mentor called them). We managed them pretty well this year...using Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt). But we haven’t always been on top of it. There are a number of formulations out there. Ours is OMRI listed and kind to the flower. It also doesn’t kill our bug killing bugs. I haven’t found a bug that’s effective against white flies, but thankfully Bt is effective. I think the strain we used was kurstaki or something like that (there are a bazillion strains of Bt, and new ones “discovered” every year). You’ll now if you’ve ever had a bad infestation, but they’re kind of like powdery mildew...they’re everywhere...the goal is always zero bugs and zero mold and zero issues, but, well, it’s nice to have goals. :-)

Poposao

Poposao

The best way around this was to spray sections. I had to. I have this nursery tp get it up to indoor flower with robust yields. I make 2000 clones when i defoliate. 3 mpre days before i start to go round 2 before flower.

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

Great recovery! Been there!
Thank you! Yeah I didn’t know what to expect. 4 branches were clipped immediately and one got clipped later that ended up dying. Better than nothing 🤷🏽‍♀️ Should have had it staked sooner.

Side question.. that’s foxtailing all over her yeah?

Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

Are these pics any better? Tried to get you some more close ups. Value your opinion based on your experience.

I am seeing maybe 3-4% amber. I stuck these clones in the pots and put them outside first half of May. They started to flower first week of August. Since this is Indica leaning I believe I should pull with just a few % amber. Is that correct?

I’m in Bend, OR with super low humidity. It’s 24% at 6:30pm but during the day it’s even lower. Usually stays under 15%. Is the mold something I need to watch out for with our low humidity?

🙏 B8KD

View attachment 1038037
View attachment 1038038
View attachment 1038039
View attachment 1038040
View attachment 1038041
i would wait a bit if you can but nothing wrong with taking it now

Rooke

Rooke

i would wait a bit if you can but nothing wrong with taking it now
Definitely getting close still see quite a few clear ones but keep a very close eye on them cuz they can change to cloudy within days best of luck bro!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom