Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
teejacks

teejacks

Hmmm I tend to disagree with you on a few point. Taking off lower branches that wont produce is a long time used gardening method for most plants. The suckers do take up energy that could be used towards top colas and or fruit depending on what you are growing.. take two tomato plants and leave the suckers on one and take off the other. Big difference.

Outside airflow is important if you live where I do. I didnt used to worry about it in the beginning but I used to get bud rot pretty bad. I now prune and open her up...and not a problem anymore.

As far as topping or fimming vs not doing it.... they start budding when the daylight decreases. Topping or not doesnt effect that at all. Now do I encourage people to get all of their pruning and topping done a few weeks before flowering begins? Yes... but only because the plant should have time to heal before it starts budding.

To each their own tho...

figured someone would chime in regarding those facts... got it right at the end, to each their own 👍 so many ways to grow these beasts. so many different climates... im with you. top heavy, clean out bottom. whatever little buds get left behind, use those for bubble hash. i left a 2 lbs plant un trimmed last year and A) fucking bitch to harvest B) lower bud sites are air and unfinished C) longest plant to finish (maybe genetics) D) most rot E) caterpillar haven.. could go on.. as far as yield goes.... okok im going down the rabbit hole. most of this is personal preference. i couldn't imagine trying to maintain a 11 ft high plant like last year. cant maintain that shit properly and hunt for bad critters. short and FAT iz the wave.

1stonedman

1stonedman

Hmmm I tend to disagree with you on a few point. Taking off lower branches that wont produce is a long time used gardening method for most plants. The suckers do take up energy that could be used towards top colas and or fruit depending on what you are growing.. take two tomato plants and leave the suckers on one and take off the other. Big difference.

Outside airflow is important if you live where I do. I didnt used to worry about it in the beginning but I used to get bud rot pretty bad. I now prune and open her up...and not a problem anymore.

As far as topping or fimming vs not doing it.... they start budding when the daylight decreases. Topping or not doesnt effect that at all. Now do I encourage people to get all of their pruning and topping done a few weeks before flowering begins? Yes... but only because the plant should have time to heal before it starts budding.

To each their own tho...

You can use my last post and the 2nd picture on it to highlight what you are talking about, I've got some lower branches on a plant that I've fim'd and one or two of the lower branches are huge.

Significantly larger than the fim'd top stems.

I plan on just harvesting half a plant at a time, we have really long summers where I'm at.

First out door season, third season all togeather. Lots of different methods to try out.

In my garden I have got two plants that I LST bending tech, one that I super cropped the main stem on one of my biggest healthiest plants of the early season.. she is gonna put out some big ol colas, most of the plants I try to prune for these reasons yield increase/health/watering/maintance/yield.. With that being said I've cut some of my plants and immediately regretted it after.

On the subject of yield, pruning and out door. I think there is a fine balance, even if intent is to harvest half a plant and a week or two later harvest the bottom half..

I'll say this I have large lower stems I wish I had cut waay earlier and feel now that I'm too invested in to cut now.

Pic is of super cropped plant, came close to losing her but she is turning out

Also just to clarify I agree with what Lake had to say on the subject.

20200620 114337
Last edited:
shaganja

shaganja

Idk .... mainlining/manifolding was an increadible season and yield for me. I do something different each yr to test many growing methods to see what yields the best and that method by far so far produced the largest amount of huge buds with less larf and some of my best yields for that size (averaging 4+ pounds a plant)
My avatar is a stalk from one I did...
For sure, if I had space, I would mainline inside also! Looks like another great season g.l!!

Tylerw20

Tylerw20

Heya Tye your killin it bro light dep is soooo awesome!!! Holy fuck!
Having a lot of issues with the Cannaventure plants looked good for this whole time now they are all drooping. Almost like they aren't rooted don't have any ideas how to fix it.

Tylerw20

Tylerw20

Having a lot of issues with the Cannaventure plants looked good for this whole time now they are all drooping. Almost like they aren't rooted don't have any ideas how to fix it.
I'll get pictures in the morning I'm afraid I'm losing have my crop.

Brofessor

Brofessor

AJCBDBerry Seed - got out of hand before could top enough times.
&
The 707 8gen Monster Clone cut3wk-n-flower No topping needed loves it outside.

"Love growing weed way more than smoking it"
AJ
That's a great quote. Its an energizingly positive experience is how I'd describe it

amekins

amekins

Just about 9 weeks since germination. Close to identifying gender in the five remaining plants. And because I’ve unintentionally harmed plants, I’m trying to see if I can’t get a clone to survive. So far, no luck. But I’m still trying.

9F617335 11B6 4D0C 82CF 9FD4B1143C24
06711DDA 9512 4ED0 A55F EEFC68242D04

Madbud

Madbud

+1 on trimming out bottom branches and at least the first three nodes on upper branches. You can tell they will never amount to much and just suck energy from the crown, even outdoors.

frebo

frebo

I have always used Organocide which has Neem Seed oil and I have been top dressing with Neem Seed Meal(twice this season). I also used up the last of a package of OG BIOWAR FOLIAR microbes. I also have sprayed my plants down with water every evening after sun down. My early infestation of mites went away and I have lots of lady bugs helping me out.
While cleaning my shop I found an old unopened package of OG Biowar Foliar dated 2017. Should this still be good? Is Caps not here anymore?
B46A6921 46CE 4367 A5F9 25283C29C6F7
DE44E309 F468 4344 AC6F A39892329011

Madmax

Madmax

figured someone would chime in regarding those facts... got it right at the end, to each their own 👍 so many ways to grow these beasts. so many different climates... im with you. top heavy, clean out bottom. whatever little buds get left behind, use those for bubble hash. i left a 2 lbs plant un trimmed last year and A) fucking bitch to harvest B) lower bud sites are air and unfinished C) longest plant to finish (maybe genetics) D) most rot E) caterpillar haven.. could go on.. as far as yield goes.... okok im going down the rabbit hole. most of this is personal preference. i couldn't imagine trying to maintain a 11 ft high plant like last year. cant maintain that shit properly and hunt for bad critters. short and FAT iz the wave.
you guys hit the nail on the head.it all comes down to what strain,climate ,controlled training technique etc .and quite a few other factors in with that..i tip my plants at 3rd set of branches so that means i have 6 main branches that get lst'd for 3 months horizontally and all the other branches that come off them .i do get the small spinly branches that wont eventuate into anything flash.all mainly in the lower and centre of plant .even nipping the small growth on all stems just before flowering starts and never slows em down .the only time my plants slow is on the first topping.you can get vigorous growth lst'ing using the plants own stimulant in auxins .you watch them elongate back up for the light.they love it..they can b very easily manipulated to grow how you want..
20181104 130623
20181112 141720 2
20181115 120156
20181217 191530
20190101 150550
20190115 125640

20190311 171047
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom