Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frebo

frebo

Sure thing,

For anyone who is curios about what ffj is and how to make it the legit way here is a reference

I have been doing it a bit differently, partly because organic brown sugar is pricey. I gather fallen nectarines from under my tree. Fill up a 1 gallon jar. Squish them a little with a potato ricer. Add some water to fill in the gaps. Add a little splash of store bought microbes (right now I am using supermicrobe root enhancer) cover the jar with a paper towel. Then I let them sit for a 4-7 days. Then I strain the liquid into these smaller jars and seal them.
[/
So, then you use it in teas? When do you start feeding it?

frebo

frebo

I have read on the stuff ....a lot. Most of what I have read said it does kill many strains of benificial bacteria but that the omega 3s and fatty acids in it help feed other strains. So due to that I just wont use it.

I do understand why some people do... for the very reason you are saying, however I added benificial nematodes to my soil long before I transplanted to kill off any unwanted soil dwelling pests or larva. This way I'm achieving the same goal without in any way harming any benificials.
Thank you. I think I will try benificial nematodes next year after I have done more reading. I just discovered I still have an unopened package of OG Biowar Foliar, so I will finish that before I change my ways. I do teas of Hi-Brix Molasses, worm castings, Bokashi, guano, and alfalfa meal along with regular feedings of the Fox Farm feeding schedule this year. Every year I try different things as I LEARN MORE HERE ON THE FARM. Thank you all.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

So, then you use it in teas? When do you start feeding it?

Basically just dilute it to feed, I do 1 of these jars for 55 gal drum. You don’t need to bubble it since most of the beneficials in it are anaerobic.

I am planning to start feeding these after the plant finishes its stretch. I have fed some apple ffj during transistion though.

You can make fermented plant juice from green leafy growth for veg but I didn’t this season.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Thank you. I think I will try benificial nematodes next year after I have done more reading. I just discovered I still have an unopened package of OG Biowar Foliar, so I will finish that before I change my ways. I do teas of Hi-Brix Molasses, worm castings, Bokashi, guano, and alfalfa meal along with regular feedings of the Fox Farm feeding schedule this year. Every year I try different things as I LEARN MORE HERE ON THE FARM. Thank you all.
Oh I'm not against neem as a pesticide and spray ....just against putting it in my soil

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well I had planned to update my outdoor grow today but after waking up and going to check my girls this morning I find my green house empty. FML I'm so sick of this junkie town using me as there personal bank account.

Stupid liberal government won't let me defend my own property and fukin pigs to busy counting the taxpayer money there paid with for doing fuk all to prevent it.

I've set up a little surprise for the next waste of skin who come into my yard uninvited.

And if the pigs wanna put me in jail for kidnapping I'm fine with that I got my cross bow ready I'd use a Gun but I'd hate to wake my neighbour's

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I have been kind of afraid of it also. I used to put it in teas and then thought was maybe a bad idea.

I burnt the shit out a plant with neem before. I had thrips and did both a foliar tea and a top dress because there were thrips in the cover crop too. Plant was wrecked. At first I thought it was just from the foliar, but it kept getting worse and worse until I did a deep flush. The plant recovered. I always think of that when I hear people saying that "you can't burn a plant with organics" lol. A lot of people use that stuff with great results so I am sure I just went overboard.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Finally got out there to take a few pics. They have already grown inches. All seem happy and healthy
20200726 150902

20200726 150933

Now you can only see my arm on this one
20200726 150953

They are more impressive in person
20200726 151038

Still growing
20200726 151142

Newmichfarmer531

Newmichfarmer531

Wait what in the F**k is that in the last picture? Please tell me that's a toy used to scare off bugs or something. If not I'm going to drive to your Town and burn the entire thing down to the ground. That's his plant now I would I Abandon it and the 12 square KM or Miles surrounding it. I now no longer want to touch my ladies ever again. I'm going to make an attachment for all my tools so I never have to get close enough to see one of those in real life.
Why what's wrong with that spider??? He was on there one day I saw him and took some cool pics of him. He's gone now I made him move along. That was at least 3-4 weeks ago...

Newmichfarmer531

Newmichfarmer531

Gotta love those crab spiders haha, I get them a lot along with jumping spiders and lady bugs. They do wonders keeping harmful insects off your plants.

I'm a rookie to all this. This is my first real attempt at a grow. I think I'm doing alright. Althought I'm getting some brown growth on new leaves coming out on main colas

20200723 140425
shaganja

shaganja

Sure thing,

For anyone who is curios about what ffj is and how to make it the legit way here is a reference

I have been doing it a bit differently, partly because organic brown sugar is pricey. I gather fallen nectarines from under my tree. Fill up a 1 gallon jar. Squish them a little with a potato ricer. Add some water to fill in the gaps. Add a little splash of store bought microbes (right now I am using supermicrobe root enhancer) cover the jar with a paper towel. Then I let them sit for a 4-7 days. Then I strain the liquid into these smaller jars and seal them.
I burnt the shit out a plant with neem before. I had thrips and did both a foliar tea and a top dress because there were thrips in the cover crop too. Plant was wrecked. At first I thought it was just from the foliar, but it kept getting worse and worse until I did a deep flush. The plant recovered. I always think of that when I hear people saying that "you can't burn a plant with organics" lol. A lot of people use that stuff with great results so I am sure I just went overboard.
Yup. I just recently burned a few landrace plants using a horsetail fermented plant juice. I forgot to dilute the juice, so you can for sure burn your plants using organic inputs! Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom