Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

very smart good to know.. I was thinking of buying an electric blower to get the moisture off of my plants

Holyswagger

Holyswagger

very smart good to know.. I was thinking of buying an electric blower to get the moisture off of my plants
That should help. I’m basically surrounded by the Great Lakes here. I found the tarp method & water deprivation during shitty weather is the only sure way to beat PM. Photosynthesis produces water as a product only adding to the humidity issue. Even at 5am there is zero dew on the leaves despite the fact that my area was under a fog advisory this morning. (With more rain on way ) The leaves are bone dry... They don’t grow much during this time but when I hit them with a good organic feed and water at 6am Wednesday( when the sunshine comes out ) they jump up 4-6 inches in a single day and any excess humidity gets burned off by the suns rays.

93A81BE9 4720 490B A23C 76DDF2B6EF1E
Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

That should help. I’m basically surrounded by the Great Lakes here. I found the tarp method & water deprivation during shitty weather is the only sure way to beat PM. Photosynthesis produces water as a product only adding to the humidity issue. Even at 5am there is zero dew on the leaves despite the fact that my area was under a fog advisory this morning. (With more rain on way ) The leaves are bone dry... They don’t grow much during this time but when I hit them with a good organic feed and water at 6am Wednesday( when the sunshine comes out ) they jump up 4-6 inches in a single day and any excess humidity gets burned off by the suns rays.
awesome... I want to post my oictures on this page but can't see a place to post... Can you send me the link? Not to reply to you but to add a new post...thanks

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Interesting method. I'm a firm believer in keeping my soil moist tho to keep my bacteria thriving tho, and I know they need a lot of water in flowering... I'm spraying mine with my organic bacteria fungicide. Twice a week as a preventative. Never had PM since I changed my practices.
Looks like your methods work so far! Great job.

Holyswagger

Holyswagger

Interesting method. I'm a firm believer in keeping my soil moist tho to keep my bacteria thriving tho, and I know they need a lot of water in flowering... I'm spraying mine with my organic bacteria fungicide. Twice a week as a preventative. Never had PM since I changed my practices.
I do give them a good spray down before any rains. I use potassium bicarbonate at 2TBS per gallon with about 3 teaspoons of organic sunflower lecithin emulsified separately in a jar with some water and potassium silicate... I then add that to the one gallon potassium bicarbonate solution and spray them down really well. I’m also in organic soil. The core of my soil is actually moist about 1 1/2 inches down. If the plants get really thirsty I’ll add a small amount of water at the base of the main stalk... but just enough to survive!! When the sun shines again on Wednesday I’ll water them with a bit of iguana juice, microbial mass , organic fish fertilizer, organic seaweed concentrate and some sprouted corn tea Everything at 1/4 strength and 2 TBS a gallon of corn sprouts. I also tip dress with 8-10tbs of fresh worm castings prior to watering. I never had any issues with pm when I was using bacillus subtillus. But pretty much everything has been taken off the market in Canada & only Monsanto products are available because our government got sold out by their lobbyists unfortunately. I did notice there was some trichoderma based fungicide available on eBay from Russia. Are you using bassilus or the trichderma based spray ?

Holyswagger

Holyswagger

I alternate EM1 with a product called microbial mass

FD2675FD B668 4E88 B13F CBAAC2F56327
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

That makes more sense. When you said bone dry I was like eeeekkk... not my babies lol!

Screenshot 20200804 102959 Google

I also give them just a few drops of molasses in the sprayer with the fungicide for 2 weeks to give them some food to really help them take off. Since I'm getting super close to flowering tho...friday will be my last time using the molasses. Straight water after that. I will be using a leaf blower tho after it rains as well when they start stacking.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I alternate EM1 with a product called microbial mass
I almost tried that stuff one yr. Then I seen what a low ph it has and decided against it. I dont want to lower the leaf surface ph that extremely low because to me that would be just begging for trouble. I know some who do use it tho...but to me it's a hard no.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I do give them a good spray down before any rains. I use potassium bicarbonate at 2TBS per gallon with about 3 teaspoons of organic sunflower lecithin emulsified separately in a jar with some water and potassium silicate... I then add that to the one gallon potassium bicarbonate solution and spray them down really well. I’m also in organic soil. The core of my soil is actually moist about 1 1/2 inches down. If the plants get really thirsty I’ll add a small amount of water at the base of the main stalk... but just enough to survive!! When the sun shines again on Wednesday I’ll water them with a bit of iguana juice, microbial mass , organic fish fertilizer, organic seaweed concentrate and some sprouted corn tea Everything at 1/4 strength and 2 TBS a gallon of corn sprouts. I also tip dress with 8-10tbs of fresh worm castings prior to watering. I never had any issues with pm when I was using bacillus subtillus. But pretty much everything has been taken off the market in Canada & only Monsanto products are available because our government got sold out by their lobbyists unfortunately. I did notice there was some trichoderma based fungicide available on eBay from Russia. Are you using bassilus or the trichderma based spray ?

It trips me out that so many climates get summer rains. My yard hasn’t seen rain since mid May and won’t see any until november, every summer day is between 90-105 and dry.

Holyswagger

Holyswagger

That makes more sense. When you said bone dry I was like eeeekkk... not my babies lol!

View attachment 1010920
I also give them just a few drops of molasses in the sprayer with the fungicide for 2 weeks to give them some food to really help them take off. Since I'm getting super close to flowering tho...friday will be my last time using the molasses. Straight water after that. I will be using a leaf blower tho after it rains as well when they start stacking.
I gave them a 1/2 gallon each of organic pop corn sprout tea followed by 1/2 gallon of iguana juice at 1/2 strength each. (Fish base, krill extract, yucca extract, kelp meal and alfalfa extract)
Tomorrow they get the 1/2 strength organic rubicon fish 2-3-0 and 1/2 strength rubicon organic seaweed. I water that in with about 6 tbs of insect frass and 10-12 Tbs of worm castings. Then just straight water and a bit of microbial mass in 7 days. Lots of water and hoping for sunshine !

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I gave them a 1/2 gallon each of organic pop corn sprout tea followed by 1/2 gallon of iguana juice at 1/2 strength each. (Fish base, krill extract, yucca extract, kelp meal and alfalfa extract)
Tomorrow they get the 1/2 strength organic rubicon fish 2-3-0 and 1/2 strength rubicon organic seaweed. I water that in with about 6 tbs of insect frass and 10-12 Tbs of worm castings. Then just straight water and a bit of microbial mass in 7 days. Lots of water and hoping for sunshine !
Oh wow! That's a job! I just do half a tsp each of molasses and Epsom, half dose of liquid kelp and full strength of silica and earth juice bloom. Everything else is already in my soil. Plus I just top dressed a few weeks ago of my roots organic bloom (this is the second time..
First was in june) and its inoculated with all the microbes.
I was watering in mykos up for the first month as well. I try to keep things as simple as possible when growing organically.

Top Bottom