Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

OMG......I am ridiculously jealous of some of the beautiful plants in this thread !

My first grow.....as is always the case, I went "go big or go home"......I have 4 grows going (4 generations at once).....growing outdoors in Michigan. Terrible weather (always sketchy here, but I never realized the effects such weather had on plants until now). I live in the woods with 5 flower gardens. BUGS GALORE!

Currently battling a consecutive array of crap......powdery mildew and white flies (same auto plant 2 weeks from hopeful harvest) yellow sticky tape is catching an amazing array of fliers now, aphids, nutrient deficiencies......I have hella hard water (tons of calcium) having nutrient lockout on my only photo which is also revegging. It was a gift clone put out too early & flowered...now back into veg stage.....I ended up having to transplant it.

The entire 5 gallon pot was CAKED with calcium ! PH of soil has been a real b*tch to get down. Now luckily under 7.0 and I think it's absorbing nutes now? she looks better, I really want her to thrive. She is SO sticky. The flowers she had were AMAZING.....now they are getting lackluster as new growth is the norm instead 😥

I am harvesting my autos as I go....and I did pluck a few choice flowers from the photo and they're drying now along with the buds from my first auto plant harvested. They had cloudy trikes and some amber even.....she was only 5 weeks into flower, so I'm surprised. Maybe all this heat? no idea. But......I refused to lose it all. So dank & brilliant smelling.

I just bought an RO system, hooking up today. This big girl is now happier in her 10 gallon pot. Unfortunately it's plastic. I drilled holes in various spots on the sides to help dissipate the extreme heat....hope it works a bit.

She is still strong......a real trouper. Catapillar bites on so many leaves.....but at least I get to do the neem routine since the flowers are now throwing out one fingered leaves instead of gorgeous white pistils. Sigh. Been foliar feeding her also.....her root system is still bad from that initial tiny 5 gallon cloth pot she filled almost instantly. Totally FULL of roots when I transplanted. I was insanely careful when I did it. I noticed brand new growth the following morning with zero wilt or issues. (praying).

Unfortunately though.....I didn't realize she was back in veg and surrounded her with "flower doo". Been supplementing veg nutes via foliar spray hoping to get her color back in check. She's greening up from a very pale green. She was so hungry 😳

Thus far.......I have battled fungus gnats, caterpillars, white flies, thrips, powdery mildew, botrytis, nute deficiencies, torrential rain, crazy high humidity, intense heat (90* for almost a week---twice), all the while keeping 4 stages of plant growth in check.

I feel SCHIZOPHRENIC !

Lmao.....thank goodness I work from home. I can keep tabs on all these issues regularly. If I didn't work from home, I would have no plants alive by now.

I do love Michigan......but wowzers......I may end up an "indoor grower" after all this?

I cannot say how impressed I am at you guys growing HUGE gardens outside organically.....this is no small feat. I spent 30 minutes picking white fly maggots off a single auto flower this morning hoping to hell I can keep the buds free. What if I had dozens of plants???? how can this be done? no idea !

Prevention, I guess. I will never be so lackluster in that area again. My new tact will be TREAT IT FIRST. I had fried a few plants using Dawn earlier in the season and became scared of using preventative measures. Never again. Just be smart about it instead. Bastile soap (or something with no bleach or anti-bacterials) So so so much easier to prevent than to try and treat later. Live & learn !

Not ready to part ways with my local pot seller yet........but? that's STILL the plan ! 💚
Am in u.p. and use companion plants to attract predators, and deter bugs. There is a huge list of plants that have smell bugs don't like. And when you got flowers bees like, the bees just hang out in your garden all the time.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Wow there are some really nice grows going on here. I am very impressed and somewhat motivated to grow my girls with most of the info laid out on this forum. Hats off guys and Cannabis gurus. I am hoping I am the next gen organic grower but still have more to learn so keep posting : ) I felt compelled to show my girls and update. Seeing some of these monsters, it kinda makes mine look kinda small lol. I am in southern Ontario and think my first outdoor grow is going rather smooth. Kinda scares me a bit : ) Here are some pics... I went big....as much as my prescription allows lol. 64 plants. Hash Plant, Green Crack, Northern Lights and I think crown royale... cant remember lol. All organic with bennie teas. I make my teas in 200 liter drum and aerate. Worm castings in pillow case, Organic nutes in sock, Nematodes, 164ppm well water, and some molasses. My barrels always foam over in 24 hours so I know when it is best to use. Nothing but positive vibes for organic and I spend way less than syn nutes. Costs are around $62 per watering for 64 plants. About $1 per plant per watering. I cannot complain about that. Next year I will run my wifes prescription also and have about 120 girls. Should be a challenge but will replicate what I am doing now.
Good job

Purepiff

Purepiff

All gelato 41 2 days into week 3
20200807 133312

Huffy

Huffy

Wow there are some really nice grows going on here. I am very impressed and somewhat motivated to grow my girls with most of the info laid out on this forum. Hats off guys and Cannabis gurus. I am hoping I am the next gen organic grower but still have more to learn so keep posting : ) I felt compelled to show my girls and update. Seeing some of these monsters, it kinda makes mine look kinda small lol. I am in southern Ontario and think my first outdoor grow is going rather smooth. Kinda scares me a bit : ) Here are some pics... I went big....as much as my prescription allows lol. 64 plants. Hash Plant, Green Crack, Northern Lights and I think crown royale... cant remember lol. All organic with bennie teas. I make my teas in 200 liter drum and aerate. Worm castings in pillow case, Organic nutes in sock, Nematodes, 164ppm well water, and some molasses. My barrels always foam over in 24 hours so I know when it is best to use. Nothing but positive vibes for organic and I spend way less than syn nutes. Costs are around $62 per watering for 64 plants. About $1 per plant per watering. I cannot complain about that. Next year I will run my wifes prescription also and have about 120 girls. Should be a challenge but will replicate what I am doing now.
Very nice!!

Huffy

Huffy

Great work!
They all look fantastic- should get some tight knarly buds!!

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Just fed her the fermented fruit juice for the first time, in addition to some insect frass. I did 1 cup ffj 1 cup frass in a 55 gal. Gave her about 30 gal and gave my peppers the other 25 gal.

I have been testing it on the veggie garden so am pretty confident she will like it. 🤞

2014C8AB 99EF 47EB 8D0D FB4D5BE9AF7C
Huffy

Huffy

I saw this little guy on my Lvtk plant this morning it’s a hummingbird moth a rare sight to see
Yes, I regularly see hummingbird moths on my jasmine plants which are adjacent to my grow outside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom