Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheKushie

TheKushie

The key to growing trees is not necessarily starting them super super early but LOTS of amazing soil and a hard core training program from the start.
These were spouted from seed in feb and then put into 400 gallons of my soil blend. Some of them did well over 7 pounds a piece. All 100% organic. View attachment 1028983

Now can you grow a couple of pounds in a 5 gallon bucket? Yes... but it takes skill. This method you can just literally transplant and let them explode with little work on your part.
I scrog them from the start and then fim a few times and then turn into bushy beasts.

This yr I'm only doing 100 gallons that is why they are smaller.
Those are very impressive plants, maybe one day I'll take a swing at growing something like that. Lol baby steps first so I have to learn to grow them big in pots then move to should in ground. Leaning organic soil is next but on my list but if I chose to grow organic I'll end up looking for a certified organic farm and pick up diet from them. I'm lazy but not stupid haha

Purepiff

Purepiff

Those are very impressive plants, maybe one day I'll take a swing at growing something like that. Lol baby steps first so I have to learn to grow them big in pots then move to should in ground. Leaning organic soil is next but on my list but if I chose to grow organic I'll end up looking for a certified organic farm and pick up diet from them. I'm lazy but not stupid haha
Is there a reason why u prefer organic? Doesn't seem to he any benefit and the weed is rarely up to par with inorganic grown. I am not saying it is never as good but in most cases the weed isn't as green and doesn't even smoke as good imo. Just wondering why people make it seem like organic grown wweed is superior or the practice of growing organic grown weed is smarter then using synthetics

ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

Is there a reason why u prefer organic? Doesn't seem to he any benefit and the weed is rarely up to par with inorganic grown. I am not saying it is never as good but in most cases the weed isn't as green and doesn't even smoke as good imo. Just wondering why people make it seem like organic grown wweed is superior or the practice of growing organic grown weed is smarter then using synthetics
As an organic grower you can grow some pretty fire shit with the right soil. For me personally as to why I grow organic is simply because 1. It's easier to deal with lots of plants and 2. Because buying all those nutrients and chemicals can be extremely expensive, something that I just cannot afford. My whole entire grow is organic using soil that I've had composting from previous grows, I wouldn't say my plants are better than people who do use lots of nutrients because they're definitely not but it's still really good stuff and smokes great. I mean if you want some super fueg shit going the nutrient route would be 100000xs better imho but you can still get that super fueg shit growing organic if you know what you're doing. All in all, it really just depends on the grower and whether or if they'd like to go through the whole feeding the plants lots of nutrients or just letting them grow organically with living soil.

Here's some pictures of my completely organic plants(besides a basic blossom booster that I've had laying around that I use during flower)
IMG 20200909 122110

IMG 20200911 120509

IMG 20200911 120452

IMG 20200911 120434

IMG 20200911 120654

IMG 20200911 120636

IMG 20200909 122229
PSTASHIO

PSTASHIO

So I have 4 ladies that are finishing pre-flower and also I have Mimosa she is still in Veg cycle and she is a 10k genetic along with Apple Juice she is a 10k genetic as well.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Hey great

Hey great lakes , what product do you use for the black fungus ?
The southern ag garden friendly fungicide covers it all... from black spot to pm to rot. Works wonders but you have to start spraying early and keep spraying it. I have been doing it full strength twice a week.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
As an organic grower you can grow some pretty fire shit with the right soil. For me personally as to why I grow organic is simply because 1. It's easier to deal with lots of plants and 2. Because buying all those nutrients and chemicals can be extremely expensive, something that I just cannot afford. My whole entire grow is organic using soil that I've had composting from previous grows, I wouldn't say my plants are better than people who do use lots of nutrients because they're definitely not but it's still really good stuff and smokes great. I mean if you want some super fueg shit going the nutrient route would be 100000xs better imho but you can still get that super fueg shit growing organic if you know what you're doing. All in all, it really just depends on the grower and whether or if they'd like to go through the whole feeding the plants lots of nutrients or just letting them grow organically with living soil.

Here's some pictures of my completely organic plants(besides a basic blossom booster that I've had laying around that I use during flower)
View attachment 1029183
View attachment 1029184
View attachment 1029189
View attachment 1029191
View attachment 1029192
View attachment 1029193

There's a lot of other benefits to organic grows as well, including taste, as you say, money and also beneficial microorganisms that "help" fuel growth, vigor, resistance and nutrient transfer.

Did you know some fungi grow inside the plant roots at a cellular level? Trading bio-chemicals within the plant that reduce overall energy consumption and requirements for increased bud growth?

Mycorrhizae are symbiotic relationships that form between fungi and plants. The fungi colonize the root system of a host plant, providing increased water and nutrient absorption capabilities while the plant provides the fungus with carbohydrates formed from photosynthesis.

The Top 5 Benefits of Humic Acid
  • Increased Nutrient Uptake. The most prominent and well-known benefit of humic (and fulvic) acids are how they increase nutrient uptake in plants. ...
  • Decreased Toxins. ...
  • Increased Water Retention. ...
  • Improved Microbial Growth. ...
  • Better Overall Soil Structure.
These are among a few of the benefits, especially for the outside grower. Also, with some organic nutrients, some biochemicals come as "pre-configured" partially built structures, that require much less work, fewer krebs cycles and less adp fueling plant anabolism and increasing overall "efficiency" of cellular respiration, thus freeing up resources to be put to work building other plant components.

Personally, with Biochemistry background, I try and use a hybrid technique of both organically active components, and organic salts for "optimization" to try and get the best out of both worlds.

Some people like to stick with one technique that works for them, me, I like to master a technique and move on to another (not that I don't revisit them once in awhile) but I like to learn new things, and grow my overall knowledge and skill-sets.

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

There's a lot of other benefits to organic grows as well, including taste, as you say, money and also beneficial microorganisms that "help" fuel growth, vigor, resistance and nutrient transfer.

Did you know some fungi grow inside the plant roots and trade bio-chemicals within the plant that reduce overall energy requirements for bud growth?

Mycorrhizae are symbiotic relationships that form between fungi and plants. The fungi colonize the root system of a host plant, providing increased water and nutrient absorption capabilities while the plant provides the fungus with carbohydrates formed from photosynthesis.

These are among a few of the benefits, especially for the outside grower.

Yeah mycorrhizae facilitate the relationship between your plant and the bacteria that ionize the nutrition in your soil. They are in constant communication through chemical signals, working to supply the plant's exact needs. They also facilitate the relationship between plants and other plants. Young redwood trees are not tall enough to get much light in a redwood forest, and survive almost entirely off of the sugars donated by other redwoods through the mycorrhizal network. Some plants, that do not form mycorrhizal associations such as brassica's will release anti-fungal root exudates to give them a competitive advantage. So its best to keep your brassicas (kale, broccoli, cabbage etc) away from crops like pumpkins or cannabis that rely mycorrhizae.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Did you know some fungi grow inside the plant roots at a cellular level? Trading bio-chemicals within the plant that reduce overall energy consumption and requirements for increased bud growth?

The Top 5 Benefits of Humic Acid
  • Increased Nutrient Uptake. The most prominent and well-known benefit of humic (and fulvic) acids are how they increase nutrient uptake in plants. ...
  • Decreased Toxins. ...
  • Increased Water Retention. ...
  • Improved Microbial Growth. ...
  • Better Overall Soil Structure.
These are among a few of the benefits, especially for the outside grower. Also, with some organic nutrients, some biochemicals come as "pre-configured" partially built structures, that require much less work, fewer krebs cycles and less adp fueling plant anabolism and increasing overall "efficiency" of cellular respiration, thus freeing up resources to be put to work building other plant components.

Personally, with Biochemistry background, I use a hybrid technique of both organically active components, and organic salts for "optimization" to get the best out of both worlds.
Oh dear.. Im sorry brotha, but sometimes
You get too analytical. I use synthetic nutrients and have great results. I see alot of issues with “orangic” grows.” Or people attempting to go “orangic” but have no clue. One seasoned cultivar told
Me a while back, “keep it simple stupid.”
And for a biochemist I’d think you’d be growing some high times cannabis cup type shit.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

View attachment 1029183
View attachment 1029184
View attachment 1029189
View attachment 1029191
View attachment 1029192
View attachment 1029193
I would hit that first plant with a bit of potassium if you haven't done so already. They all look really good.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oh dear.. Im sorry brotha, but sometimes
You get too analytical. I use synthetic nutrients and have great results. I see alot of issues with “orangic” grows.” Or people attempting to go “orangic” but have no clue. One seasoned cultivar told
Me a while back, “keep it simple stupid.”
And for a biochemist I’d think you’d be growing some high times cannabis cup type shit.
We'll I'm not a bio-chemist (not trying to misrepresent myself) I have a biochem background (1 year) and 3 years of organic, inorganic and general chemistry (all college level). I also have a year of microbiology. (2 semesters) I've got an RN degree, and was planning to become a nurse practitioner (APRN) which takes the same level courses of say a medical doctor, a pharmacist, or perhaps masters level MA. A biochemist is much more in depth, for certain, and would have taken those classes and even more. Probably shouldn't be even saying this, actually. (kinda pins down who I am).

That said, to each their own, and certainly everything can be done with a simple 6 pack of nutrients, and I suppose many do. That doesn't change the fact that there's many different ways to grow, and for me, growing organically has been far easier than growing chemically, but as I stated before, I tend to do a bit of a hybrid of them, staying in neither camp, I use what works, period. Also, some of them won't probably use a salt when it's needed, because they have this ignorant "preconception" it's not "organic", which it absolutely is....

I suppose a lot of people have problems with organics because of the sheer complexity too it, there's far more organic choices than inorganic ones, and all of them come with certain caveats, strengths and weaknesses, or perhaps even cross over's. Salts are likely more simple and straght forward for the newer guy, but people like sub-cool made it really easy to figure out..

Also, for me, I've got over 10 acres of land in the Cascades, with tons of thick rainforest soil, and glacial dust, even a glacial creek. I have plans in the spring, and learning this well will serve me for years to come. I don't want to have to tend something that's 50 miles away twice a week, because I'm using organic salts only, that's just not feasible, or realistic, whatsoever.

I've been growing thousands of seeds because I have a plan in mind. I think we just are thinking along two different ways of doing something, and you've got a little more specialized approach, perhaps. Just because someone don't have a bunch of letters after there name, doesn't mean shit with cannabis. I've got a friend who's been doing it for almost 40 years, and nothing else. He's a freaking genius in my eyes, but he see's me smart in the more traditional sense, I suppose.

Just as your calling me "organic" my wife handed me these from the mail.

IMG 20200911 143600
Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
We'll I'm not a bio-chemist (not trying to misrepresent myself) I have a biochem background (1 year) and 3 years of organic, inorganic and general chemistry (all college level). I also have a year of microbiology. (2 semesters) I've got an RN degree, and was planning to become a nurse practitioner (APRN) which takes the same level courses of say a medical doctor, a pharmacist, or perhaps masters level MA. A biochemist is much more in depth, for certain, and would have taken those classes and even more. Probably shouldn't be even saying this, actually. (kinda pins down who I am).

That said, to each their own, and certainly everything can be done with a simple 6 pack of nutrients, and I suppose many do. That doesn't change the fact that there's many different ways to grow, and for me, growing organically has been far easier than growing chemically, but as I stated before, I tend to do a bit of a hybrid of them, staying in neither camp, I use what works, period. Also, some of them won't probably use a salt when it's needed, because they have this ignorant "preconception" it's not "organic", which it absolutely is....

I suppose a lot of people have problems with organics because of the sheer complexity too it, there's far more organic choices than inorganic ones, and all of them come with certain caveats, strengths and weaknesses, or perhaps even cross over's. Salts are likely more simple and straght forward for the newer guy, but people like sub-cool made it really easy to figure out..

Also, for me, I've got over 10 acres of land in the Cascades, with tons of thick rainforest soil, and glacial dust, even a glacial creek. I have plans in the spring, and learning this well will serve me for years to come. I don't want to have to tend something that's 50 miles away twice a week, because I'm using organic salts only, that's just not feasible, or realistic, whatsoever.

I've been growing thousands of seeds because I have a plan in mind. I think we just are thinking along two different ways of doing something, and you've got a little more specialized approach, perhaps. Just because someone don't have a bunch of letters after there name, doesn't mean shit with cannabis. I've got a friend who's been doing it for almost 40 years, and nothing else. He's a freaking genius in my eyes, but he see's me smart in the more traditional sense, I suppose.
🤔🤔 Ive seen your collection of nutrients and insecticides. Prettt sure they are not organic. Over thinking and over analyzing situations is what leads to issues. Just grow the plant. It really isn’t that hard

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
🤔🤔 Ive seen your collection of nutrients and insecticides. Prettt sure they are not organic. Over thinking and over analyzing situations is what leads to issues. Just grow the plant. It really isn’t that hard

Since you seem to be so well informed about my grow perhaps you can clarify for us. Which of these are inorganic and with are organic. The "black" things are worm casings if you've never seen them before.

IMG 20200911 144433
IMG 20200911 144536
IMG 20200911 144225
IMG 20200911 144328
IMG 20200911 144351
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
To clarify my statement about organic salts and organics is obviously incorrect in the traditional sense. I guess what I meant to say is this, without "these salts" life simply cannot exit, period. It's an argument my bio-chem professor makes, and it's one I agree with, you cannot separate organics from it salt components, period. There essentially one, (and the reasons why it's done, is purely speculation) there symbiotic, in the places of the world were most salts accumulate, "life" has left them there "in those concentration" in one way or another. Also, you can't do shit in a living cell, without what? fluid dynamics (water and salts), every "chemical" reaction within a cell is done by what? a SALT. Or it's a hormone, a substrate, (chemical messengers build by salts) that are chemical movers. Spontanious reactions and Catalysed reactions are the "essence" of life itself.

I really don't get were the whole organics/salt controversy comes from TBH, because it's just a silly argument, in my eyes, and with that comes biases from both sides of the spectrum.

TheKushie

TheKushie

Theres probably tons of guys who can grow organics and make it superior to synthetic but those guys are rare and so is the weed. I think I can grow organic and make it good haha might take a few grows though 😜

Top Bottom