HipsterDoodus

Massachusetts, 42N, Swamp Tube Guerrilla Grow

Jake's Romulan
002 Romulan

Mandala Seeds Satori
010 Satori

Kushkies

Kushkies

First year Grower, learning lots. Two on the left are OG kush and had some early issues as I was was watering with my house water which has a water softener. So I determined that this caused a magnesium deficiency and I tried to adjust accordingly and shut off my water softener and ph tested all waterings as well and added some epsom salts to each watering as well. The two on the right are Moby Dick and I think are doing well but may not finish I time.

20200912 115655
crackers

crackers

Howdy, I’m here on the west coast covered in smoke. Any idea how to get the ash off?

Puffpaff

Puffpaff

heya farmer, just imagine how big your plants could be in larger pots if you can grow a 7 ft in one gallon pots !! You must enjoy having to feed/ water very often to keep her thriving???

Yesss! That is the only drawback! I actually wanted smaller plants. I never ever expected them to get that big (hence why they also looked that cramped for space).

They are also all “bag seeds” but I only kept seeds from stuff that I smoked and was really great in quality so I expect to get “ok” stuff at least for my first grow.

I also planted 2 per pot! Using your theory that smaller pots equals smaller plants. 😂 And very little grow medium (about half the gallon) because I expected more males since I was using bag seeds and I ended up with way more females than anticipated (not that I’m complaining!)

So far so good! Can’t wait for “Croptober” 🤞🏽

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yesss! That is the only drawback! I actually wanted smaller plants. I never ever expected them to get that big (hence why they also looked that cramped for space).

They are also all “bag seeds” but I only kept seeds from stuff that I smoked and was really great in quality so I expect to get “ok” stuff at least for my first grow.

I also planted 2 per pot! Using your theory that smaller pots equals smaller plants. 😂 And very little grow medium (about half the gallon) because I expected more males since I was using bag seeds and I ended up with way more females than anticipated (not that I’m complaining!)

Probably was a rogue stem on a female plant that somehow got turned male, creating feminized pollen.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I am far from informed that why I’m here. I know nothin about Organics I just grow indoor trees. Hey at least I’m honest. Haha. Is this considered organic or inorganic?

That one is inorganic, as it shows down on the bottom. Derived from magnesium nitrate, potassium nitrate, ect...

Anything organic going to be made from anything "once live" ie. worm casings, bone/blood/fish/crab meals, kelp meals, Humics although they are mineral sources (ie. rocks) they are created from "ancient" organic sources, ie dinosaurs, ferns, ect. Also any types of poops, guano, chicken manure, ect. Things like green sands, clays are also considered organics, because there rich in organic detritus and low in sedimentary input.

Your right burnz, sometimes I probably over analyze things, and I apologize if I ever came off arrogant or know it all, (I am most certainly not) about anything, I'm trying to learn, and I also want to share information I've accumulated over the years as well, that's all. We come from different backgrounds, experiences, and contribute different information into the game. I really appreciate your input, as your obviously a very talented grower with lots of experice with the methods your using.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well I hate to say it, but all these fires are going to make for nice conditions here in the west next year. burned out areas with no vegetation, lots of phosphrus and potassium, and trace minerals being dumped on the land by millions of tons of ash. Prices on lands going to be low, it's going to be a boon for next season.

Too bad it happens at the cost of suffering right now. The sky's have been Red here in Seattle for the past few days.

I've been looking at buying some land in Christmas valley (place that's currently burning unchecked) for awhile now, but I think I'm going to wait a bit longer as more land becomes available, sadly from the misfortune of this tragedy.

IMG 20200912 141000
Madbud

Madbud

Why do you think they called it Miraclegro?

Madbud

Madbud

First year Grower, learning lots. Two on the left are OG kush and had some early issues as I was was watering with my house water which has a water softener. So I determined that this caused a magnesium deficiency and I tried to adjust accordingly and shut off my water softener and ph tested all waterings as well and added some epsom salts to each watering as well. The two on the right are Moby Dick and I think are doing well but may not finish I time.
Usually the softener is placed after the outside spigot so you can water the lawn.

Kushkies

Kushkies

Usually the softener is placed after the outside spigot so you can water the lawn.
Yeah my softener is right after the water meter and feeds the whole house from there. It was not yellow for the first few weeks of being put into the ground then is started going yellow between the veins and from what I saw on researching it I fit the description of a magnesium deficiency. I treated it as such and it started to rebound and come back. It was almost completely dead at one point in late june. I gathered there was a nute block from the deficiency as well and the epsom salts helped as well. Here are some pics of the buds, first couple are the OG and the last few are the Moby Dick. Learning and am open to any suggestions as well for a better year next year. I am going to build a big Grow box for next year with a scrog setup around it as well and am also looking for suggestions on how to setup a good base grow medium for the year next year.

20200912 182502
20200912 182455
20200912 182333
20200912 182337
20200912 182326
20200912 182324
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The sun in Seattle. It's the apocalypse.

IMG 20200912 154857
frebo

frebo

Well I hate to say it, but all these fires are going to make for nice conditions here in the west next year. burned out areas with no vegetation, lots of phosphrus and potassium, and trace minerals being dumped on the land by millions of tons of ash. Prices on lands going to be low, it's going to be a boon for next season.

Too bad it happens at the cost of suffering right now. The sky's have been Red here in Seattle for the past few days.

I've been looking at buying some land in Christmas valley (place that's currently burning unchecked) for awhile now, but I think I'm going to wait a bit longer as more land becomes available, sadly from the misfortune of this tragedy.
We housed our friends from the evacuation areas very near Phoenix and Trail Oregon for two nights. Most of those areas burned were where the low income workers lived, mobile homes, apartments, and small homes. Real estate was at a premium already and now there will be no housing for a lot of people. We will have smoke until we get a good sustained rain. I wasn’t looking forward to rain for my plants, but.......

frebo

frebo

This is a post of the fire damage for the Alameda fire in Southern Oregon. There are many more fires still burning but this one is finally contained.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

This is a post of the fire damage for the Alameda fire in Southern Oregon. There are many more fires still burning but this one is finally contained.

Holy crap, ran though the woods looks like, left some trees unscathed, but then burned 95% of the homes and infrastructure. People need to learn from this, and build another way. In arid communities, there needs to be more space, (fire breaks) Open and wide like the landscapes there.

But in some spaces, land becomes so expensive. Bad planning.

Top Bottom