• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

IMG 20200920 1107344
IMG 20200920 1110295

First one is purple star, bodhi
Second is phone home (triangle pheno) crossed to road kill unicorn. Very blackberry kush smelling

teejacks

teejacks

got the perfect little buds on the white widow fast, by design to fend off mold. flowered crazy fast in the last week and most of the hairs have turned colour. cold nights lately, left me surprised at the very little amount of morning dew. one more week of sun!

IMG 0099

quebec cbd strain. behind the rest with flowering but i will chop a little early because i have heard the cbd levels will be higher earlier in harvest, and more thc will present itself in the bud the longer it ripens. this should be roughly cbd20:1thc. i will test it out by smoking it 😍

IMG 0107

critical strain! doing its thing. interestingly enough, this has more amber trichs then the wwf with the hairs all turned colour already. goes to show the many differences in telling when a strain is really ready

IMG 0104

lookin great everyone!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here's my neighbor's up close I wouldn't want to enjoy it, if it can be enjoyed. He gave me some of his last year's stuff to try (I don't smoke). It's been in his shed all year, he never trimmed it and it was covered in mold. He said just pick the mold off it's been in here a while. It made it to my garbage can where I dropped it accidently in and washed my hand and took a shower lol. I'm gonna bring him some of mine when it's done see if he likes it better. He said his shit makes you cough like mad.... Probably because your smoking PM and Mold 😂
View attachment 1028090

That's kinda silly, if you had a whole plant, making RSO or extracts mean virtually nothing in regards to some mold. What do you think your eating in your bread? or Cheese?

Do you know what many lifesaving antibiotics are made from? That's right, mold. In fact, many advanced growing techniques in cannabis include culturing fungus at the root base. Without the yeast that grow in your belly, you probably couldn't even continue to live.

Last edited:
SinCity

SinCity

To clarify my statement about organic salts and organics is obviously incorrect in the traditional sense. I guess what I meant to say is this, without "these salts" life simply cannot exit, period. It's an argument my bio-chem professor makes, and it's one I agree with, you cannot separate organics from it salt components, period. There essentially one, (and the reasons why it's done, is purely speculation) there symbiotic, in the places of the world were most salts accumulate, "lifeo" has left them there "in those concentration" in one way or another. Also, you can't do shit in a living cell, without what? fluid dynamics (water and salts), every "chemical" reaction within a cell is done by what? a SALT. Or it's a hormone, a substrate, (chemical messengers build by salts) that are chemical movers. Spontanious reactions and Catalysed reactions are the "essence" of life itself.

I really don't get were the whole organics/salt controversy comes from TBH, because it's just a silly argument, in my eyes, and with that comes biases from both sides of the spectrum.

You've left me no choice--now I have to say something.
There's a ton of things I don't know about in this big ole world. And there have been more than a few times that I've gone down in a blaze of glory loudly defending something that turns out to be utterly false. Nothing wrong with not knowing something. Nothing wrong with being wrong.
But what's bothering me here is that you have obviously looked at the fundamentals of biochemistry--yet you have alot of it wrong. If you're gonna step off the porch...i'm going to give a fuller response by replying to one of your previous posts.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

There's a ton of things I don't know about in this big ole world. And there have been more than a few times that I've gone down in a blaze of glory loudly defending something that turns out to be utterly false. Nothing wrong with not knowing something. Nothing wrong with being wrong.
But what's bothering me here is that you have obviously looked at the fundamentals of biochemistry--yet you have alot of it wrong. If you're gonna step off the porch...i'm going to give a fuller response by replying to one of your previous posts.
Alls I know is I started with synthetics... I then tried to use both synthetic and organic...then I tried just 100% organically grown living soil. No comparison and wont look back...
To each their own tho. :)

Holyswagger

Holyswagger

Growing organically is the only way I would ever grow!

update on the BC pink kush.. giving them a 1 teaspoon of organic molasses, 5ml of rubicon organic seaweed and 1 teaspoon of Epsom salts per 1.5 gallons.

2F98A3CF BE19 4E76 ABFF 5AC7771E87B5
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

I'm fine with being wrong. It's not like that's never happened before, it's how we often learn things. I'm all for that. I try to miss it where I can by using some deductive reasoning and study, and by simply sometimes making mistakes. (and trying to learn from them) Formulate another plan, rinse and repeat. Please feel free to clarify, or set things straight. All I would ask, is try and do so in a respectful manner. 😁

I'm all up for learning something, especially in regards to this subject.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Alls I know is I started with synthetics... I then tried to use both synthetic and organic...then I tried just 100% organically grown living soil. No comparison and wont look back...
To each their own tho. :)

I'm with you on the living part for sure, I just think there's something to be gleaned from using "some salts" toward the end of the haul. Start out with an completely organic setup, then as the plant enters it's last stages, add the salt's as needed to "optimize" the finish.

Maybe it can be done entirely organic, I'm not saying it can't be, but I've certainly not done it at that level quite yet, but I've only been trying my hand at organics for a little while now, (less than a year) before then, I used almost entirely synthetic. (for years), so I'm certainly not an expert by any means. Just trying my hand at a new type of grow, that's all.

Certainly, getting the mix just right, should be a key component.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
colas are starting to form... they are about 2 foot long.. 4-5 more weeks to go!

The plants here all really look fantastic BTW, Everything in here looks really healthy and vigorous for the most part, even the stuff that's been hanging out by the fires looks like it's recovering well, (from what I've seen) nice to see so many really wonderful looking plants out there so far this year. Hope the Sun Gods continue to bring in a healthy and dry harvest this year.

Keep an eye out for any bud rot fella's you don't want that creeping on you from out of nowhere, it can be sneaky and tunnel, and hide. I've had experiences in past years with it, as I'm sure many here also have.

Pic my my lovely trifolate white widow pheno.

IMG 20200920 191927
IMG 20200920 191913
Last edited:
Top Bottom