Let's see your 2023 outdoor grow!

• Thread starter shaganja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Does anyone use old school wire hangers to organize their plants while drying or am I the only one 🫣
Nah. They don’t even make real wire hangers anymore?

I use fencing for everything.
F23FA3AA 1C04 4FF3 9579 CC4F6CE58781

cpurola

cpurola

Do you look at the trichomes, or strickly lab test? And if the lab says it's ready, what do they look like?
Just asking because I have 1:1 CBD/THC plants and am fighting a bad case of septoria.
The trichomes are cloudy, and I'd like to harvest some before spraying anything.

Thanks for any help.
Never mind, I found a chart that answers my questions.
THC CBD chart

cpurola

cpurola

i could be wrong but think that chart is wrong, cbd degrades also but cbn increases
I found it on ILGM's website:
https://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/growing/trichome-harvesting-chart/

Can you tell me when it's best to harvest 1:1?
Just asking 'cause I grew CBD Peyote 2:1 last year and it turned out to be very high in THC. It's possible I didn't harvest it at the right time.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I found it on ILGM's website:

Can you tell me when it's best to harvest 1:1?
Just asking 'cause I grew CBD Peyote 2:1 last year and it turned out to be very high in THC. It's possible I didn't harvest it at the right time.
i’ve read that harvesting earlier in the “window” will give you more cbd as that is suppose to degrade faster than thc..
so with this harlequin and it’s cbd/thc ratio i harvest them the first sight of any trichomes turning amber, you can sometimes catch it earlier by noticing some trichomes having a yellowish hue..
most cbd strains are from cbg so that can cause some cbd strains trichomes not to turn amber or takes a very long time too, so timing is kinda essential..
..mind you i could be off on some of this..

hazegod666

hazegod666

Last year I had a battle with PM and no bud rot, this year is the exact opposite. I've got the usual where you get the brown mushy bud, also getting brown spots where a branch meets a larger stem and the buds dry out and die. Never seen that one before. It will probably be an early harvest for me just to beat the problems
Little spots that brown and die seem to be stem borrers that die and rot or bud worms that die and rot in the middle of the bud very annoying! H202 kills it but damage is done while branch is usually under attack from botrytis it’s like a 1 two punch.

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Home stretch for big Mazar
18E849D2 3AE2 494D A059 F44D44D6D469

…but the Jack Herer is starting to take a hit from botrytis. Damn shame.
69FEFDC6 A73D 4156 813D 4B9E70AF2DC1

If you’re new to growing plants on earth, here’s a sign that a bud is infected. See that one yellow leaf? That’s your sign.

A37B982E 42BA 4BC4 A4A1 B9B2C0B0D754

Which is why I regularly keep all the yellow leaves pruned out of my garden. Then you can see when there’s a problem. Prolly a budworm. I dunno. I cut it and throw it over the fence, because that’s a rational thing to do? No. That is stupid. I should uh. Hmm.

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If it’s worms, I would probably just cut out the bad part and hang the rest. Mold it would be pretty risky. Would want to quarantine it. That’s a bummer, helix! You’re spot on with the yellow and brown sugar leaves! Dead giveaway! Good luck, brother. My brother estimates that he is going to lose at least 50% of his crap to worms and rot! He’s in Southern California!

Top Bottom