• Tagged users None
DRan88

DRan88

20230915 104440
20230915 104733
20230915 105124

L

Learningdetroit

Cure jar was pretty stable for awhile but now I open it it goes down pretty fast and close it and it creeps up pretty fast

If you are going to continue this hobby next season I still really recommend you look into GroveBags for your curing. It will take much of the headache and worry away as they don’t need to be burped and have a humidity liner inside the bags.

They are relatively cheap especially if your local hydro shops carry them. My shop sells out of them soon as they come in like clock work. You can get LB bags for $2.50 or oz bags for like $1. They take up less room than jars and are no where near the price of jars also you don’t need to go buying expensive bodevas or even bother with hydrometers.

Many commercial grows are using these as it saves them a ton of time and actually give your plants a close to perfect cure.

bguwop420

bguwop420

Yea I be forgetting this is a whole site I keep coming back to this thread 😂 my bad yall
Yea I should of just left it out on the tray for 12 hours instead of 3 .. it's back on the tray now..it was smellin fire when i thought i had it almost stable but then i kept having to open it up when it went past 65, ,and the hay smell crept back in...RIP

It's all good it weighed out to 11 gs , I think it has a chance to cure still when it gets a lil dryer

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
If you are going to continue this hobby next season I still really recommend you look into GroveBags for your curing. It will take much of the headache and worry away as they don’t need to be burped and have a humidity liner inside the bags.

They are relatively cheap especially if your local hydro shops carry them. My shop sells out of them soon as they come in like clock work. You can get LB bags for $2.50 or oz bags for like $1. They take up less room than jars and are no where near the price of jars also you don’t need to go buying expensive bodevas or even bother with hydrometers.

Many commercial grows are using these as it saves them a ton of time and actually give your plants a close to perfect cure.
Never used them, been hearing great things…..I would need an awful lot of those though 😂

bguwop420

bguwop420

Nvm the hay smells gone it's back smelling fire sitting on the tray 🔥 ight Im off here tho

bguwop420

bguwop420

Yea I'm gonna get those 100 percent don't know why I havnt yet just wanted to try the jar method
They say u throw em in and done

L

Learningdetroit

Never used them, been hearing great things…..I would need an awful lot of those though 😂

I’ll never use jars again long as that company is still producing the bags. Went from using 50 jars to using a handful of bags.

They make 5/10lb bags aswell but if you need a real large cure bag they make liners that you can throw into a tote and just fill it. Most of the large corporate grows I know are using those liners to cure 30lbs+ at a time.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I’ll never use jars again long as that company is still producing the bags. Went from using 50 jars to using a handful of bags.

They make 5/10lb bags aswell but if you need a real large cure bag they make liners that you can throw into a tote and just fill it. Most of the large corporate grows I know are using those liners to cure 30lbs+ at a time.
Well, I’m not rolling that large, but a 5-10lb bag would be perfect. Thanks for the good word man. I’ll check them out!

L

Learningdetroit

Yea I'm gonna get those 100 percent don't know why I havnt yet just wanted to try the jar method
They say u throw em in and done

It really is like that just throw it in the bag and forget about it for a month.

You just don’t want to be opening them up everyday it takes 48 hours for the terploc to set in then it’s off to the races.

I personally heat seal mine and they don’t get touched for a month to let the cure do it’s thing. I haven’t had a bad cure come out of those bags yet where compared to when I was starting with jars I was having hay fever.

I recommend calling some hydro shops and asking if they carry them before ordering online as the shipping cost is actually more than you’ll pay for the bags themselves.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
i’ve heard the opposite that they are garbage..
i wouldn’t use bags of any kind.. jars or food grade pails for me..
I generally use a sterilite container with a gasket and a hygrometer placed in the lid. Works wonderful. Keeps jar numbers down and they are stackable too. I’m definitely one of those if it ain’t broke don’t fix it dudes, I have heard some ok things about them, but the capacity people were using them in, waaaaay smaller of an application than I could use. I haven’t heard one way or the other about larger bags save @Learningdetroit tonight. I’m def a little skeptical, but I’m always willing to give something a shot once just to see. Not so sure if I am or would in this case. I’ve kinda been doing it the same way for decades…..

L

Learningdetroit

i’ve heard the opposite that they are garbage..
i wouldn’t use bags of any kind.. jars or food grade pails for me..

Everyone has they own way of doing things, some people just don’t like switching from something they’ve been doing for years.

However the product truly is a blessing for new growers and people that don’t have time to worry about burping and checking in on multiple separate jars.

Here’s a pretty large thread most of the people that posted about actually using them had been positive.

I’ll just say I wouldn’t knock it till you try it a lot of your bud you would get from dispos has been cured in these bags it’s nearly a industry standard here in Michigan at this point at least with the farms I have talked to.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Everyone has they own way of doing things, some people just don’t like switching from something they’ve been doing for years.

However the product truly is a blessing for new growers and people that don’t have time to worry about burping and checking in on multiple separate jars.

Here’s a pretty large thread most of the people that posted about actually using them had been positive.

I’ll just say I wouldn’t knock it till you try it a lot of your bud you would get from dispos has been cured in these bags it’s nearly a industry standard here in Michigan at this point at least with the farms I have talked to.
no friends have used them and we’re loving them than all of them quit using them shortly after, saying it wasn’t curing properly etc and apparently the bags were basically destroying trichomes with handling..
we’re hashish makers so ever head counts!.. haha..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
no friends have used them and we’re loving them than all of them quit using them shortly after, saying it wasn’t curing properly etc and apparently the bags were basically destroying trichomes with handling..
yes lots of dispo weed growers use these bags as an easy option for curing and for easy displaying at dispo’s..
they also use weed trimmers which only destroys trichomes to speed up the process..
all junk methods to take your money..

L

Learningdetroit

I will admit that yes they do kind of tend to compress buds but that seems like a handling issue more than anything. People like to squeeze and tumble the bags they’re not as protective as a jar.

I also know that they had an issue with production on some oz bags that did lead to some failed cures but as far as I know the company addressed and fixed that.

I personally haven’t had a bad cure come out of them with my autoflowers the last few years but if I do have a problem this year I’ll definitely let people know.

yes lots of dispo weed growers use these bags as an easy option for curing and for easy displaying at dispo’s..
they also use weed trimmers which only destroys trichomes to speed up the process..
all junk methods to take your money..

I also use a bowl trimmer for all of my plants I’m not sitting in trim jail for months to trim 8lbs when I can run it wet through the bowl and then hand trim the remaining. If your wet trimming youre not going to lose as much tris as you’d believe I seen some experiments about this I’ll have to find them to post. Dry trimming with a bowl or tumbler is another story.

It’s still up to everyone’s preference I’m sure people can find things to shit on with the hand trim/Manson jar process just as others do with grovebags and trimming equipment.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Facts, them god pods are best left unfettered!

Top Bottom