Premium Member
Supporter
DSCN4395

PP ExGen

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
Check out Bill Graham. He and I go back over 15 years, and he has developed some really nice tissue culture systems. He used to own the hydro shop in Mountain View, ca way back before growing was cool. Best hydro store in history, they had 5 high level degrees between 3 salesman at that store. Obviously they moved on to much bigger and better things.

He has a bunch of video's on youtube also. Simple stuff really, just keep it clean. Stay away from cheap 60$ systems. You get what you pay for.

I'm not gonna pay 200$ for anything I haven't tried . losing 60$ is fine as long as I get the basics.. The 60$ kit comes form Super Starts Plant Tissue Culture Kit. They also make 220$ kits. The company is 1 of the top producer of these kits if not the largest.. There isn't any diff in the basic tissue culture parts. The larger kit comes with jars,test tubes, RO water, IPA, Peroxide and the chems needed to make the gel. The 60$ kit comes with the gel already mixed in the tubes sealed ready to use none of the other stuff. I have all these here . I did my home work before I bought the 60$ kit.. I wanted to know if anyone here got a tissue culture to work ..

Af2c 12

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I'm not gonna pay 200$ for anything I haven't tried . losing 60$ is fine as long as I get the basics.. The 60$ kit comes form Super Starts Plant Tissue Culture Kit. They also make 220$ kits. The company is 1 of the top producer of these kits if not the largest.. There isn't any diff in the basic tissue culture parts. The larger kit comes with jars,test tubes, RO water, IPA, Peroxide and the chems needed to make the gel. The 60$ kit comes with the gel already mixed in the tubes sealed ready to use none of the other stuff. I have all these here . I did my home work before I bought the 60$ kit.. I wanted to know if anyone here got a tissue culture to work ..

View attachment 507535

Yes it works, been using tissue culture for over 15 years with incredible success. Hope this helps.

BTW - that kit is made by Bill Graham, like I recommended, so it should be quality.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

View attachment 507535
I have never delved into tissue culture @hammerhead It is fascinating science tho. I would look forward to you posting up a dedicated thread on your learning experience and share your progress as you learn the science and techniques. Just thinking out loud. I hope you master it and share with us all. :D

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I can still do a write up how it works for me. The kit I got is not the same. Hopefully I will have the same results but since I have never used 1 I can have a discussion about this with those that want to join in.

This Rosetta Stone is interesting. Her growth characteristics are odd. Very Sat dom.. Eager to see how she progresses from here on out. I did pollinate her with Sour Dubb

DSCN5278
DSCN5279

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I can still do a write up how it works for me. The kit I got is not the same. Hopefully I will have the same results but since I have never used 1 I can have a discussion about this with those that want to join in.

View attachment 507683 View attachment 507684

Of course you can make your own thread. I only posted that link to show some people have already documented their work, in case that helps you guys out. Looking forward to seeing how your able to utilize tissue culture. Have fun.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I just noticed the same kit I bought is now going for 72$ on ebay. That's 12$ more then I paid. It still got 19hrs to go. Never understood why people pay more than what its worth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom