Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reddwarf

reddwarf

I wouldn’t, I love to grow the strain don’t get me wrong. She’s beautiful with big long spear buds but lack in the most important department, flavor. Slight manderine sweet with lots of cream. If she just had some slight chem/diesel or og flavor, on the exhale it would be an all time favorite.
It sells out fast until people start catching on. Haha
thank you for your input. You helped me out.

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

Gelato x Wedding Cake

F9125175 1A98 4005 83D6 F1E452F238AB

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
What do forum pollen chuckers have to do with 30 year plus breeders who make and keep seeds to breed with later?

I was gifted shantibaba critical mass seeds that he feminized himself in his own garden.

They were gifted to his friend (another 30 year plus breeder) and in turn gifted to me.

These breeders are responsible for many of the best plants still grown today and real work to legalize medical marijuana.

Not talking bout the strain of the month here.
Got it from my bro who got it from his bro, sounds like bro science... no offense. If he wanted to save the genetics he would have gave the guy the clone. JMO
Giving someone femmed seeds of a strains is only giving them a piece of the gene pool imo.
If the S1’s are as great as the originals then why do growers not self the s1’s of the s1 and be successful growing and selling them. It’s going to get uglier and uglier the farther you go. And they will drift farther and farther from the original.
That is in no way preserving the genes in my opinion.:smoking:

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Got it from my bro who got it from his bro, sounds like bro science... no offense. If he wanted to save the genetics he would have gave the guy the clone. JMO
Giving someone femmed seeds of a strains is only giving them a piece of the gene pool imo.
If the S1’s are as great as the originals then why do growers not self the s1’s of the s1 and be successful growing and selling them. It’s going to get uglier and uglier the farther you go. And they will drift farther and farther from the original.
That is in no way preserving the genes in my opinion.:smoking:

They live on opposite sides of the world.

And they re plant hundreds of them and find the ones they are looking for. Breeders have re released and made many new strains this way for a long time.

Properly bred feminized seeds have a few common phenos like any other properly bred regular male and female plants. With the numbers those guys plant they can find what they are looking for.

Im not here to advertise but the breeder Im talking about has history and experience in the industry at a very high level. He was also part of the successful medical movement in Mendocino in the beginning. And im pretty sure he went underground with the old famous guys in europe when they shut down the dispensaries years ago.

I have been growing his fem seeds for years. They are consistent and bred from some amazing older genetics.

Look at my thread. I have posted many examples already.

Leew421

Leew421

Have run both....with no issues, but like to stay with regs....
If I have any s1 I like to breed out of it. On special occasions is the s1 okay in my book. The whole idea is preservation and if that's what it takes then so be it. If you think of breeding as mixing plants then any seed is only half the genetic makeup in that regard. These plants are endless in what can be made. There is so much info on strains and of you're not up to date you're lost.

Leew421

Leew421

I wouldn’t, I love to grow the strain don’t get me wrong. She’s beautiful with big long spear buds but lack in the most important department, flavor. Slight manderine sweet with lots of cream. If she just had some slight chem/diesel or og flavor, on the exhale it would be an all time favorite.
It sells out fast until people start catching on. Haha
I would beg to differ my friend. What you have is a pheno type and not the possibility. I have two phenos I kept of mandarin cookies. One is like a candy gassy orange and the other is just dank mandarins with a hint of cookie. Both throw down hard and the all mandarin one takes a little longer. Fuck ethos though so there is that :)

Srenots

Srenots

If I have any s1 I like to breed out of it. On special occasions is the s1 okay in my book. The whole idea is preservation and if that's what it takes then so be it. If you think of breeding as mixing plants then any seed is only half the genetic makeup in that regard. These plants are endless in what can be made. There is so much info on strains and of you're not up to date you're lost.
yep agree....sum of my best strains turned out from Fem seeds that I wanted to keep going, or I wouldnt have dun it....u no whats good when u see it...then just let the plants do the magic

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

the Headband is from Reserva and the Cindy from Mosca....fuel meets citrus .....good anytime smoke

Makes sense. I see citrusy fuel in my plants often. Its delicious.

I still think headband tasted weird. :-)

Mine was from Classic though. Super potent and smelly. But a little off to me. I wanted it to be “the strain”.

Srenots

Srenots

Makes sense. I see citrusy fuel in my plants often. Its delicious.

I still think headband tasted weird. :)

Mine was from Classic though. Super potent and smelly. But a little off to me. I wanted it to be “the strain”.
like fuel ....that earthy dirty stank...but gotta keep diff flavs round fer salad...fuck havin 1 strain , nope

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I would beg to differ my friend. What you have is a pheno type and not the possibility. I have two phenos I kept of mandarin cookies. One is like a candy gassy orange and the other is just dank mandarins with a hint of cookie. Both throw down hard and the all mandarin one takes a little longer. Fuck ethos though so there is that :)
What would you beg to differ? I haven’t seen anyone talk about gassy phenos of manderinecookies, maybe you got the R1 V2 version?
I got the pheno that Collin uses for pictures on his website because my friend is the one who hunted it for him at A cut Above. They went through hundreds of those beans. Along with manderine sunset, citral glue, temple kush and countless others.
They all look really beautiful I give him that, but the only test for methat counts is the jars I go for when I’m ready to smoke. And the ethos jar eventually get bagged and sold.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

like fuel ....that earthy dirty stank...but gotta keep diff flavs round fer salad...fuck havin 1 strain , nope

I think i have 8 different kinds saved for headstash right now.

And kief mixed from like 50 different plants dry trimmed to sprinkle on top.

We would get along just fine brother. :-)

Top Bottom