Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Ahh yes the tight rose buds are my favorite as well! The have a very good bud to leaf ratio and from my experience have a stronger high. Maybe from more trich coverage due to More surface area on the calx. This comes from the female I use original diesel. The sweet pine smell is from the c99 male.
This is the first female I’ve grown out from the seeds I made and am looking forward to what else I can find.

I "fell" into 3 breeding projects...

I just put the seeds down from the first. It is HSC Pineapple Muffin (male) x HSC Purple Mountain Majesty.

I have 3 Astro Kush (Hazeman). 1 has expressed male. I will have seeds lol!!!

The last is this Blue God male that is beyond pretty good. I'm crossing him with a Blue Cookies clone that I took a couple days ago. I grew both strains earlier this season. They both frosted up hard, had great nug density, and glue your ass to the couch. The other thing I like is though both are heavy indica, they not only mainline well, but they stay short and put out good solid colas.

Hopeful that all three do what they need to do. Love what you've done with that C99 cross. Who's the breeder of the C99?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Bathtub breeder? 🤣

Ok ok... @Edinburgh gets mad when stuff... anyway. Ok dude I'm an old grower too. And I lived in a bubble for a long time. And then all of this wonderful shit seemingly came out of no where. And these young bucks? They know everything.

So I was like gruff gruff rawr argh gah! Old guy growing for a long time. Wtf can I learn. Yeah. Well. Like everything all over again.

Remember when...
...the standard ph for hydro/aero was 7.0
...24/7 was the only way to go
...nutes plugged up aero sprayers constantly
...pumps blew aero systems apart
...heat index in the grow room is projected to be at 140F unless you do some voodoo cooling magic on that street light fixture

Yeah dude. Me too. The breeder you are growing I think is Mephisto.

Analogkid

Analogkid

Dark Star
20201120 115957
20201120 120008
20201120 120020

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok ok... @Edinburgh gets mad when stuff... anyway. Ok dude I'm an old grower too. And I lived in a bubble for a long time. And then all of this wonderful shit seemingly came out of no where. And these young bucks? They know everything.

So I was like gruff gruff rawr argh gah! Old guy growing for a long time. Wtf can I learn. Yeah. Well. Like everything all over again.

Remember when...
...the standard ph for hydro/aero was 7.0
...24/7 was the only way to go
...nutes plugged up aero sprayers constantly
...pumps blew aero systems apart
...heat index in the grow room is projected to be at 140F unless you do some voodoo cooling magic on that street light fixture

Yeah dude. Me too. The breeder you are growing I think is Mephisto.
Well the bath tub reference was for bath tub meth lol. You know the nasty shit that kept you up for dayzzzz. 😬🤪 I would nevetr take shots at someone's grow methods. Wish I knew half of what you have forgotten lol.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Well the bath tub reference was for bath tub meth lol. You know the nasty shit that kept you up for dayzzzz. 😬🤪 I would nevetr take shots at someone's grow methods. Wish I knew half of what you have forgotten lol.
Oh I got it and it was hilarious!!! :))))) There are many here who have retained ALL I have ever forgotten, what I know, and everything I don't.

Look bottom line for me is simple. We can flash around all of the frosted buds we want. All of us produce them to some extent or the other. But here's the way I look at it...

We are nothing more than stewards of the plant. It's the plant and that plant's genetics only which will define the full potential of that plant. There's no "magic juju" out there that makes one plant from one strain grow out differently than another plant from the same strain. If the genetics are stable, then they will produce relatively identical/very similar outputs when grown in the identical environment. It comes down to providing the most optimum environment for the plant and by doing so, it gives us its optimum output. All we are doing is providing as close to perfect conditions as possible. Everything else? It's in the hands of the genetics gods at that point.

The most hilarious awesome part about this is that while people here there and everywhere spew shit about this chemical compound or that, the majority haven't been identified with documented effect. So at the end of the day WHO THE F***** knows the who what were how and why. All we REALLY know is how it makes us feel. Is it good? Awesome, then smoke it. We have awesome tools at our fingertips right? Cutting edge growing media of every size shape and color, LEDs, nutrients complete with all of the micros necessary for that plant to thrive, climate control for optimum temps, fans, filters, yo yos. The list is endless.

At the end of the day, if we have listened closely to our plants and give them what they ask for, then we learn. And as we acquire more knowledge, then we can anticipate action/reaction while proactively giving them what they need... so they no longer have to ask. Once that happens? We are good stewards indeed and are rewarded with the icky sticky.

There may be masters of methods. But there are no masters of the genome of the plant. All we do is blindly glue pieces together and hope for the right pheno to pop its head up. And when we do, it's like seeing a Christmas present open with the best thing in the world in it. Saying that we come from an "educated position" in breeding is sort of hilarious. IF we did, then it would be 100% predictable or at least relative probabilities could be computed. But they can't be. And if someone says it can be, then let me build THAT software and we'll both be retired by the end of 2021.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Oh I got it and it was hilarious!!! :))))) There are many here who have retained ALL I have ever forgotten, what I know, and everything I don't.

Look bottom line for me is simple. We can flash around all of the frosted buds we want. All of us produce them to some extent or the other. But here's the way I look at it...

We are nothing more than stewards of the plant. It's the plant and that plant's genetics only which will define the full potential of that plant. There's no "magic juju" out there that makes one plant from one strain grow out differently than another plant from the same strain. If the genetics are stable, then they will produce relatively identical/very similar outputs when grown in the identical environment. It comes down to providing the most optimum environment for the plant and by doing so, it gives us its optimum output. All we are doing is providing as close to perfect conditions as possible. Everything else? It's in the hands of the genetics gods at that point.

The most hilarious awesome part about this is that while people here there and everywhere spew shit about this chemical compound or that, the majority haven't been identified with documented effect. So at the end of the day WHO THE F***** knows the who what were how and why. All we REALLY know is how it makes us feel. Is it good? Awesome, then smoke it. We have awesome tools at our fingertips right? Cutting edge growing media of every size shape and color, LEDs, nutrients complete with all of the micros necessary for that plant to thrive, climate control for optimum temps, fans, filters, yo yos. The list is endless.

At the end of the day, if we have listened closely to our plants and give them what they ask for, then we learn. And as we acquire more knowledge, then we can anticipate action/reaction while proactively giving them what they need... so they no longer have to ask. Once that happens? We are good stewards indeed and are rewarded with the icky sticky.

There may be masters of methods. But there are no masters of the genome of the plant. All we do is blindly glue pieces together and hope for the right pheno to pop its head up. And when we do, it's like seeing a Christmas present open with the best thing in the world in it. Saying that we come from an "educated position" in breeding is sort of hilarious. IF we did, then it would be 100% predictable or at least relative probabilities could be computed. But they can't be. And if someone says it can be, then let me build THAT software and we'll both be retired by the end of 2021.
Well said! Right now every plant is like a Xmas present to me lol. I am trying to learn what they are needing at different times. I have only grown 9 strains to date. Not counting the 6 new seedlings I have in solo cups. It is a fascinating hobby. I can never get enough of watching the flowers develop and staring at them! So much diversity already. I hope to be learning for years to come! Can't get enough.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I "fell" into 3 breeding projects...

I just put the seeds down from the first. It is HSC Pineapple Muffin (male) x HSC Purple Mountain Majesty.

I have 3 Astro Kush (Hazeman). 1 has expressed male. I will have seeds lol!!!

The last is this Blue God male that is beyond pretty good. I'm crossing him with a Blue Cookies clone that I took a couple days ago. I grew both strains earlier this season. They both frosted up hard, had great nug density, and glue your ass to the couch. The other thing I like is though both are heavy indica, they not only mainline well, but they stay short and put out good solid colas.

Hopeful that all three do what they need to do. Love what you've done with that C99 cross. Who's the breeder of the C99?
Well enjoy but this is the first time I’ve ever pollinated as well!
The c99 came from a friend on another forum but he bought them from joeys weed I believe. I got his c99 x northern lights I’m going to pop some time and find another male.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I don't know, I have trouble running some genetics, and others are much easier for me, so I see a big difference in genes actually. I think some sativas are very difficult to grow, while many indicas are relatively simple to care for. For me, every grow it different. Also, I think autos tend to require different care during early flowering than photoperiods, requiring more calcium and magnesium, but I don't have any grow logs to prove that's the case, it's only observational.

I suspect some people in extremely hot or arid climates might have some difficulty growing my strains.

Certainly some strains grow much better here in the the north were I live, and others grow much better in more arid climates, such as in Cali or Oregon, and don't get me started on the stuff I get coming down from Alaska, those genetics, while sometimes great often have problems with stability.

I think micro environments is what has evolved cannabis, different ways that the sunlight shines, the soil, the atmospheric conditions, the diet all create different combination which fundamentally change the plant over time, evolve it.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Well enjoy but this is the first time I’ve ever pollinated as well!
The c99 came from a friend on another forum but he bought them from joeys weed I believe. I got his c99 x northern lights I’m going to pop some time and find another male.
How are you pollenating?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Personally, I think if you want the best "representative" of a specific strain, you need to clone the very female your wanting, so inducing it with an STS or colloidal silver is the best route, it's just that some plants are very resistant to such methods, so you've got to have a deft hand for it.

Then I pollinate at the stump by the stem as early in flower as possible, (week 1) usually on lower hanging branches, if I want buds also. Usually the STS sites themselves will flower in addition to making pollen, so these area's always have plenty of seed, I keep that all to the bottom portion of the plant.

Top Bottom