Let's see your outdoor grow 2022

• Thread starter DRan88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannadian

Cannadian

This is my current outdoor grow... it was unplanned (was taking a year off after two somewhat successful grows...). A random seed from a Cherry Gar-See-Ya x unknown dropped at harvest last year (my Cherry Gar-Cee-Ya had a few random seeds when I harvested last fall), and sprouted. I kept it watered with little to no nutes until end of July. Came home from 2 weeks camping in second week of August, to see it was starting to flower. She's on nutes now... and loving them. I'm defoliating at random, as last season, September and October were cold and damp, I did not do any defoliation, and it was a battle to get a Gorilla Glue and Cherry Gar-See-Ya crop up and hanging. Lost some of it. This year, keeping the lower part sparse, and picking at the large fan leaves amongst the buds and forming colas.

TSD

TSD

Thanks for the tips!!! It does still have some new fan leaves popping amongst the buds, but looking at it this afternoon, that growth is slowing, and the buds are really starting to get big. My last two seasons, I had monster colas on several branches, and lost a bit to rot... I didn't defoliate those at all (were my first two grows). It's late September and October that are the challenge here. I'm slowly learning - that's why I'm here!
We have a cool wet autumn usually, so this year I did 3 with a scrog outside, to spread out the canopy... figured many medium sized buds might be less likely to get rot...and I also "keep my girls legs shaved" as someone else said... I might have to steal that one lol. I get rid of older yellowing leaves as well and remove haphazardly to get more airflow, but they are still bushy... powdery mildew is also an issue here. They've had several major haircuts but now we're into flower, so just maintenance of dying leaves mostly.

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

Yeah, I'm a little less aggressive outdoors, but I thin it out a lot, depending on the strain/stability. I believe the timing of it is everything, and I also believe it's best to just do it all at once and leave it be, rather than trickle out the defol here and there, causing weeks of stressing the plant during flower. I've never had a plant take more than a day to recover, and there's always a huge growth spurt after, with everything straight up praying. A lot of people think about the light penetration and airflow side of it; I'm no scientist, but I think it's more about what it does hormonally, as well as how it eliminates all the micro-climates in your canopy. I don't like any pars of the plant touching during flower. Like, at all. Micro-climates, dude. I also notice that right after a schwazze after week 3/4, that all the lower budsites that I did leave, EXPLODE, and I even generate new budsites, sometimes in weird spots, like on a bare lower branch or something. Again, the hormone thing, I believe. Everyone has their own way. I have a small op and grow mostly for ganja, so for me, it's about maximizing yield and decent-sized, quality-smoking buds. I do what I do, but I think the great thing about this plant, is there a SO many ways to grow quality medicine, so I don't preach.
Sounds like you got it dialed in 👍
latest of couple of my Jekyll Passion here in Michigan, one is ten foot today the other is 8ft
View attachment 1275599
View attachment 1275600
Sweet😎👍

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Fast Buds
Gelato Auto outdoor

View attachment 1275797

Fast Buds
Pineapple Express Auto
View attachment 1275798
Is this your first run with fast bud genetics? I've been looking into fastbuds for the last 6 months possibly getting some of their autos but I wanted to see if anybody has used them for last couple years and how well their genetics usually do. Like some of the stuff I see online looks really good and it sounds good but we all know that could be a bunch of bull crap just to sell seeds. Just wondering if you can kind of let me know how well they do and if they're worth my time and money.

DRan88

DRan88

Is this your first run with fast bud genetics? I've been looking into fastbuds for the last 6 months possibly getting some of their autos but I wante d to see if anybody has used them for last couple years and how well their genetics usually do. Like some of the stuff I see online looks really good and it sounds good but we all know that could be a bunch of bull crap just to sell seeds. Just wondering if you can kind of let me know how well they do and if they're worth my time and money.
I like them, had no problems with them outdoors. I'm sure indoors they would do even better. If you check out different breeders on growdiaries.com they rank #1 right now I believe

J.dub

J.dub

I also notice that right after a schwazze after week 3/4, that all the lower budsites that I did leave, EXPLODE, and I even generate new budsites, sometimes in weird spots, like on a bare lower branch or something. Again, the hormone thing, I believe. Everyone has their own way. I have a small op and grow mostly for ganja, so for me, it's about maximizing yield and decent-sized, quality-smoking buds. I do what I do, but I think the great thing about this plant, is there a SO many ways to grow quality medicine, so I don't preach.
To parlay off this, here's what I mean. This plant was fully defol'd and lower suckers removed just 3 days ago. Looking at this pic, you can see this main branch running horizontally; the two bigger shoots on the same side of this branch shooting up and out of the pic were all that was left; the smaller, opposite shoots and all fan leaves were removed. In the pic, the little shoot going downwards with a budsite and those two other budsites on the main branch and all the little fan leaves are new growth. It's like survival of the fittest. What was once a crowded, leafy, branchy area receiving very little light and transpiration with old, inefficient fan leaves, has been replaced with compact, fully-exposed budsites and new fan leaves that will require much less energy to maintain. An unintentional FIM in flowering, if you will.
IMG 0844

P

Psy3784

Updates on the giant, the not so giant and then the normal size plant. Lol

The first lady,
Strain: Purple Haze? X??? Still have no clue.
IMG 0846
IMG 1061

IMG 1587

Here is my 9+ footer.
Strain: Same as the other
IMG 1424

IMG 1466

And Big Bertha 15+ Feet
Strain Tall Purple?/Purple Haze? X???
IMG E0515

IMG 1490

Every ones plants are looking awesome!!! 😍

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
This was a transformative year for me. I had big garden goals but that changed. Oh well change is good here's where im at.
6 light dep flowering 2 are important rest are kinda meh.
20220831 104231 copy 2016x1512

Grape Kush mid flower
20220831 104430 copy 1512x2016

Next is back spot where they are all under natural daylight schedule...most flowering, some not. Many strains here and very interesting phenos, genotypes...im in heaven.
20220831 104451 copy 2016x1512

Lastly the preschool section...some seedlings, clones. They all go here till decision made.
20220831 104525 copy 2016x1512

Ive already harvested like 4 or 5 plants since march start..im good ;)
Goal now is get my crosses tested, selected, and seeded in time for next spring.

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

This was a transformative year for me. I had big garden goals but that changed. Oh well change is good here's where im at.
6 light dep flowering 2 are important rest are kinda meh.
View attachment 1276687
Grape Kush mid flower
View attachment 1276688
Next is back spot where they are all under natural daylight schedule...most flowering, some not. Many strains here and very interesting phenos, genotypes...im in heaven.
View attachment 1276689
Lastly the preschool section...some seedlings, clones. They all go here till decision made.
View attachment 1276686
Ive already harvested like 4 or 5 plants since march start..im good ;)
Goal now is get my crosses tested, selected, and seeded in time for next spring.
Sweet👍😎

HWH

HWH

I have no idea what this plant is. It’s one of the photos that got stunted when in March I was clueless and started like 20 seeds. I’ve learned a lot this year. The perpetual indoor grow helps but either way can’t wait to smoke this tall lanky monster.

CBB7104C 610F 4E60 8D8F EA560E508508
0593B659 BB57 4715 9327 B8BDF7AFDCCF
AB2C8691 5406 44CB AF61 4C282A369D0B
BEE6C6C7 8F6C 4E24 BD6D A14C64CE7407

Top Bottom