Let's see your outdoor grow 2022

• Thread starter DRan88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mainebuds69

Mainebuds69

Whoa, pretty impressive! Do you have a game plan for harvesting all that?
That is one of 12...thats the tallest the rest are around 8 ft and abt the same width...I have two rooms setup with dehumidifiers with cords to hang .I will do dry trim( most by hand )for the tops and the lower will be wet trim with a mechanical trimmer tgen racks...fun fun

cpurola

cpurola

I dont prune my outdoor grows at all. I have a theory that the low laying larfy stuff is what the bugs get anyway. it keeps them off of the upper areas of the plant

That Jack’s is a strange looking bud. I had some last year that didn’t develop trikes. I found that if I rolled A Tusker And smoked it and used a lot of imagination I almost caught a buzz. Threw it away! I hope you fare better!
Thanks for the heads up, think I'll pawn it off on a neighbor. Tell him it's a super bud and let him use his imagination. 😉
And NO I don't live in Flint, but I have no idea what's in our well water.
How's your grow going? Are you close to harvest too?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Thanks for the heads up, think I'll pawn it off on a neighbor. Tell him it's a super bud and let him use his imagination. 😉
And NO I don't live in Flint, but I have no idea what's in our well water.
How's your grow going? Are you close to harvest too?
Going great! Things are starting to ooze resin. Sticky icky with weeks to go. Updating Thread this evening. Hang in there, sister, and the best of luck to you!

DesertLady

DesertLady

I did not plant this. Last year I attempted to grow some Big Bud (Fem) outside and it hermied due to heat stress, I live 60 miles from Death Valley. Well I just let it grow because any green in the desert is welcome. This spring while preparing my veggie garden I noticed there was pot coming up everywhere, I must have pulled out 12/13 pot sprouts. At first I thought it was Hemp from the Hemp farm a block away. But it dawned on me my hermied Big Bud had seeded my veggie garden and they survived the winter to sprout in the spring. (Who knew, I’m a newbie) well I pulled all but one and let it take over my onion garden bin. I had no idea pot grew that big. This picture was taken when it was half the size before I chopped it down (it grew to 15 feet) a wind storm came through and partially uprooted it and I got nervous because it’s Illegal to grow here. The stems are very fibrous and are being saved because they will make great baskets. I would love to grow outside but can’t control the 110° temps during the summer. Oh well back to the indoor grows.

3FDEF66C B5FD 48D3 B7CB 1462C925367F
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I did not plant this. Last year I attempted to grow some Big Bud (Fem) outside and it hermied due to heat stress, I live 60 miles from Death Valley. Well I just let it grow because any green in the desert is welcome. This spring while preparing my veggie garden I noticed there was pot coming up everywhere, I must have pulled out 12/13 pot sprouts. At first I thought it was Hemp from the Hemp farm a block away. But it dawned on me my hermied Big Bud had seeded my veggie garden and they survived the winter to sprout in the spring. (Who knew, I’m a newbie) well I pulled all but one and let it take over my onion garden bin. I had no idea pot grew that big. This picture was taken when it was half the size before I chopped it down (it grew to 15 feet) a wind storm came through and partially uprooted it and I got nervous because it’s Illegal to grow here. The stems are very fibrous and are being saved because they will make great baskets. I would love to grow outside but can’t control the 110° temps during the summer. Oh well back to the indoor grows.
I’m struggling to see if it’s even flowering. Should be by now.

Coatesygrow1

Coatesygrow1

The problem is people rely on information out there than gaining experience and experimenting themselves.

That plant with fading leaves is telling you it don’t use that ‘solar panel’ no more. It’s using stored nutrients to pass on to strong more powerful parts of the plant. Outdoors they wall fall off- indoors they kind of don’t.
If you have a good wet to dry cycle and feeding schedule the plant will tell you when it needs water and feeding. And most people think they have to stick to a strict regime to get a harvest. When all they’re doing is jumping in the deep end, and running into experiences they need to have to come back and grow better next time.
Airflow is key

WhataMainah

WhataMainah

I would just stop with the nutes altogether, clean up the yellowing fan leaves, and just ride it out until harvest. Like I said, get a microscope and harvest by the trichs, If those pics you posted were of what they looked like when you said there were "a bunch" of yellowing leaves, it actually didn't look that bad, just like a plant that needed some defol. It's normal for a plant to fade and drop lower hand leaves, even throughout veg.

I think a lot of people new to growing are way too panic-y. When you start piling up all these knee-jerk reactions, it usually leads to garbage in the end. You could literally take some quality beans and throw them out in a sunny field that receives a little bit of rainfall, leave them alone until October, and end up with better bud than the person who spends $1000 on equipment and nutes and babies the plant too much. Not criticizing, just saying -- less is more.
I agree
The problem is people rely on information out there than gaining experience and experimenting themselves.

That plant with fading leaves is telling you it don’t use that ‘solar panel’ no more. It’s using stored nutrients to pass on to strong more powerful parts of the plant. Outdoors they wall fall off- indoors they kind of don’t.
If you have a good wet to dry cycle and feeding schedule the plant will tell you when it needs water and feeding. And most people think they have to stick to a strict regime to get a harvest. When all they’re doing is jumping in the deep end, and running into experiences they need to have to come back and grow better next time.
Airflow is key
I agree with this.

Not sure when to harvest? Harvest a few of the same plants a week or so apart and teach yourself what you truly like best.

Synthetic vs organic? Do one of each and teach yourself which is better for you!

Im just a novice outdoor farmer that grows with organic soil amendments .... But all my buddies who are bud snobs love my shit

J.dub

J.dub

View attachment 1283253View attachment 1283254View attachment 1283255View attachment 1283256View attachment 1283257View attachment 1283258
A few from this morning. Kinda diggin the purple Frisian Dew. Windy this morning, making the models stay still was tough.
Yeah, that Frisian Dew looks exotic. I have that plant's purple duck-footed offspring, which I plan on stealth-growing in a nice spot in the woods next summer. I don't know much about the effects, so I'll keep an eye out for a smoke report on the Dew, if you post one. Lookin' good!

J.dub

J.dub

EDIT: I had a lot of trouble getting these photos right, and couldn't post them as thumbnails for some reason. Sorry for the dump of big photos!

This Maui Wowie is pure gas!! Got my garden smelling like I'm farming Fruit Loops up in here! Took out the 'scope to shoot some trichs and was taken aback at how far along 2 of the 3 girls are -- they're in full fade with a few purple stems, the tops are showing amber trichs here and there, and the lower buds are all clouded up. It was a pain in the ass to see well in the garden, especially with the sun angle, so I'm going to do a sucanat/citric feeding tomorrow, and harvest a couple tops this week to get a better look, but might be doing a chop within the week -- 2 weeks earlier than I anticipated!!
IMG 0892

IMG 0888

IMG 0890
IMG 0894
IMG 0889

IMG 0899

This one is still quite a bit behind, but looking and smelling good!
IMG 0893

Found the beginnings of WPM on a couple of the nearby weeds on the garden floor a few days ago, so covered them with plastic. Girls are totally in the clear though, and it's looking like I'll end up with a damn-fine head stash.
IMG 0900

Last edited:
Top Bottom