Let's see your outdoor grow 2022

• Thread starter DRan88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGgrower420

OGgrower420

Yeah, buddy -- this is really a problem with outdoor grows. Even in the high desert where I grow, it's not uncommon. Humidity fluctuations are as much of a problem as damp conditions, as it can keep spores alive. It's another reason that I'm such a fan of extreme defoliation, even on outdoor plants, as it cuts down on those micro-climates and shaded areas.

It's the home stretch for outdoor growers, and we all should be inspecting those buds daily for WPM, as well as for other pests and nanners! And I always like to shake off the excess water on the plants after a rain, so it's not just sitting on the plants, especially into nightfall. We're going to start reaching dew-point temperature daily pretty much everywhere now, and the problems can snowball quickly.

Practically none. But I am checking thoroughly everyday and shaking the morning dew off every morning.

Also this is my first year using only organic soil amendments and I believe it has made the girls more resilient to things
ORGANIC GROWING
The plants are still really green, especially for a soil grow this late in flower. They should be showing beginning signs of a nice fade, such as stems and sugar leaves changing color, and fan leaves fading out. Also, nitrogen in flower is actually counter-productive at a certain point. If you underfed during the stretch, and went N deficient, it's really hard to make that back up -- pretty much only certain strains and foliar feeding will be reactive enough. It's usually too little, too late.
I would get a mini microscope in the 50X-100X range, doesn't have to be science-grade. Inspect the trichs on the colas and lower growth to get an idea of where they're really at. It's the only real way, especially outdoors.

On a side note, I feel like for whatever reason, things are finishing sooner than expected outside. I was seeing pre-flowers in June, and was in full-flower by mid-July. Was expecting this strain to go to mid-October, but I doubt it will go past the first week. Not that I'm complaining!!
Everything is finishing a few weeks early here too. Interesting. wondering if that tells us something about the weather coming in the fall?

jp1164

jp1164

Hello Everyone,

Here's a couple of plants that I grew outdoors this summer, they are 4 weeks into flowering and its my first grow in 5 years! One is a white widow, the other I'm not sure, my seeds got mixed. Could be a Guerrilla Glue, Amnesia Lemon, or Pakistani Valley from Herbie Seeds. Any thoughts?

White Widow
White Widow Top
Unknown
Unknown Top
J.dub

J.dub

They were really yellowing preflower that’s stopped, a bunch of the big fan leaves internally where fading yellow when I cleaned them up should I stop part a on the sensi bloom? Less nitrogen?
I would just stop with the nutes altogether, clean up the yellowing fan leaves, and just ride it out until harvest. Like I said, get a microscope and harvest by the trichs, If those pics you posted were of what they looked like when you said there were "a bunch" of yellowing leaves, it actually didn't look that bad, just like a plant that needed some defol. It's normal for a plant to fade and drop lower hand leaves, even throughout veg.

I think a lot of people new to growing are way too panic-y. When you start piling up all these knee-jerk reactions, it usually leads to garbage in the end. You could literally take some quality beans and throw them out in a sunny field that receives a little bit of rainfall, leave them alone until October, and end up with better bud than the person who spends $1000 on equipment and nutes and babies the plant too much. Not criticizing, just saying -- less is more.

G

Glomus

Hello Everyone,

Here's a couple of plants that I grew outdoors this summer, they are 4 weeks into flowering and its my first grow in 5 years! One is a white widow, the other I'm not sure, my seeds got mixed. Could be a Guerrilla Glue, Amnesia Lemon, or Pakistani Valley from Herbie Seeds. Any thoughts?

I would just stop with the nutes altogether, clean up the yellowing fan leaves, and just ride it out until harvest. Like I said, get a microscope and harvest by the trichs, If those pics you posted were of what they looked like when you said there were "a bunch" of yellowing leaves, it actually didn't look that bad, just like a plant that needed some defol. It's normal for a plant to fade and drop lower hand leaves, even throughout veg.

I think a lot of people new to growing are way too panic-y. When you start piling up all these knee-jerk reactions, it usually leads to garbage in the end. You could literally take some quality beans and throw them out in a sunny field that receives a little bit of rainfall, leave them alone until October, and end up with better bud than the person who spends $1000 on equipment and nutes and babies the plant too much. Not criticizing, just saying -- less is more.
Yeah thats been my experience. I feel like people fuck shit up by adding too many nutrients and over watering, if your soil is rich they don't need much. Less is more, thats why they say the lazy pot farmers grow the best weed lol

I see all these people ready to diagnosis deficiencies which are usually wrong or a result of something else going on. I don't think Ive ever had to correct any deficiencies growing out doors in soil, I feel like thats maybe more hydro and soilless.

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

Yeah thats been my experience. I feel like people fuck shit up by adding too many nutrients and over watering, if your soil is rich they don't need much. Less is more, thats why they say the lazy pot farmers grow the best weed lol

I see all these people ready to diagnosis deficiencies which are usually wrong or a result of something else going on. I don't think Ive ever had to correct any deficiencies growing out doors in soil, I feel like thats maybe more hydro and soilless.
Well said. 110% agree👍👍😎

cpurola

cpurola

Found a couple of bonus flowers. Noticed Jack doesn't have trichs on the sugar leaves.

Fast Jack Herer
20220917 122314

Purple Punch
20220917 125832

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That Jack’s is a strange looking bud. I had some last year that didn’t develop trikes. I found that if I rolled A Tusker And smoked it and used a lot of imagination I almost caught a buzz. Threw it away! I hope you fare better!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
That Jack’s is a strange looking bud. I had some last year that didn’t develop trikes. I found that if I rolled A Tusker And smoked it and used a lot of imagination I almost caught a buzz. Threw it away! I hope you fare better!
That reminds me of the flowers they've found growing around Chernobyl.

strider26554

strider26554

man ,, I am dying with envy, I have been attempting to devise a way to move my girls if needed.. the problem I have is no level ground and nothing paved. I am limited with regard to container size to what I can lift, which isn't what it used to be.. what an awesome setup. if I could have containers that size it would save so much time.

strider26554

strider26554

I personally prefer not to on my outdoor plants. I read somewhere that pruning outdoor provides more easy access for pests
I dont prune my outdoor grows at all. I have a theory that the low laying larfy stuff is what the bugs get anyway. it keeps them off of the upper areas of the plant

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

20220916 164820
20220913 084525

Heres 2 of the 4 outdoor ladies, not so sure they're gonna make it to harvest. First and last year growing photoperiods outside in the north east. Every day im plucking mold, mildew, or big ass beatles off them and 3 of 4 didnt start flower until the first week of this month so im not holding out much hope.

cpurola

cpurola

View attachment 1283005View attachment 1283006
Heres 2 of the 4 outdoor ladies, not so sure they're gonna make it to harvest. First and last year growing photoperiods outside in the north east. Every day im plucking mold, mildew, or big ass beatles off them and 3 of 4 didnt start flower until the first week of this month so im not holding out much hope.
I sympathize and empathize with you. Here in Southeast Michigan I grow Autos for medicine and photos for fun. The Fast Jack Herer photos were looking good until this week. Now I'm seeing powdery mildew, bud rot, Septoria, and leaf wilt (fungus family). Not much fun anymore.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey ive seen this before...lolo
I've posted pictures through out my summer grow ... but you've only seen them here on THCFarmer. I haven't posted anywhere else all summer.

My camera is offline right now but I'll be posting an update picture over the weekend.

Top Bottom