Let's talk about bringing indoor plants out with excessive veg time.

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Cold tonight. You think i should water right now or wait till morning?

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

kinda, the milk crates are on a metal tray, the metal tray is on seedling heat mats. Besides that no other heat.
I ended up watering about a 1/4 gallon each plant. I felt like they were too dry to neglect.

marshman

marshman

What kinda dirt you going to run outside? Please tell me 5+ yards per plant!!!! I grow 5 pounders starting early and ill drop a few lil tips on ya. Bigger dirt is better, go big. REAL big 3yds per plant to start dont shy away from 600 800 or 1000 gal pots. Transplant timing for your final up pot is a big deal, getting the timing correct to be able to up pot into their final soil is a critical moment, time it wrong and your waiting for it to root into a 10gal pot when it should have been rooting into the final soils. Supplemental lighting for your babes? A must if you want to avoid shocking them into flower, how much light is needed? For three plants, one naked regular light blub will do the trick, you can also use patio lighting or solar lighting and it looks much less obvious that grow lights. You can also do a 1 hour lighting of them during the night to wake em up and keep them from flowering. Final lil piece of advice, get some cow fencing, the stuff with 5x5 or 6x6 boxes and make cages that are 3.5ft around by 6 ft tall, this foundation cage will really help hold the plant up when those buds swell up

IMG 0361 1
marshman

marshman

This works best for me. If your going to grow 5 lbs. each. 8' X 10' holes 2 ' deep Grow till Halloween with heat.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

whoah, thats hardcore looks pristine. I hope to have space for a real greenhouse one day.
I like the planting sideways idea. I have always wanted to to that with cherry trees over the water in my yard. These plants im training into a spiral and im not got going for the largest yield possible.I am fine sacrificing my yield for aesthetics. I will be hard trimming and manicuring these ladies hard until I see flowers.

steamroller

steamroller

@flowerdave
My portable green house arrived Friday and is exactly like yours I believe [12x7x7].

Hope you don't mind me borrowing your design idea . 🍻 💪
I'll get pics up when I am all set ..Had frost just a little North of me still !
Happy Mothers day all !

flowerdave

flowerdave

@flowerdave
My portable green house arrived Friday and is exactly like yours I believe [12x7x7].

Hope you don't mind me borrowing your design idea . 🍻 💪
I'll get pics up when I am all set ..Had frost just a little North of me still !
Happy Mothers day all !
Mine is 8 ft wide x 16 long.. It has a 2 ft isle, the beds are 2 ft high and 3 ft wide.The peak is about 10 ft tall. i was looking online for kits and they wanted thousands so i said i can do that. im not a carpenter that's for sure but it came together. mostly for veggies but i saved space for a couple Black Dominas that are under lights inside right now.

TSD

TSD

Mine is 8 ft wide x 16 long.. It has a 2 ft isle, the beds are 2 ft high and 3 ft wide.The peak is about 10 ft tall. i was looking online for kits and they wanted thousands so i said i can do that. im not a carpenter that's for sure but it came together. mostly for veggies but i saved space for a couple Black Dominas that are under lights inside right now.
What is the material you used for the frame?

flowerdave

flowerdave

What is the material you used for the frame
Frame is metal tubing with the end walls are 2x4 wood with poly carbonate sheeting. i wanted to beef up the structure. it was kinda flimsy How it all started was a friend gave me the frame that was sitting in her yard and we decided we wanted raised beds in there and i found a local guy with a mill and he had some white cedar so that is what the boxes are. we treated the wood with Raw Tung Oil which is ok for plants..The poly will come off in a month and there is insect under it that will be on all summer. Then new poly in September .

Latest posts

Top Bottom