Let's talk about bringing indoor plants out with excessive veg time.

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Mold is fuckin terrible around here. I cant have huge grenade nugs with out loosing a percentage. So lots of smaller colas has worked better for me in terms of loss. It's going to be more work than i can imagine at this point. I am not looking forward to it. Although i'm not counting my chickens either. I hope trimming is my biggest problem...

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

200 days
My oh my. What have we got our selves into!0
I have been throwing neam seed meal on the ground every week since they were planted. Just yesterday I Filled a 13 gallon tote with nutes (ph 6.4) and used a pump to water.
Over the week i also sprayed with spinosad and a few days later neam oil. The ladies got scrog nets, not the most aseptically pleasing but needed for stability.
Will update pics after work.

Day200
flowerdave

flowerdave

Looking great, but i think you will be using steel poles before you are done!! My 12 are sitting in the greenhouse in pots until the 12th then all get planted.

4917012F 7A8D 4FAF 9EA2 3CBB93F2517F
71C3E33F ED92 4B92 BC97 F349F50CB8ED

TSD

TSD

Mold is fuckin terrible around here. I cant have huge grenade nugs with out loosing a percentage. So lots of smaller colas has worked better for me in terms of loss. It's going to be more work than i can imagine at this point. I am not looking forward to it. Although i'm not counting my chickens either. I hope trimming is my biggest problem...
I had 11 last year, 5 were trees, about 7 feet, 5 were normal, one was tiny.... hubs and I were trimming for a month straight. The only reason we were even able to handle it is because I also battle mold every fall... I amputate the arm at first sign, then when it pops back up, she gets chopped, past experience has taught me it's not worth trying to keep up with the rot once it's there, better to chop a little prematurely than have random spots of mold. So it was helpful to have a couple premie plants to start trimming early. No way we could have done one harvest. I usually do a few different strains too so that way they usually finish at different times. I usually wet trim and wash and hang by arms, I got so backed up I tried to wash and hang a whole plant and then had to be gone 2 days, lost much of it to molding cause I was gone and my dehumidifier got full... luckily I had at least broken it in half and the less bushy half didn't mold. Wasn't even botrytis in they dry room, was some basic white mold. What a bummer, that ended up being my favorite strain too, Super Silver Haze, growing another this year. I guess my point is, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing lol.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

A fat stem, and a few arms that had to go.
They have been neemed a few times. They will get spinosad tonight. They still get a light that goes on at 3:30. The last night for that that will be Tuesday.

Day182
Bigtrim
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I took 10 soil readings and my average ph is 6.16 lower the closer you get to the original soil. I have been loading the bed with Cal mag and also hit em with Bloom Booster, Incredible Bulk 0.1-10-25 Vegan Organic Plant Food. Today i will probably buy them a bag of Biotone. I am starting to get some deficiencies so i need to get that fixed before flower. I will snap some pics soon.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Day 224 white russian, 194 Caesar
July 1st. Morning coffee shots. I must say, I thought the stems would be a bit more brolic by now.

J1
J2
J4
J3
flowerdave

flowerdave

Looking like thick foliage. Do you have good air movement there with them trees and screen? Hows the nutrition looking? That is a lot of days of growth. You should be commended for keeping that in line. One of my Jekyll passion grew 1 foot this week and is 5 foot tall now. Great to see yours is growing well

sambapati

sambapati

Looking like thick foliage. Do you have good air movement there with them trees and screen? Hows the nutrition looking? That is a lot of days of growth. You should be commended for keeping that in line. One of my Jekyll passion grew 1 foot this week and is 5 foot tall now. Great to see yours is growing well
Lòoking🦨🦨🦨🦨

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Since I am on the water the air there is basically a wind tunnel but i might get some small outdoor fans for the stale days. Air flow will be key to keep the mold at bay.
I should probably go for a decent defoliation when they transition.
Nutrient wise I am doing well but not at 100% heres a few fucked up leaves. They are few and far between but surely an indicator.

D1
D2
D3
D4
D5
flowerdave

flowerdave

Since I am on the water the air there is basically a wind tunnel but i might get some small outdoor fans for the stale days. Air flow will be key to keep the mold at bay.
I should probably go for a decent defoliation when they transition.
Nutrient wise I am doing well but not at 100% heres a few fucked up leaves. They are few and far between but surely an indicator.
With that massive of a plant i would think there would be a few funky leaves

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Are you trying to limit the sun exposure with the screens? Seems like you might be losing some intensity with those.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I have a meter ( not an app) I will check in the morning to see if there is a difference inside and out. The screen is there for a false sense of security... It was helpful for the acclimation stage.They do give a lil bit of cover from people passing by on boats. There is also asian long horn beetle in my area that are attracted to hops, grapes and cannabis. I have all 3 in my tiny yard so I just left em up. They are not ideal and they certainly throw off my feng shui.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on! I’ll wager there is a difference, especially in the morning and evening. But maybe it won’t be big enough to change. I just know I want to slam my plants with as much solar energy as I can give them. It’s pretty much what triggers the whole growth thing. Looking forward to see what you find out.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I am in a hot sunny area so I decided to put a few in Filtered sunlight underneath tree branches to see if they would fare better. Was not impressed. So I hoisted a 80 or 90 pound 30 gallon cloth pots up into a decoy hauler And move them out into the direct harsh sunlight and they are doing better. Just my experience with it.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Cant find my meter and its a rainy day anywayz.
I hear you ole chuck but I don't think this tent is the same as planting under a tree. Im pretty sure I already checked and too stoned to remember. Either way I do agree more free sun is more better.

Rd1
Rd2
Top Bottom