Let's talk about bringing indoor plants out with excessive veg time.

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Shit I hope so too.Since the start of this I have been fortunate enough to receive copious amounts of nutrient& amendment samples from different companies to try out. So besides the fox farms tri pack and some neem seed meal bought I wont have to pay for any further nutrients.

Any thoughts on spiraling the plants instead of topping? I have only done it with QP sized plants. I think the weight of a tree might be problematic on the contortions but would look pretty cool.

flowerdave

flowerdave

I have no experience with spiraling, sounds intriguing .I topped my monster twice at 1 month and again at 2 months only the tips. I only call mine a monster because it was the biggest I have ever grown. 6 inch diameter trunk and a 2lb dried and trimmed harvest.i think it was mostly the soil. I super cropped another of the same variety and only got a pound but it was in my regular vegetable garden soil

Dye

Dye

Good luck, outside east coast becoming harder and harder few plants sure but bulk outdoors east coast?
Any coast anywhere in the world. Weather sucks for growing.
Suns blocked by mysterious clouds most of the time, always grey and damp. The east coast grey dome.
When the sun is out it burns the leaves it’s so hot.The military industrial complex put a big hole in the ozone layer playing god.

Which you can still veg in, those flowers start fattening up you will be losing sleep.
I love outdoor weed nothing like it, elements are getting crazy always windy too. Besides pests.starving deer. And weather warfare.
Rather wake up with a cup of coffee walk into my indoor grow room listening to the wind and rain.
Less sun longer flower periods more chance of more dampness and bud rot.

I flower A couple every summer in a lean too type set up out of the rain. 5 gallon buckets.
Against the fence, hidden by my shed getting southern sun.
But I can lift them up and put in the shed for safety when heavy wind and rain comes and it will.
Be prepared for work like owning a boat.
Last summer I grew two had trouble getting them thru the shed door.
Hurricanes, nor’easter, mysterious spinning winds downpours
Sudden dropping temperature, weather which seems almost manipulated to be this bad.
Worldwide? But hey that’s just my head trip, it’s not really happening.

But man has conquered worse conditions.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

You can grow eight foot monsters and start those seeds anytime in the next three months, you could start in april and get 8ft!!!! Mendo dope boys(free on youtube watch it!!!!!) start later than you and grow 15foot 10lb monsters.. i start at the end of feb and grow 12ft tall and even wider outdoor monsters check my profile i got pics!! The plants your starting should be 15ft monsters done proper. Your really starting excessievally early, and to keep them in small pots and almost perpousley stunt them can set yourself up for issues. This is just my opinion but heres why i would advise aginst it, when your growing from seed you get a extreme vigor right after you get out of seedling stage and hit rapid growth. The whole key here is to chase that vigor, if you stunt them or whatever you lose that inital vigor and the plant slows down, more and more every time you damage it. Also regardless of vigor wich can come back, the more and more you stunt and shock it your incresing the chances of herm, and decresing your yeild. You can pratice extreme training to keep them short but i would transplant them NOW!!! Pop em into #5 nusery now and in a month put them onto a #15 or so pot. And for the love of god do NOT trim your root balls ever!!
I your plants look rather happy atm! But guranteed rootbound! Your fittin on growing some Jack the Beanstock plants man!!

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I hear all you are saying.You seem to be right about everything. There is a chance I abandon it all in April, for now i'm sticking with my plan.
I am going to transplant today or 2m into 3 gallon pots ( my soil is defrosting from the shed right meow) Also dealing with an oil burner crises.
I understand im growing too big for no reason also choosing to sacrificing yield at the same time. It's a backwards mad hatter tea party. I really hope im not stressing them into hermies. I have never heard of pot size causing hermies. People keep moms in 5 gallon buckets for years no?

Last edited:
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Sorry for the double post guys, I don't get why there is not an edit post after a half hour.
I would love to go into my 7 g now but only have two for the "keepers" as it is I only have 5 3g pots since I was only going to transplant the females. Not all of the un-knowns.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Moms and plants can survive in many conditions, cannabis can thrive with no soil or can be grown in flour. Whats possiable and whats ideal is different. Moms start to slow down and lose vigor after a few years are manily useless and generally to suck if put ouside after too long as a mom. But think about this, a plants above ground growth is merely a reflection of whats below, and is simply a sympotom of a much more complex and diverse system thats creating life below ground. A healthy plant has healthy roots and if not will struggle. Imagine if you wore the same sized clothing for a third of your life? I dont see too much stress beyond the tiny stunted size and the extreamly woody stems(i bet the roots are similar condition), i bet the pots are 90 percent roots and are definatly turning brown and dieing off, you may get bannanas as a result(thats what folks usally mean when they say herm) but the real impact will be on your yeild. If the root system is extreamly damaged(anerobic, woody, oxidizing and lacking bennies) the roots will have trouble expanding and growing out, making it harder for the plant to interact with the living soil food web, issues with nutritents and aspiration that ultimatly impact your plant health and then the flowers of said plant. Your plants if they have not sexed prolly will not till they are transplanted uless you flip them into flower, or 48 hour dark to force it. I like the pre flower due to happiness method best, changing lights and shocking them with dark are not my way. Bag o dirt and few more pots wont put ya back too far mate

The thing here mate is you have pleanty of time to start more!!!!!!! So dont get down, follow these plants thru and start some more as back up in a month or two and see what you think.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Healthy root system from vigorous vegetative seedling = better than Tree sized starter I get it.

I'll take pics tomorrow when i transplant. I have no fuckin heat right now so I cant even water. I Have used these pots the plants are in for years.I know the roots aren't too bad yet they aren't even reaching for the outside of the pots.

If i thought there was any chance for my roots to be anaerobic, woody, oxidizing or lacking in bennies I would fix the problem. I have a huge arsenal of nutrients myco life and soil conditioners.
I have been growing for over a decade.I'm not getting down, i'm sticking to my plan! If you see from my very first post I don't think I have any un realistic expectations.just a crazy plan.
If the plants are not in the exact condition I want them in, in April I will use different ones...

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

You got this!!
!! Stoked to be tapped into your grow show mate !!

flowerdave

flowerdave

Me too , looking forward to seeing this grow. I hope they keep rolling!! keep posting pics. sorry about your heat.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I totally misjudged the amount of soil needed to transplant em all. So I needed to cut my mix more then 50% with "soilless" mediums coir/verm/ perlite. I was trying to save this bag of worm cassings but will top dress everything with a few cups.
Check out the roots. Not completely root bound eh? The first one started to poke out the bottom.I didn't see any browning. Maybe not as feathery as I would like but. ya know..
I'll work on my photography and take a fe more pics while I do the rest.Every transplant gets a dose of great whit mycorrhizae.

The two winners are "5" white Siberian with pre flowers and "A" caesar un-known sex
Nov 19 white Russian germinated
Dec 19 Caesar germinated

B2
B3
1strepot
Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

those roots look great and you got some time before transplant to bigger, maybe a couple weeks.. great job on them roots!!!!

flowerdave

flowerdave

well your plants look great as of the last pics so you must be doing it right

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Everything seems to be going as planed. The biggest one #5 with pre flowers has already had 6-8 arms removed/rooted/ given away. Almost everything else has arms big enough to clone. Im gonna take real pictures 2m with real lighting ( non of that blurple crap)
check out this one plant that has had something seriously wrong since day one. ph is 6.4

Hell
Last edited:
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Im looking for a cold frame that fits ontop of my 8x4 plant cage. To protect from heavy rain in fall. It happens to be the one size that is not sold. I can do things like put four 47" X 24" next to each other or two 4x4.Both of those options are more then twice the cost im trying to pay. There are many close what i need like this 95" x 36" for only 40$. I would also be willing to pay for quality if I could find something perfect. The closest thing found is short the width looking for. 79x39. I might have to build it.

Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

I had one plant with no cover and one with cover, I saw no difference. Actually I think the one out in the open got better ventilation. We had very heavy rains here in Michigan all season long. I made the frame out of pvc pipe and used clamps to hold the poly to the pipes .For that one plant it was 10 ft x 10 ft wide x 10 ft high..

Top Bottom