Let's talk about bringing indoor plants out with excessive veg time.

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I never covered in the past but last year had a partially covered girl only when it rained. The buds protected looked twice as nice as the ones out in the elements.
I wont have to worry about it until September. Probably best for me to wait on it and build something custom to my canopy size.
I feel you tho, it might not be worth it.

How cool would something like this be for 700$ lol

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Making some moves with these plants . I would have thought I had rooted clones by now but I guess its my fault by keeping them small on purpose.( also cold night temps me thinks).
Although I already have rooted clones from the two most vigorous plants from seed. pic post 1 , 2 set 1-5 are 66 days old and a-e are 36.
I figures it's time for an update since today I took clones from everything except two C,D that will be culled.
1 will be flowered/ used as stud if male.
2 the only white Siberian I didn't like enough to repot + I thought it was a male but now it has female preflowers
3 will be flowered if female( back up stud if 1 is female)
4 will be flowered if female
5 piss poor photo quality but the winner for April( there will be plenty of more pics of her)

Plant1
Plant 2
Plant3
Plant3a
Plant4
Plant5a
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

A will either be knocked up by 1,3 or planted outside in April if E is male
B is the smallest of the acceptable plants will be flowered if female
C culled
D culled
E Winner for April

Just realized when uploading how bad these pics really are. sorry. I have a cheap POS
Chinese knock off android phone but i will work on the quality of the photos.

PlantA
PlantB
PlantCD
PlantE
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

A few notes.
Compared to outdoor plants these get moved around a lot I'm not liking the flex in the larger size fabric pots. After these 3 gallons i'm moving into milk crates with these smart pot milk crate liners.
Also realizing now that I will need to start my caging inside because they will be too wide by April. That could potentially make transplanting a lil trickier. Almost halfway at this point.

Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

A few notes.
Compared to outdoor plants these get moved around a lot I'm not liking the flex in the larger size fabric pots. After these 3 gallons i'm moving into milk crates with these smart pot milk crate liners.
Also realizing now that I will need to start my caging inside because they will be too wide by April. That could potentially make transplanting a lil trickier. Almost halfway at this point.
that will make them a lot easier to move around for sure. a long way till April. thanks for the update

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Yeah i'm still gonna get an entire harvest in before they go out lol
It's ridiculous... I know. The two winners will be going in a new tent in a week or two when the clones are sexed. They will get the same LED they are under and I will start peppers,eggplants and other random solanums for my garden in the tent with them. My HPS will go into the tent everything is in now to flower the remaining girls.

flowerdave

flowerdave

Careful with them veggies. My tomatoes last year spread some septoria.(leaf spot)) on to one of my plants outdoors

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

9 days since the official clones have been taken. No visible roots yet, any moment now. If i had warmth in the root zone, used axusins or "starved" the mother plants a lil bit they would probably have roots already.
I think ima gonna throw them under 12/12 today. I have never put clones under 12/12 with no roots but from what I read its works just the same.

I keep my cones in Filter patch bags and shoeboxes. Used for mycology they both allow for gas exchange and trap humidity.

Shoebox clones
Shboxhumidty
Filterbpatch humidty
Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

9 days since the official clones have been taken. No visible roots yet, any moment now. If i had warmth in the root zone, used axusins or "starved" the mother plants a lil bit they would probably have roots already.
I think ima gonna throw them under 12/12 today. I have never put clones under 12/12 with no roots but from what I read its works just the same.

I keep my cones in Filter patch bags and shoeboxes. Used for mycology they both allow for gas exchange and trap humidity.
When working in the greenhouse I would clone 3 million non cannabis plants a year and would never think about giving 12/12 lighting or starving the mother plants, Don't know where these ideas come from. I just use the same techniques for rooting cannabis.. Gas exchange is very important to get rooting going, How strong of light are you using on them? too strong of light can be very stressing them. Why no bottom heat? Heat mats are cheap.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I have read that starving a mother plant helps clones root quicker since they search for a way to feed themselves.? dun know if thats true but have read it many times over.

12/12 from cutting is supposed to have no ill effect. Im not cloning these for new plants just to see the sex. So there is no real reason to grow them out before switching.
Again I have read dozens of times that people put un rooted clones directly on 12/12 with no ill effects.
Where did those ideas come from? Reading dozens and dozens of post.

The light is the same shitty Blurble that they are vegging under just off to the side.
Why no heat mat? just didn't feel like plugging one in.

flowerdave

flowerdave

All good! I was taught in school plants don't like to root and flower at the same time. Maybe cannabis is an exceptiono

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I don't thinks it's preferred. I think it's more they root so easily that they will despite the light cycle. If keeping them it would be like going 12/12 from seed.
All the plants will be chilling in the big tent while I wait for clones to show sex/prep the small tent with the HPS/troubleshoot it. Soon this tent will be just to grow the two winning girls until April.

Somuchroomforactivities
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

😂 it is a pretty psychedelic spectrum in there for sure. I know blurples get a bad wrap, I dont mind for veg at all. Personally I wouldn't flower under a LED. I know in recent years they have gotten better but... Im go0od... no LED works like a 1000 watt HPS. This "2000 watt equivalent"blurple "(480 actual watts pulled from wall) sucks for flowering compared to a 400 watt HPS.
Anyway they do make it look gorgeous in person but me thinks it makes for shit picture quality.
Got this ready today after 8 hours the temps hasn't gone above 78.2 F with the probe 1 foot under the air cooled reflector. I just wanted to get it ready but ill sex the clones in there with a 60 watt CFL.

Troubleshoothps
High temp
Observationist

Observationist

😂 it is a pretty psychedelic spectrum in there for sure. I know blurples get a bad wrap, I dont mind for veg at all. Personally I wouldn't flower under a LED. I know in recent years they have gotten better but... Im go0od... no LED works like a 1000 watt HPS. This "2000 watt equivalent"blurple "(480 actual watts pulled from wall) sucks for flowering compared to a 400 watt HPS.
Anyway they do make it look gorgeous in person but me thinks it makes for shit picture quality.
Got this ready today after 8 hours the temps hasn't gone above 78.2 F with the probe 1 foot under the air cooled reflector. I just wanted to get it ready but ill sex the clones in there with a 60 watt CFL.
Yea those blurples never will

but a true 1000w commercial LED with the new samsung diodes, I bet will spank a 1000hps any day.

Last edited:
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

maybe..
maybe next fall Ill buy one. I was thinking about getting a new double ended HPS, but maybe.
Do you have one you suggest? Are they "1000" watt or 1000 at the wall?

Observationist

Observationist

maybe..
maybe next fall Ill buy one. I was thinking about getting a new double ended HPS, but maybe.
Do you have one you suggest? Are they "1000" watt or 1000 at the wall?
id love to do a side by side comparison, 2 tents, get all the variables the same/dialed in, use a 1000watt hps and maybe the new 1000watt spiderfarmer in the other.

buut, im looking for other options besides spiderfarmer

theres blackdog, fluence, scynce,chilled, and ROI, photontek, looking for true 1000watts and preferably lm301b/(or) H diodes.

some of these brands make 1000w fixtures.

im definitely an LED fanboy lol.

i believe in the tech, especially with the new LED improvements, in theory its supposed to be more efficient so you maybe use a 800w led and get the same results as a 1000w, while saving on power and heat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom