Let's talk about bringing indoor plants out with excessive veg time.

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Alright guys so I don't want to get ahead of myself here but I might have succeeded in the force flowering goal. It has been 13 days since they lost their artificial light and the natural light started to decrease. The stacking of the hairs and nodes has increased. It might just be a growth spurt and their maturity showing. In a few more days I will know for sure. Whether or not they do the dance (flower/veg/flower) is a differnt story. Fingers crossed these ladies start and stay budding for me. I will commission wifey to take some real shots later because my phone/ camera skills are not the best.

Stacking1
Stacking2
Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

that would be wonderful if they started now. being at our latitude that is a big plus

strider26554

strider26554

I am embarking on an elaborate grow that many would rightfully consider unnecessary since cannabis grows so quick from seed and so much can go wrong.

18 weeks of indoor veg followed by proper acclimation and eventually transplant outdoors on april 20ths with additional supplemental lighting.
I am a new poster but a grower of 15+ years in a state that has finally let me have 3 mature medical plants. So I want to take this opportunity to celebrate (maybe flex a lil bit) and show people what can be achieved with a a single plant.

Today my first seeds have germinated 18 weeks and 5 days from 4/20. I will use this thread to organize my thoughts and document the processes. Hopefully gain some much needed insight from skilled growers.

The first thing considered living so close to my neighbors is that their outside lights cause most feminized seeds I have run to hermie. I am going to keep this grow old school and start regular seeds.Its important in a northern climate to get a good hybrid. Pure indicas mold up by the end of September and sativas aren't finished until there is a chance of a snow storm destroying them or if they finish at all.
One of my favorite strains still available in regular form is White Russian (white widow X ak-47) Its sativa dominate but has enough indica in her to finish on time and produce medium to golf ball-sized fluffy buds that are mold resistant and from what I remember is fuckin delicious with an overall sandalwood tone.
Not exactly a loud terpene bomb like cookies, gelato or runtz but righteous in its own way.

At my latitude on April 20ths there is only 13.32 hours of sunlight with daylight from 6:09-7:41
IF I want the plants to have at least 17 hours of light an additional 3.5-4 hours of supplemental light is needed. I will have lights come on at 3AM to keep them in veg.
In a crowded suburb its necessary to keep the light exposer to a minimum that's why I think it's better to put the light on in the early instead AM

Right now the seedlings are on a timer from 3:00 AM to 7:45 PM. In 4-6 weeks I will root clones and put them under 12/12 in a separate tent to determine who will be culled, who will be transplanted/flowered and who will transplant and veg until April.
Would love to hear from anyone who has done this.Please criticize my plan so I can figure out if there is anything i haven't thought of.
Im going to chime in here, just because i grow a similiar grow every year, what i do is keep the plants indoor, through most of veg, during flip and stretch i move them out during the day then in at night, tht way i can assure that i dont end up with hermies, and the damn bugs are so bad around here near dusk that if i didnt bring them in they would soon be reduced to small piles of insect droppings. that is the only difference i see between my grow and yours , i never actually leave them out all night until they are in full out flower and then they are actually under a canopy with netting. that being said i grow an old school indica dominant strain and i do have battles with mold and budworms, but i can usually win most of those battles. The one thing that isnt discussed on this site very often and im assuming its because most growers dont hassle with doing what i do but the timing of your grows can be critical, if i put vegging plants oiutside that are accustomed to 24 light scedule they are going to filp as soon as i move them outside, and if it is before the summer solstice they will herm out after going into flower , not sure if that is a strain soecific trait or if their biological clocks are that good. so i veg totally inside until the days start getting shorter june 20th around my little peice of heavan, then i am safe to put them outside completely without having to worry about them herming out. I only bring them back inside at night for the bug and deer issue. Another issue that i encounter that is rarely discussed is the acclimation period, it is critical to acclimate your plants to real sunlight very carefully, it is VERY easy to scald them which zaps the new growth the hardest and can set you back a month if your not careful..With all that being said the easiest thing for me to do is haul the plants in and out, even the mold and budworm issues are reigned in by doing this, im not sure how practical it is for you to bring your babies in for the night but for me it would be impossible to grow this strain if i didnt. i also grow in seven gallon cat litter buckets that have been drilled with one inch holes all over the surface of the bucket except for the area around the top, they resemble swiss cheese when im done , then i line the buckets with grow bags and in the area where i keep them outside i dig holes into which the buckets are placed when the plant is outside, it helps keep the roots cool during the heat and also seems to keep the plants more stable in the wind, the excessive heat we have been experiencing lately has chnged the way i grow alittle bit, i use a finer netting to cover the flowering plants with and i have incorporated the holes as a standard. one of the other considerations thast I take into account is trying to utilize the free sunlight as opposed to using electric to light mygrows. it wouldnt take much light to keep them from herming, and i would think you would want to have the light on the dayside of the cycle ( in the evening) to be safe, the plants i grow seem to be very in tune with the light dark cycle of the outside regardless of whether or not im growing them inside or not, maybe someone with more experience with the difference between the actual strains and sensitivity to ligh cycles may offer more help but this is what i do, and i grow some very nice stuff, it is more on the indica end as far as the effects,and i have the luxury of letting it go until it reaches the point that it is very good for pain and anxiety, couchlocky, but also very decent head high. sorry if this doesnt help you and happy if it does, but either way you will figure it out with the help on here, this site has saved me many a time. good luck and keep us posted.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I am experiencing heavy cal meg deficiency. I have already given these ladies 3x the amount recommended for a 10'x10' tomato bed. I need to hand water more often with phd nutrient water. I really think that that the White russian is flowering. Doesn't seem like Caesar is far behind.

I1
I2
I3
I4
I5
Official
Mattyice

Mattyice

I am embarking on an elaborate grow that many would rightfully consider unnecessary since cannabis grows so quick from seed and so much can go wrong.

18 weeks of indoor veg followed by proper acclimation and eventually transplant outdoors on april 20ths with additional supplemental lighting.
I am a new poster but a grower of 15+ years in a state that has finally let me have 3 mature medical plants. So I want to take this opportunity to celebrate (maybe flex a lil bit) and show people what can be achieved with a a single plant.

Today my first seeds have germinated 18 weeks and 5 days from 4/20. I will use this thread to organize my thoughts and document the processes. Hopefully gain some much needed insight from skilled growers.

The first thing considered living so close to my neighbors is that their outside lights cause most feminized seeds I have run to hermie. I am going to keep this grow old school and start regular seeds.Its important in a northern climate to get a good hybrid. Pure indicas mold up by the end of September and sativas aren't finished until there is a chance of a snow storm destroying them or if they finish at all.
One of my favorite strains still available in regular form is White Russian (white widow X ak-47) Its sativa dominate but has enough indica in her to finish on time and produce medium to golf ball-sized fluffy buds that are mold resistant and from what I remember is fuckin delicious with an overall sandalwood tone.
Not exactly a loud terpene bomb like cookies, gelato or runtz but righteous in its own way.

At my latitude on April 20ths there is only 13.32 hours of sunlight with daylight from 6:09-7:41
IF I want the plants to have at least 17 hours of light an additional 3.5-4 hours of supplemental light is needed. I will have lights come on at 3AM to keep them in veg.
In a crowded suburb its necessary to keep the light exposer to a minimum that's why I think it's better to put the light on in the early instead AM

Right now the seedlings are on a timer from 3:00 AM to 7:45 PM. In 4-6 weeks I will root clones and put them under 12/12 in a separate tent to determine who will be culled, who will be transplanted/flowered and who will transplant and veg until April.
Would love to hear from anyone who has done this.Please criticize my plan so I can figure out if there is anything i haven't thought of.
Hello fellow farmer, I have also started some nice strains outdoors from seeds this year. Blue ridge mountains are a awesome place to farm. So far so good with mine. All hybrids from cali. God’s gift, root beer runtz, blackberry kush, gilato 2.0, GG4, and Easton cut biscotti. I did get a late start but I’ll catch up 👍

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Seems pretty early to be flowering. Maybe you will get a month-long pre-flower. I don’t know. Did you ever measure the light loss through the screens? Maybe they are light depriving the plants.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

You seem to be correct chuck, I didnt think there was much of a difference under that tent but it certainly is absorbing a bit of light.
i will have to weigh my options.
The amount of light pollution coming from my neighbors at night is insane. I can make shadow puppets at all hours. My original thought was that this tent would filter the artificial light from hundreds of feet away more than than my actual sunlight being filtered.

In1
Inout
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hey rabbit! Maybe that is a sign that Your plants have been out a little too long. When potato bugs are making a home in the stalk. Or is that a cicada hatching out of it? Lol! Keep fighting the good fight! You too Dave, looking good!

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Im not sure why the stems on Caesar seem to be ripping apart. Maybe I gave them too much flowertone or water. Maybe it was just inevitable with the age. The white russian has no rips and a smaller trunk.
The tent was cut(today) on day 241. I could have raised the tent but this way I increased airflow and lumens.

flowerdave

flowerdave

Im not sure why the stems on Caesar seem to be ripping apart. Maybe I gave them too much flowertone or water. Maybe it was just inevitable with the age. The white russian has no rips and a smaller trunk.
The tent was cut(today) on day 241. I could have raised the tent but this way I increased airflow and lumens.
i ended up duct taping last year when branches started tearing, Got to do what you got to do to see it finish.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Day 242/10(flower?) Caesar day 212
Out for a morning toke with the rising sun when it dawned on me that you were talking about the wood cutter bee. My trunks arn't that thick!
Morning shots. This is the first time ever the girls are waking up without a roof of some kind over their head.

W1
W2
W3
W4
W5
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Over the last 50 days or so they have been sprayed five times. Neem, Spinosad, Neem, Spinosad. Last night while looking for my neem I found a sample of Purecrop1 (Insecticide - Fungicide - Biostimulant - Surfactant). Sounds like magic in a bottle if you read their site- Horticulture oil in a fancy new craft beer bottle. Anyway I used it. I'll let you all know if my bio is stimulated. I used a little bit back in the winter to make sure it didn't burn the plants. Its gonna be 90F here today so not the best time for spraying anything. I have already seen powdery mildew in other parts of my yard so i would rather treat the plants.
Anyone spend the extra money for purecrop1 ?

flowerdave

flowerdave

Over the last 50 days or so they have been sprayed five times. Neem, Spinosad, Neem, Spinosad. Last night while looking for my neem I found a sample of Purecrop1 (Insecticide - Fungicide - Biostimulant - Surfactant). Sounds like magic in a bottle if you read their site- Horticulture oil in a fancy new craft beer bottle. Anyway I used it. I'll let you all know if my bio is stimulated. I used a little bit back in the winter to make sure it didn't burn the plants. Its gonna be 90F here today so not the best time for spraying anything. I have already seen powdery mildew in other parts of my yard so i would rather treat the plants.
Anyone spend the extra money for purecrop1 ?
I bought a biofungicide called regalia for powdery mildew and botrytis. It had good review plus I can put it on my fruit trees and grape and vegetables. I will know if it works good if the cucumbers don't get powdery mildew. They always get it

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Hello all, In a holding pattern ATM with the girls. I believe both are flowering now. My Chinese "blackview" phone takes pretty garbage photos. I will commission babe to take some shots. I'm pretty confident to call this week two for the white russian and week the for caesar. I have two more 4" scrog nets for support at the top of the cage. I didnt put them on because I thought it would limit my airflow. Think they should be out on for the extra support?

F1
F2
F3c
F4
Last edited:
flowerdave

flowerdave

Looking Great there you Psilly Rabbit. If you wait for the scrog is it going to be too late for it? I don't do scrog exactly. i weave rope throughout when its time. Im more of a rope -duct tape kinda guy. so far all 11 of mine have been passed over by the deer population. my largest is now100 inches. most of the others are between 4 and 6 ft. They are 75 days and the gg4 are starting to put out white hairs at the tops. here's a couple pics. Jekyll passion are the big ones

Jekyll passion 100 in
Jekylll passion
Gg4

Last edited:
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

looking great! Are you pre flowering yet or transitioning? One day I will have a field. It's hard to give up the water but it's too crowded here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom