Let's Talk About the Calcium/Potassium See-Saw

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

No. Not really.
Care to elaborate? Are you saying to mix maxi bloom, and cal-nit?
FYI my first post in this thread wasn't in response to these comments you made before me. If you're asking me something real you'll have to be more specific. I wasn't following your conversation

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm in on this thread, excellent read.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
~125 N, 40 P, 175 K, 150 Ca, 50 Mg, 60 S, 2.8 Fe and micros. A lot of this is moot when you use a high quality fulvic with chelated and complexed micros and your pH is in check.
What do you mean by moot?
Because of the carboxyl groups?
Or possibly the conjugate bases that are present in the fractions? Are there sufficient calcium components in fluvic fractions to sufficiently drive calcium needs?

Last edited:
Skybound

Skybound

Calcium easily bonds with free anions such as P or S, so to have the best chance of preventing your Ca from precipitating, mix your CalNite in dead last. It's best practice to add silica first, than acidic solutions next (anything with P in it), than the micros and the calcium products last. I grow strictly hybrids to keep the finishing times short, but the Sativa crowd tells me that Sativas don't like rich N content like Indicas and hybrids do, so wanting to lower the N would be a good thing from Sativa dominant strains.

I want to reiterate that info given on the label's Guaranteed Analysis has been proven to be intentionally skewed, so if you input those numbers into your nutrient calculators, you'll also get skewed results which will make your augmentations a total shot in the dark. This is why I strongly suggest growers buy their own salts and make everything from the ground up. There's no other way you can be certain what elemental ppm you're giving your plants.

Potassium silicate is the only ingredient in ProTekt or Armor Si. You can buy a pound of it for less than $20 and make much more than if your were to buy ProTekt or another similar product.

SeymourGreen

SeymourGreen

Hey everyone. I’m having N toxicity showing on my Sativa dominant plants. I dropped the N on my mix, but now my K is 151.25, Ca is 111.25, and Mg is 59.75. Think those numbers will work with our causing any issues? Appreciate the feedback.

SeymourGreen

SeymourGreen

Assuming everything else is in check, why not? What caused the N toxicity?
I’ve been running 122 ppm of N, and my Sativa doms are displaying Slight N toxicity. Dark green leaves, and tips are doing the eagle claw. The males Sativas are having no issues with the N that high (which isn’t really that high), but the girls are not happy.

Top Bottom