lets talk overgrow.com

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

There was a whole line of cats working the kushes before Swerve/OGR....and of all those names, only Organkid had any impact on OG that I remember. (a HUGE impact)

What I remember is that those Organkid Oger's/Bubba/Banana "Kush" S-1 seeds were VERY scarce and went immediately the few times they were available at HS.

After those drops....my memory says late 2004 or so....it took a good 6 months before folks like ghost and katsu started sharing pics on OG and stirring up a buzz about something "new"...and it was close to the end of the OG/HS dynasty in 2006 that anyone else even got a cut from those drops/cats...and then you had to know one of those cats or be REAL close in the circle to get one yourself. FWIW.....I don't remember those other 3 names being mentioned in tandem with "kush" until much, much later. However, after OG went down...folks were splintered all over the Net...so missing someone's involvement wasn't too hard @ the time....which was right when the masses got a hold of "kush".

I do remember that it was well into 2007 when "Tech"....or "Technology Kush" was created/worked....because the "Tech" (Technology) in the name was a nod to the creator's alma mater...Virginia Tech.....and was inspired by the shootings there in 2007. From there, I dropped out of the circle and lost track who/where had involvement in taking it farther until I came the the Farm in mid 2009...which was when I started hearing those other names.

I'm sure TK has a take on it all should he care to share...but that's what I remember about it.

I'm reading this hearing it like a perfume ad. . . . "Inspired by the shootings at Virginia Tech. . . A sublime smoking experience. . . Give yourself to, the Tech" LOL A strain inspired by mass murder what is up with that?

genepool

genepool

Thanks for starting this thread tatoojim, it's always very nice to think back to those days. I wasn't on there a ton of time but I made it count. learned lessons that I try to use today. it's priceless hearing ppl who are in the know break down things. It really helps make sense of the mess that the feds left behind.

I was just trying to understand the plant better when i found OG at the time as I was young and clueless and boy did I ever understand things. There was every kind of grow method u could imagine and beyond. Pics of future lighting methods to the most amazing hydroponic grows, to the closet and stealth micro grows. Man when I found that site it was a real lot to take in haha... I stayed up many late nights during my summer vacations in HS and I'm very thankful I did. But I lost internet access and when I got it back it was gone and there I was with no clue what had happened, I was truly gutted when I found out it was gone what happened..

This talk really helps fill in blanks and I appreciate all who have already and will add to the discussion, cheers!

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Bubba is not a clone only ! I still have some seed I gave orgnkid and greens. I still have some of the original un cracked OG Kush as well.
Yes, please fill us in! Me and Greens talked quit a bit before shit went down and never mentioned this at all. I thought I knew him quite well (although, I know you knew him better since yall actually lived together) and if he knew he had the original Bubba Kush beans, Im sure he would have shouted it from the hill tops.. Im not saying your lying.I dont think you are. I actually think you are one of the few stand up trust worthy breeders out there. Your statement is just very surprising to me

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Never let on to Greens that I was a breeder, just a seed hoe. Never told him the bubba I gave him was original stuff. I was having to much fn collecting almost everything in his stable for rents owed me.lol! He knew I gave some to origkid and that origkid came out with s1bubba so he must have thought what I gave him was also s1 s. I never lie but sometimes I don t tell everything right out.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Never let on to Greens that I was a breeder, just a seed hoe. Never told him the bubba I gave him was original stuff. I was having to much fn collecting almost everything in his stable for rents owed me.lol! He knew I gave some to origkid and that origkid came out with s1bubba so he must have thought what I gave him was also s1 s. I never lie but sometimes I don t tell everything right out.

Ah, makes sense now. So..the real question is. Where did the Bubba and OG come from? Lineage?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I put it there when no one was looking. Don't tell logic.

Don't hold out on us, brother!

outwest
not! I asked if I could vend some hubba here at the farm. It was. Some older seed
That had a slights lower germ rate but was still good. I was told that they would only sell fresh seed. Haven t made any fresh bubba yet but am working on reseeding a bunch of other strains and crosses to send in by Spring 2013.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I put my 2cents in on a thread at the cabana only to get shot down. Don t want to go there again. Swerve did almost gess exactly what the make up of O G kush is though in the same thread.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Damn MC.. The secrets are all coming out now.

Good stuff keep it comin'!

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
not! I asked if I could vend some hubba here at the farm. It was. Some older seed
That had a slights lower germ rate but was still good. I was told that they would only sell fresh seed. Haven t made any fresh bubba yet but am working on reseeding a bunch of other strains and crosses to send in by Spring 2013.
Shit, send it my way. Ill pop it!

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually, now that I think about it. No need to say the lineage etc. All that will happen is a bunch of haters will sling a bunch of shit, disrespect ya, and call ya a liar.. Im happy not knowing it..

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I kind of respect logic for the desission not to sell older seed.
I did a germ test and was getting 6-7 out of 10 but was going to make 20 packs to make up for the lower herm rate. Anyway I. Would rather sell only fresj seed anyway because some people may hold on to ot to it awhile before growing it. It s even older now. I ll make some fresh hubba seed when I get more time.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I kind of respect logic for the desission not to sell older seed.
I did a germ test and was getting 6-7 out of 10 but was going to make 20 packs to make up for the lower herm rate. Anyway I. Would rather sell only fresj seed anyway because some people may hold on to ot to it awhile before growing it. It s even older now. I ll make some fresh hubba seed when I get more time.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam I need to fix or replace my putter. For a smart phone this thing sure is stupid! Never wants to print what I type on it!

Top Bottom