Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flush and re Water?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Markiemark10

How far is your 400w mh?
What is the pH level u usually use?
Any of the leaves turning black and drying out?
More pics. What is causing the plants to twist. New growth is yellow twisted and deformed???? What is going on can anybody help. I was growing in dwc iws pots before this soil run and I had the same problem that time. I thought it was due to lack of experience in hydro so I ripped down plants and started aging with soil and I'm having the same problem with twisted deformed growth. Plz help

img_1713-jpg.665414

img_1696-jpg.665416

img_1699-jpg.665418

img_1713-jpg.665419

img_1714-jpg.665421

+ QuoteReply

Ph 5.8.6.5 in veg no, black watched and looked like nit burn. Pull the 400 back? To how many inches? Do 9-12 started up higher thought
My 400w is about 20 inches away with no signs of light burn. (Air cooled fixture) and I'm in week3 of veg.
6.5 pH is perfect try not to go lower or higher than that and ur plant will receive everything she needs. Try to get one of those temperature guns so u can find that sweet spot. The leaves on top of your plant (closer to the light) should be around 78F.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

A 60x - 100x 'scope will be needed if that is a broad mite infestation.
They are all but invisible and make no webs but the new growth twists and yellows.
Can't hurt to look, yah?

More pics. What is causing the plants to twist. New growth is yellow twisted and deformed???? What is going on can anybody help. I was growing in dwc iws pots before this soil run and I had the same problem that time. I thought it was due to lack of experience in hydro so I ripped down plants and started aging with soil and I'm having the same problem with twisted deformed growth. Plz help

img_1713-jpg.665414

img_1696-jpg.665416

img_1699-jpg.665418

img_1713-jpg.665419

img_1714-jpg.665421

+ QuoteReply
They all look fine. They'll look normal by the time they grow bigger. Just let it do its thing and don't worry about it too much. TO ME the plants look great. Try to tie the main top to the side of your pot so all those bottom leaves will get some light and they will look fine.

M

Markiemark10

They are all but invisible and make no webs but the new growth twists and yellows.
Can't hurt to look, yah?
I did think that myself after investing, the only thing which caused me to think it's not a broad mite infestation is the fact that all leaves on all 3 plants are Matt and not shiny like pics I've seen of broad mite damage. My plants may look shiny in the pics but it's just my humidifier. Like you said though, no harm in checking so I'll be ordering myself a 100x + scope now. Thanks for the help.

M

Markiemark10

They all look fine. They'll look normal by the time they grow bigger. Just let it do its thing and don't worry about it too much. TO ME the plants look great. Try to tie the main top to the side of your pot so all those bottom leaves will get some light and they will look fine.
Thanks I'll defo look into tieing down main tops. Been looking on vids of how to do it without hurting my babies.
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

M

Markiemark10

Thanks I'll defo look into tieing down main tops. Been looking on vids of how to do it without hurting my babies.

Np. Try to top the plant as well. It's gonna slow down the growth and it will focus to grow the bottom leaves AND u will get more tops by doing that

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil

img_1713-jpg.665414

img_1696-jpg.665416

img_1699-jpg.665418

img_1713-jpg.665419

img_1714-jpg.665421

+ QuoteReply
Looks fine to me, new growth is usually lighter color, wait till they grow out.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Can't hurt to look, yah?
Sounds like a heart attack and a horror show

xenon730

xenon730

That's not light bleaching.
Looks like tight shoes to me.
I'd up pot them to larger containers ASAP
Won't hurt and will probably help.
being in too small of a pot isn't a real thing and it certainly wouldn't cause damage like that. I finish plants in half filled solocups sitting in a tray with a thin layer of water in the bottom and they never show any health problems or disfiguration or discoloration. a plant just grows smaller in a smaller pot, "tight shoes" isn't a real problem.

your plants are firstly overfed and overwatered. thats what's causing the majority of those problems. that ultra bright yellow is iron or sulfur IF it's a deficiency at all. see the dimpling from the thickness of your leaves? that means they're full of nutes and water. the slight hardness on the end is likely from too high of feed. crusty parts on the little blade parts on the sides of the leaves are too high of feed. those plants are mega overwatered or in mega high humidity. you need to let them dry out, feed no nutes for at least 2 feeds, and not spray them with anything and then come put up more pics once they stop that soaked drooping. be careful with crazy sounding advice. 90% of the time first grow means overwater, overfed, overbabied. some of the advice you've gotten was nuts and prolific. not everyone here knows what's up regardless of post count. the ed rosenthal grow book mentions how to read leaves for feed and most other questions you'll have but it's really lacking in feeding by ppm/ec and nutrients out there so buy that with that in mind.

EDIT: the yellow tips means over nuted. the black leaves mean too much nitrogen, shoot for deep green although most of the plants nitrogen(80%) is taken up in the first half of life and it honestly doesn't really effect end harvest as long as you don't burn. you'll see plenty of pros with BLACK leaves from as soon as the plants mature enough to throw them. some is genetics also, so be realistic. you can pm me and take my email so i can answer you faster if you want but im confident i can turn those around for you with little work. they have a lot of health in them still. also, upturned or crusty leaf edges = overfeeding, the dry ends of the leaves and the hard curl is from overwater or soil holding too much moisture(although ive watered plants in soil that needed once a week and they didnt droop in a fabric pot)or major humidity. these need to dry out the most. yellow twisted deformation comes from overwatering, wrong ph, or a fan really close can cause that also(usually with browning/yellowing between the veins of fan leaves near it). please don't do any more crazy suggestions, they are not right or even close.

Last edited:
StarsBuds

StarsBuds

My 400w is about 20 inches away with no signs of light burn. (Air cooled fixture) and I'm in week3 of veg.
6.5 pH is perfect try not to go lower or higher than that and ur plant will receive everything she needs. Try to get one of those temperature guns so u can find that sweet spot. The leaves on top of your plant (closer to the light) should be around 78F.

Hi awesome, today they look great it was a nut burn, and I have been building and installing the new flower tent, I'm totally excited, can't wait. Thank you for the responds and kindness,

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

being in too small of a pot isn't a real thing and it certainly wouldn't cause damage like that. I finish plants in half filled solocups sitting in a tray with a thin layer of water in the bottom and they never show any health problems or disfiguration or discoloration. a plant just grows smaller in a smaller pot, "tight shoes" isn't a real problem.

your plants are firstly overfed and overwatered. thats what's causing the majority of those problems. that ultra bright yellow is iron or sulfur IF it's a deficiency at all. see the dimpling from the thickness of your leaves? that means they're full of nutes and water. the slight hardness on the end is likely from too high of feed. crusty parts on the little blade parts on the sides of the leaves are too high of feed. those plants are mega overwatered or in mega high humidity. you need to let them dry out, feed no nutes for at least 2 feeds, and not spray them with anything and then come put up more pics once they stop that soaked drooping. be careful with crazy sounding advice. 90% of the time first grow means overwater, overfed, overbabied. some of the advice you've gotten was nuts and prolific. not everyone here knows what's up regardless of post count. the ed rosenthal grow book mentions how to read leaves for feed and most other questions you'll have but it's really lacking in feeding by ppm/ec and nutrients out there so buy that with that in mind.

EDIT: the yellow tips means over nuted. the black leaves mean too much nitrogen, shoot for deep green although most of the plants nitrogen(80%) is taken up in the first half of life and it honestly doesn't really effect end harvest as long as you don't burn. you'll see plenty of pros with BLACK leaves from as soon as the plants mature enough to throw them. some is genetics also, so be realistic. you can pm me and take my email so i can answer you faster if you want but im confident i can turn those around for you with little work. they have a lot of health in them still. also, upturned or crusty leaf edges = overfeeding, the dry ends of the leaves and the hard curl is from overwater or soil holding too much moisture(although ive watered plants in soil that needed once a week and they didnt droop in a fabric pot)or major humidity. these need to dry out the most. yellow twisted deformation comes from overwatering, wrong ph, or a fan really close can cause that also(usually with browning/yellowing between the veins of fan leaves near it). please don't do any more crazy suggestions, they are not right or even close.
Hi
I really appreciate you answer me and talking to me. I wanted to take two deep breaths and not panic, I'm new but I thought ok girl you're not dumb, read these babies like you do patients in the ER.
It's was a nut burn, and over watering, I've been installing my new gorilla tent and doing work on my veg room, so letting the, dry out.
No nuts straight water, they look so much better. I tore my veg room apart today added equipment so I did a cleaning of everything. Got my 400 all set for veg babaies look good. Tomorrow I will tackle the flower tent and post more pics.
I'd like to be able to email, or text faster, my email is [email protected] where. You located I'm in Paso Robles California,.u rock and I'm so grateful, you spoke answered my post.eager to get rolling. Seeds on their way. Thank you so much feel free to email or text me..

Huggg StarsBuds

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Hi Everyone;
I'm super stocked you all truly cared enough to answer a girl.‍♀️I've been figure things out with the help of all your suggestions and comments. I believe what ive done was 1. Overwatered, 2.gave Nutes to early, & caused a nut burn. The plants were badly rooted at the point I did the above. My ph in my log after I went back and reviewed was andnis running b/w 5.8 6.0 I let it creep up slightly in 2-3!days then bring it back down.
My temps are running 73, humidity 40% the 2.5-3 clones are under a T-5 and the older larger clones are under my MH 400 at 9-12 inches
I know I'm new and I bet most newbies do this very thing. I'm guilty of living the gals about to much. So with all the great advice and help,they have improved greatly. Hope u can see them alright. Light went out during m replying to this so didn't get a pic of the clones under the T-5
Thank you everyone for taking the time out your busy schedule to help a girl out. I'm so grateful

Happy growing many hugsssss
StarsBuds

IMG 2831
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I just use a medication measuring cup or syringe and never give more than 7.5ml/gal of base nutes and 5 ml/gal additives and rarely have deficiencies and never get nute burn. When I give full strength I am adding 7.5ml gh micro 7.5 ml Gh bloom or grow and 5ml of calmag or bloom boost additives per gallon but I start with a lighter dose when the plants are smaller

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Hi Dr-!!
That's so funny your screen name here, I'm a ER nurse. Conscidience? Maybe..what notes do you use? I thought I'd let these girls come back 100% giving straight ph'd h2o I transplanted them into 3 gal pots, and I will use the front I have and their feeding chart and go 1/2 strengthen the first feeding and watch th m and increase from there. What do you think?
Thanks for the responds doll

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you don't feed them they won't come back, a good flush, watering enough so that as much water as you used pours out the bottom of the pot will do, then start feeding them half or even 1/4 strength after they dry out to start.

Top Bottom