Lights

• Thread starter Bigredauto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
OP you need to do what you need to do on a budget. I think everyone agrees you can only spend what you have. The qb that @jaguarlax linked are the best budget option available imo. If that's to much then you need to do what you need to do and go for the most watts from the wall you can get for the money. Some have done decent with a crap ton of CFLs and sockets. Just understand and I think you do that your yields WILL be lower. If LED plan for 30 true watts per sq.ft. and grow accordingly. You may only get one plant worth of light and that's ok. But better 1 quality plant than more plants with garbage buds.

@op Think of it this way dude. You can save money in some other places. You dont HAVE to pump your plant with nutes. But the plant HAS to have light to thrive. Its the one cardinal parameter that trumps all others. You can have the best seeds, tent, environment, and nutes, but no light = no photosynthesis. Light is not the place to cut corners. When people come here and ask whats wrong with the plant, half the time its overwatering and the other half they simply do not have enough light.

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

FYI IF I manage to shoot a full sac fu' I'd go for a Black dog the big fudger(Goliath?!), sadly not available in UK AND I don't have the 1500+-its likely to cost by time I get it.
Or a kingbrite qb with the UV/IR n FR but even 350 is too much I grow because of cost, so upgrade is unlikely: my pension don't stretch.
I don't have that kind of budget at moment or trust me I go top of line

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

I'm doing one plant in a 2×2.5' closet grow so don't need much but want the best I can afford and get good buds . Any suggestions for around the 80.00 Mark or I'll just save up
OP you need to do what you need to do on a budget. I think everyone agrees you can only spend what you have. The qb that @jaguarlax linked are the best budget option available imo. If that's to much then you need to do what you need to do and go for the most watts from the wall you can get for the money. Some have done decent with a crap ton of CFLs and sockets. Just understand and I think you do that your yields WILL be lower. If LED plan for 30 true watts per sq.ft. and grow accordingly. You may only get one plant worth of light and that's ok. But better 1 quality plant than more plants with garbage buds.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well I should be clear... I can't recommend one in your budget range but anything over 100w will get you buy in that space. 120-130w being ideal for led

R

redshift75

it's absolutely impossible to say you can compete with that.
when did i say i was competing with the best light for that option? i was implying that having the best doesnt mean you will grow the best. Never once did i say blurple are better. the implication that one cant make it with value options is completely false. Simply having the best equipment makes one a better grower was the argument I was after. The answer to every solution cant simply be you arent buying the best. That doesnt get anyone answers though. If we dismissed every value option simply because its not the best. where would anyone really be?

All I can say Is I started with just blurples and eventually upgraded to mars hydro then quantum boards. The black boxes are so underpowered I use 3 of them just for supplemental...along side of 4 qbs....if they had the ability to out grow quantum boards, or mars hydro sp150s for that matter, I would have them in their own tent. Its cool to want to save money, but its not cool to put bad info out there because you want to justify it.
when did i put out info? I simply compared one person using quantums to my own. When i factor in the ROI for my needs and setup id never get it in my setup at the current entry level price point to make the switch worth wild. There is enough tested models out there in every type of light and price point to fill ones needs. That simply being on amazon or one type over the other doesnt discredit it or make it any less suitable for ones needs. I have much better lights i can run. That would also come at the cost of using 3x as much energy as my current setup. we grow to flower outside to get a jump on our short summer season.

I feel like i have to go quantum now if the argument is you cant be a bad grower and/or have grows go bad simply by having QB's. seems i couldnt fail /s

Never once was my argument that solely blurple beats quantum and thats the argument it sounds like you are both implying. Simply having a better grow than ones neighbor as a means why having the best doesnt make one the best grower is a far stretch from saying blurple beats QB. So seems illogical to refute the science or assume thats ones take... the world is flat, dinosaurs arent real, etc, etc. To my original point that was taken completely to the extreme of the context. There is lots of independent reviews, lots of options at every price point, just is a matter of researching the brand and light and looking into the board/chip/etc to fit your needs that can grow just fine. kind of seem like the first few pages were all arguments to having to have the best when that wasnt the point of the post. lesson learned to articulate every point like an ELI5 post to the context and subtext of every sentiment(wont happen again).

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
when did i say i was competing with the best light for that option? i was implying that having the best doesnt mean you will grow the best. Never once did i say blurple are better. the implication that one cant make it with value options is completely false. Simply having the best equipment makes one a better grower was the argument I was after. The answer to every solution cant simply be you arent buying the best. That doesnt get anyone answers though. If we dismissed every value option simply because its not the best. where would anyone really be?

when did i put out info? I simply compared one person using quantums to my own. When i factor in the ROI for my needs and setup id never get it in my setup at the current entry level price point to make the switch worth wild. There is enough tested models out there in every type of light and price point to fill ones needs. That simply being on amazon or one type over the other doesnt discredit it or make it any less suitable for ones needs. I have much better lights i can run. That would also come at the cost of using 3x as much energy as my current setup. we grow to flower outside to get a jump on our short summer season.

I feel like i have to go quantum now if the argument is you cant be a bad grower and/or have grows go bad simply by having QB's. seems i couldnt fail /s

Never once was my argument that solely blurple beats quantum and thats the argument it sounds like you are both implying. Simply having a better grow than ones neighbor as a means why having the best doesnt make one the best grower is a far stretch from saying blurple beats QB. So seems illogical to refute the science or assume thats ones take... the world is flat, dinosaurs arent real, etc, etc. To my original point that was taken completely to the extreme of the context. There is lots of independent reviews, lots of options at every price point, just is a matter of researching the brand and light and looking into the board/chip/etc to fit your needs that can grow just fine. kind of seem like the first few pages were all arguments to having to have the best when that wasnt the point of the post. lesson learned to articulate every point like an ELI5 post to the context and subtext of every sentiment(wont happen again).

Oh?

"im running 600w blurples i got for $40 on sale in February from amazon. Honestly between that tent and my neighbors with a $1500 QB setup. you couldnt tell there was a $1420 difference in our lighting option. Since we are doing a comparison i wont know til the final results. "

Theres no science anywhere in any of your posts bro, so you cant dazzle me with your words, and stuff. You havent even finished a cycle, but yet you made a judgement based on you and your neighbors anecdotal experience with absolutely zero supporting detail. You will also not get a quantum board argument out of me since I use black box leds, mars SPs and qbs to try and achieve the best results. I really could give a shit less what others use, as long as it achieves the end goal and helps the patient. The OP needed help and multiple members chimed in because you were posting inaccurate stuff. No hard feelings dude, but feelings arent facts.

... Back to my bong hits.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You said he had 1500 in QBs and you have a 100w blurple and can't tell a real difference.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh?

"im running 600w blurples i got for $40 on sale in February from amazon. Honestly between that tent and my neighbors with a $1500 QB setup. you couldnt tell there was a $1420 difference in our lighting option. Since we are doing a comparison i wont know til the final results. "

Theres no science anywhere in any of your posts bro, so you cant dazzle me with your words, and stuff. You havent even finished a cycle, but yet you made a judgement based on you and your neighbors anecdotal experience with absolutely zero supporting detail. You will also not get a quantum board argument out of me since I use black box leds, mars SPs and qbs to try and achieve the best results. I really could give a shit less what others use, as long as it achieves the end goal and helps the patient. The OP needed help and multiple members chimed in because you were posting inaccurate stuff. No hard feelings dude, but feelings arent facts.

... Back to my bong hits.
Jinx ya owe me a beer

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With a small 100w blurple LED and 1 plant you may pull 40-60 grams... Sure possibly more if you grow well of decent bud.

Nothing wrong with that.

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

Ok I'm gonna do it dealing the shed up tomorrow and just ordered these guys .now I need some fans budget 25$

Screenshot 20200505 205731
Bigredauto

Bigredauto

Ok I'm gonna do it dealing the shed up tomorrow and just ordered these guys .now I need some fans budget 25$
No for real just stone and dreaming. Lol I do appreciate all y'alls advice it was and is big help for noob.

Mospeada

Mospeada

I bought a 500 watt flood light off eBay for $18 (US). It was 80% off. Can't find any really close to that for the US, about $90. The I bought has 576 Epistar diodes that are a mix of 2700k, 3000k and 3500k. There are 300 watt ones for about $40. I originally bought it for ambient lighting as the 80 watt one I bought didn't cut it for lighting up my canopy for photo shots. The original grow lights were pulled from street lamps so using a flood light in today's world wouldn't be that crazy imo.

IMG 20200506 123103
Mospeada

Mospeada

Whatever cheapo light you end up going as a rule of thumb go the the best price per watt (TRUE POWER) that you can. A light that's advertised as 1000 watts but draw 80 watts isn't much or if any better than a comparable light at the same power output.

IMG 20200506 125329
Top Bottom