• Thread starter Bigredauto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
please make sure @Anthem approves every post prior. 🤣😂
You’d be surprised. @Anthem knows his shit.. stop bashing and grows some plants newber.
Burnz

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did I miss where he is growing? I can't see it. Closet? Basement? Bedroom? Tent?

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I got this with a $150 2000w king plus led blurple off amazon, I was still messing with height so got a bit stretchy
20200505 004711
20200505 004825

R

redshift75

The reason why you do not want one of those Amazon light is because the information they are provide is largely not true.

There are plenty of brands/configurations as far as same panel/chips that have been independently reviewed in the cheap category. my local grow shop sells lots of cheap brands and ive seen them use an Apogee meter to show the values. Thats how they judge what to stock. I just saw them doing a brand called "TMLAPY" I was kind of shocked at the value of their cob and 2000w blurple for the price. i think it was like $175+tax out the door. Id be fine with running a 4x8 on it. But of course my electricity is top 5 in price in the states so i have to try to be as economical on wattage as i can regardless of my wants/desires. But to the point is lots of cheap brand lights running same boards/drivers/chips yada yada independently reviewed. From people trying to be reputable in a sea of non-reputable dealers. Some brands seem to exist where there is a niche demand for a feature. There are lots of brands id avoid and then there are tons i see id be willing to try. How would we ever find the diamond in the rough if we dismiss every brand before its ever had a chance to illuminate some flowers first hand. is plenty of brands that started off as cheap amazon brand, that are now recommend/used by most in the industry. mars/vivo/yadayada list goes on. What sucks today is great tomorrow. It can always be more lucrative to be one of the first ones on the boat.

im running 600w blurples i got for $40 on sale in February from amazon. Honestly between that tent and my neighbors with a $1500 QB setup. you couldnt tell there was a $1420 difference in our lighting option. Since we are doing a comparison i wont know til the final results. But as soon as we get night temps above 'too cold' they will all be transplanted outside.

just going off physical cues I feel like im in the lead.... but that could just be from technique. Im using LST and hes going all natural with topping for height... I could be running a much better light. I wanted to see if i could go less and decrease my E. Bill. if i dont include the fact im running a 1000watt heater at the moment cause the space is 35 degrees so i have to keep the tent up to mid 60s. im only running half my wattage out the wall i was running before on lighting and air. That difference for my on my pocket is alot more rewarding than the opposite route. More money+more efficiency+less electricity=slightly bigger + much longer ROI(the light may not last long enough given the limited space to ever see the full ROI in some applications). Not saying it to be negative. But.... Trying to promote optimism in the potential that great things exist that may be an exceptional value to budget growers.

p.s. im also running 2 of those $25 fans since i dont need a charcoal filter. Works great. $5 4 year warranty also ensures if i do have an issue - I wont have to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There are plenty of brands/configurations as far as same panel/chips that have been independently reviewed in the cheap category. my local grow shop sells lots of cheap brands and ive seen them use an Apogee meter to show the values. Thats how they judge what to stock. I just saw them doing a brand called "TMLAPY" I was kind of shocked at the value of their cob and 2000w blurple for the price. i think it was like $175+tax out the door. Id be fine with running a 4x8 on it. But of course my electricity is top 5 in price in the states so i have to try to be as economical on wattage as i can regardless of my wants/desires. But to the point is lots of cheap brand lights running same boards/drivers/chips yada yada independently reviewed. From people trying to be reputable in a sea of non-reputable dealers. Some brands seem to exist where there is a niche demand for a feature. There are lots of brands id avoid and then there are tons i see id be willing to try. How would we ever find the diamond in the rough if we dismiss every brand before its ever had a chance to illuminate some flowers first hand. is plenty of brands that started off as cheap amazon brand, that are now recommend/used by most in the industry. mars/vivo/yadayada list goes on. What sucks today is great tomorrow. It can always be more lucrative to be one of the first ones on the boat.

im running 600w blurples i got for $40 on sale in February from amazon. Honestly between that tent and my neighbors with a $1500 QB setup. you couldnt tell there was a $1420 difference in our lighting option. Since we are doing a comparison i wont know til the final results. But as soon as we get night temps above 'too cold' they will all be transplanted outside.

just going off physical cues I feel like im in the lead.... but that could just be from technique. Im using LST and hes going all natural with topping for height... I could be running a much better light. I wanted to see if i could go less and decrease my E. Bill. if i dont include the fact im running a 1000watt heater at the moment cause the space is 35 degrees so i have to keep the tent up to mid 60s. im only running half my wattage out the wall i was running before on lighting and air. That difference for my on my pocket is alot more rewarding than the opposite route. More money+more efficiency+less electricity=slightly bigger + much longer ROI(the light may not last long enough given the limited space to ever see the full ROI in some applications). Not saying it to be negative. But.... Trying to promote optimism in the potential that great things exist that may be an exceptional value to budget growers.

p.s. im also running 2 of those $25 fans since i dont need a charcoal filter. Works great. $5 4 year warranty also ensures if i do have an issue - I wont have to worry.
I have to call bullshit here. There is no possible way you are outgrowing a $1500 of QBs with a cheap 600w (probably 150w) blurple. Unless his plants died.

I mean not only does science say this is impossible so does common sense.

I have a $800 qb light and I promise you grow nowhere close to it with that light.

Im all about growing to fit your budget but let's keep the claims on this planet

R

redshift75

I got this with a $150 2000w king plus led blurple off amazon, I was still messing with height so got a bit stretchyView attachment 969447View attachment 969448

PFFFT, no one can grow anything with blurple dont you know!!!

I feel like I remember when we were all considered noobs for not going blurple or considering that route to change over from established methods. and now we are back to where the old method is better then that method unless we get the latest greatest of that new method. *thats so last grow season guys and gals

😂😂😂😂😂

P.S. looks beautiful.

For the record i was going to recommend the blurples I got. But they are back to $65 and appears on the price chart was a 2 week sale at random in February. Im going to guess it was a chinese new year sale. So dont mean to go off topic. Id buy them at $40 not $65 as better options than the 600w blurples I got.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I feel like I remember when we were all considered noobs for not going blurple or considering that route to change over from established methods. and now we are back to where the old method is better then that method unless we get the latest greatest of that new method. *thats so last grow season guys and gals

😂😂😂😂😂

P.S. looks beautiful.

For the record i was going to recommend the blurples I got. But they are back to $65 and appears on the price chart was a 2 week sale at random in February. Im going to guess it was a chinese new year sale. So dont mean to go off topic. Id buy them at $40 not $65 as better options than the 600w blurples I got.
I used to run few 1000w hps & my, too much heat & power for where I am now. Proper training & good genetics works wonders with cheap blurples lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Guy understand I'm not knocking blurples or budget grows but don't give false information on them to a new grower who will have expectations that they can out grow $1500 worth of QBs I would say likely over 1000-1200 true watts that would compete with 2 1000w HPS with a blurple that pulls between 100-200 watts.

WankirA

WankirA

R

redshift75

I have to call bullshit here. There is no possible way you are outgrowing a $1500 of QBs with a cheap 600w (probably 150w) blurple. Unless his plants died.

I have a $800 qb light and I promise you grow nowhere close to it with that light.

Im all about growing to fit your budget but let's keep the claims on this planet

I said we wont know til the final. But would I say there is enough growth over one or the other to justify the same route. No not in my personal opinion. At the end when we leave the one test in for both to see our final weight we will know the results. Im expecting his to be better when it comes to flower. But will it be enough for me personally to justify the switch remains to be seen. the science is great, but often so is first hand observation. To the science one has the same potential to meet the expectations as fail them. Simply having the lights doesnt mean you will have the best grow/yields ever. A large part of this forum is dedicated to failed grows. Thats the point I was making. One certainly has the potential to do just as well with either option there is just more benefit to one option over the other. doesnt mean going with an inexpensive option for your light you cant meet those expectations.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's all about watts from the wall with led not equivalent.

Led will generally need 30-40% less watts to be equal to HID.

So advice to the OP if going budget LED. Get the light with the most watts from the wall for the money you can buy

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Something like this. Most of the guys prefer to order direct from kingbrite tho... this is the best bang for your buck at 100 dollars....I would highly suggest some research though... I wouldnt say the one you are thinking is bad, but I use 3 of them just for supplemental light

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I said we wont know til the final. But would I say there is enough growth over one or the other to justify the same route. No not in my personal opinion. At the end when we leave the one test in for both to see our final weight we will know the results. Im expecting his to be better when it comes to flower. But will it be enough for me personally to justify the switch remains to be seen. the science is great, but often so is first hand observation. To the science one has the same potential to meet the expectations as fail them. Simply having the lights doesnt mean you will have the best grow/yields ever. A large part of this forum is dedicated to failed grows. Thats the point I was making. One certainly has the potential to do just as well with either option there is just more benefit to one option over the other. doesnt mean going with an inexpensive option for your light you cant meet those expectations.
Not even close. The number of photons produced by each is so immensely huge they are not even in the same league.

This is just over 3 weeks growth under $800 worth of QBs. Show me you can do this under a blurple 100-200w light... Absolutely impossible.

In a 4x4 I pulled over 2lbs of bud on average and a pound of better of shake and popcorn buds. You would be over 10g per watt (which I don't like to use) the amount of photons produced limits the photosynthesis capabilities it's absolutely impossible to say you can compete with that.

IMG 20191206 095817
IMG 20200102 190610
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Something like this. Most of the guys prefer to order direct from kingbrite tho... this is the best bang for your buck at 100 dollars....I would highly suggest some research though... I wouldnt say the one you are thinking is bad, but I use 3 of them just for supplemental light

Agree prob the best bang for buck lights available

Moshmen

Moshmen

Good call! Lmao

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter

😂😂😂😂😂

P.S. looks beautiful.

All I can say Is I started with just blurples and eventually upgraded to mars hydro then quantum boards. The black boxes are so underpowered I use 3 of them just for supplemental...along side of 4 qbs....if they had the ability to out grow quantum boards, or mars hydro sp150s for that matter, I would have them in their own tent. Its cool to want to save money, but its not cool to put bad info out there because you want to justify it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

All I can say Is I started with just blurples and eventually upgraded to mars hydro then quantum boards. The black boxes are so underpowered I use 2 of them just for supplemental...along side of 4 qbs....if they had the ability to out grow quantum boards, or mars hydro sp150s for that matter, I would have them in there own tent. Its cool to want to save money, but its not cool to put bad info out there because you want to justify it.
Amen! They worked but more money laying on the bed than hanging in my tent, you will only be happy with the amazon light until you figure out how much ya paid for a nite lite,

BC57C7B6 0593 46ED 8D8D 9F51B81A8610
7EE55268 291A 4EFA ABD4 00415B04376F
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OP you need to do what you need to do on a budget. I think everyone agrees you can only spend what you have. The qb that @jaguarlax linked are the best budget option available imo. If that's to much then you need to do what you need to do and go for the most watts from the wall you can get for the money. Some have done decent with a crap ton of CFLs and sockets. Just understand and I think you do that your yields WILL be lower. If LED plan for 30 true watts per sq.ft. and grow accordingly. You may only get one plant worth of light and that's ok. But better 1 quality plant than more plants with garbage buds.

Top Bottom