Limited Seeds, Need To Turn Into Multiple Crops. Can Any Body Help Me With Ideas Or A Plan

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

@KingKush.420 what happens if I pollinate a feminized autoflower with pollen from a fem branch turned male? Will it be auto? Or will I still have to flip?

Also to expand on this. What's the difference; I turn branch on fem auto of male and pollinate female cookies, or if I turn female branch male on cookies and pollinate the og auto.

str8smokn

str8smokn

I believe the Auto should be the mother for the dominant Auto seeds.
So if you want Auto seeds ,pollenate the Auto .
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Quagmire has done some crossing I think with reg's and Autos.
Let's see if he chimes in..
You know they say it's not good to breed with feminized seeds ,,as in stress a feminized female into a male.
Better chance of hermies in the gene pool I think.
STR8

Wisher619

Wisher619

Yeah I dont know anything about Fem or Auto plants at all......I mean crossing them or breeding and whatnot

Wisher619

Wisher619

if your cookie seeds turn up a male....just use that....if not.....and the easiest way for me is to ..........clone FTW.......once I find my mom I just clone......my momy now I can pull about 10-15 babies off her every 2-3 months.......there really is no reason to make fem seeds if you have a mom....but if you find a male in the bunch....I would keep him and make a clone of him......and keep him in veg with a mom........every once in a while take a clone of the fem and root it.....along with a clone of the male
I can almost guarantee that if you got 5 seeds....2 will be male......

Wisher619

Wisher619

ummmmmmm.....yeah.......
Born and lived in So Cal....for the first 21 years of my life......and always close by
I beg to differ on this subject but
to each there own

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I've heard so many stories on ogk. And I only been around the grow game 5 years. Just watched that podcast with bubba and the other dude that said they brought it from florida. Said it came from a couple bag seeds in Gainesville.

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah and those bag seeds had males in them.....which they threw out.....as well as chemdog had males in it as well....
Kannapedia has a chart as they have been doing the genome project and have come to find that alot of these strains are very closely related......
but unless someone was there whenever
the chem and og were actually produced....then......
however......Bubba Kush....is a product of the og herming and pollenating the bubba
and that offspring became bubba kush....
and Matt and them were there for that
the Kush was Bag seed
the bubba were NL seeds from Nor Cal
strait from Bubba's mouth

Last edited:
Quagmire

Quagmire

Pretty sure I know the story of Chemdog but not going to argue it here.. the rumormill is horrible so lets' get to breeding the simple way.. I grow ONLY Auto's now and I do something called Pre-Flower pollination so I don't lose my entire crop, small as it is, to seed production.. but, if I have a strain I want to save this method works great.. I now use it to cross Autos and am right now trying to take Lorans : Long Bottom Leaf Lemon pheno and turn it auto with his permission of course..
It's simple really, the plants do all the work.. Allow the male to live just long enough to pollinate the early hairs on females and then cull the male or males, some like to use multiple males.. Right now I am crossing a bunch of different strains with Sour Bubble as I am a Bubblegum freak, forget Kush, I prefer BOG's Bogglegum anyday.
This method will work same with photo period too.. I average about 20 seeds per plant and this works great with Auto's because by the time you pollinate, cull the male the plant has about 6-7wks to finish up and seeds take 6wks to be viable or mature ... the longer you allow the male to open pollen sacs and females to produce more hairs, the more seeds your going to come up with.. the plants closer to the male get hit hardest..

Hope this helps... here are my current ladies I just hit with Sour Bubble aka: Bogglegum x Bogglegum x Bogglegum bx3..

good luck
Lemon Haze Auto
DV8R 5WKS old
Rhino Ryder Female
IMG 0016
TS 2

Wisher619

Wisher619

I reside in Santa Barbara........Best of both North and South
just because something came from a herm dosnt mean it will be a herm....although I do know that alot of people tried to cross GG and some children are stable and some ......really are NOT
in any case
@Midwestjay
you got alot of options......
message me for anything brother

Top Bottom