Little Mite Activity

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Where are you so I know to never come near your friends. Hahahaha. Just kidding.

But holy shit that is disgusting, how do you let it get that bad? There's fucking TRAFFIC, like red/green light highways from nug to nug

That's like 3 weeks in tops... Is he going for it? Or cleanin his act up

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Holy f*ck-balls batman!
Like classic said... looks like downtown LA and sh*t!
NUKE IT!!!! call in Kim Jong to launch an attack already!
HAHAHAH!
Where are you so I know to never come near your friends. Hahahaha. Just kidding.

But holy shit that is disgusting, how do you let it get that bad? There's fucking TRAFFIC, like red/green light highways from nug to nug

That's like 3 weeks in tops... Is he going for it? Or cleanin his act up

He'll probably go for it... Says, "they came out of no where" LOL

I'll check back with him in a week or two...So fucking ridiculous!

reloader

reloader

I had a bad infestation years ago, and it took me a year to tottaly wipe them out. Now I have a no shoes rule in my flower and veg room and I constantly check for those bastards with a scope. They are hard to get rid of, without major effort. I used an organiac spray. At the point they are in this vid, you need to scrap everything bleach and clean, nuke the whole effn room and start over.

reloader

reloader

i hope you burned your clothes before you went home..
Not just the clothes. But you would not even want to go back to your place until you have had a shower, they can get in your hair, and on skin, and that is all it takes. Dont even go near a mite infestation.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Not just the clothes. But you would not even want to go back to your place until you have had a shower, they can get in your hair, and on skin, and that is all it takes. Dont even go near a mite infestation.
I hear yuh...I spray every 5 days regardless. Not to mention the health of my plants in through the roof thanks to CAP

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

This shit scares me to high heaven. If you start from seed and do not get cuts, do not visit other grows and sterilize you room and medium... what are the chances of some shit like this happening?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I've had mites - like most on here but I have never seen what a saw here. It's weird too. The canopy is roughly 10'x10' and this was the only spot that was heavily infested, hardly any webbing anywhere else. This spot also has the least amount of light.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This shit scares me to high heaven. If you start from seed and do not get cuts, do not visit other grows and sterilize you room and medium... what are the chances of some shit like this happening?
Not that difficult, actually. Every year they show up on my pole beans, late in the season. Every year. (This is why I handle the most valuable plants first.) My first SM infestation occurred when my son came to visit and we went through my rooms. I hadn't considered his clothing. Fortunately for me my basement conditions prevented them ENTIRELY from infesting my flowering room (too cold, too humid--I do not recommend this for flowering plants, you may as well let the SMs get 'em), but they got a good foothold into the veg-table-box-thing. Rubbing alcohol did the trick there, as did increasing humidity and lowering the temps. And, again, my flowering room was likely saved because I handle the most valuable plants first.

GR33N, that was fascinating, and itchy to watch. I'd be curious to know if that spot is warmer and has lower RH than the rest of the grow, or if it's a different strain, or what.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Not that difficult, actually. Every year they show up on my pole beans, late in the season. Every year. (This is why I handle the most valuable plants first.) My first SM infestation occurred when my son came to visit and we went through my rooms. I hadn't considered his clothing. Fortunately for me my basement conditions prevented them ENTIRELY from infesting my flowering room (too cold, too humid--I do not recommend this for flowering plants, you may as well let the SMs get 'em), but they got a good foothold into the veg-table-box-thing. Rubbing alcohol did the trick there, as did increasing humidity and lowering the temps. And, again, my flowering room was likely saved because I handle the most valuable plants first.

GR33N, that was fascinating, and itchy to watch. I'd be curious to know if that spot is warmer and has lower RH than the rest of the grow, or if it's a different strain, or what.
The entire room is some type of Diesel (all the same strain), difference is there is no light directly over these plants. I really can't explain why the sudden explosion in population. Could be the plants there are weaker do to a lack of light? Or the humidity could be SLIGHTLY lower..?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I can cockily say I do cuts seeds trade share all that, and have never had a single spider mite in my garden.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE is all it takes. Only harmful product I ever use is e20 for PM, that's it. Every other "remedy" is either a spice, baking soda or peppermint soap. It's the herpes of the weed world. Some don't give a shit, some wont go near it.

Had a run in w a friends garden like this a couple weeks ago, was telling all my homies how I showered before I got home, changed, showered outside, ran inside to the inside showe naked, then change clothes. Rubbed myself down with disinfectants and shit. That stuff is not cool to be bringing in homies to. If I even saw one mite in my spot, if a single friend came over I'd dare not let them in, why exposé a homie to shit like that??

Sucks cause this dude is the only holder of an extremely rare unique strain that I acquired, now it's all mited up and will seriously be a year before she could be able to come back to me. :-/

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I have never seen a spider mite until I brought a cut home. I swore never again. I live in the high desert and do not see them. My hope by using seeds that I never will. I guess it is wishful thinking.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The entire room is some type of Diesel (all the same strain), difference is there is no light directly over these plants. I really can't explain why the sudden explosion in population. Could be the plants there are weaker do to a lack of light? Or the humidity could be SLIGHTLY lower..?
Those are all really good questions, and I would start with testing sap pH and Brix (if possible). If nothing else, they may indicate a slightly weaker plant. It's just very weird to see that kind of webbing and activity, they built themselves a little METROPOLIS on that plant, for Christ's sakes, without other plants also showing such a high degree of infestation. It makes less sense to me when I contrast that observation with my pole beans, which has been that the mites tend to occur or migrate to the top of the plants, the brightest, likely lowest RH areas. I gots no idear!

I can cockily say I do cuts seeds trade share all that, and have never had a single spider mite in my garden.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE is all it takes. Only harmful product I ever use is e20 for PM, that's it. Every other "remedy" is either a spice, baking soda or peppermint soap. It's the herpes of the weed world. Some don't give a shit, some wont go near it.

Had a run in w a friends garden like this a couple weeks ago, was telling all my homies how I showered before I got home, changed, showered outside, ran inside to the inside showe naked, then change clothes. Rubbed myself down with disinfectants and shit. That stuff is not cool to be bringing in homies to. If I even saw one mite in my spot, if a single friend came over I'd dare not let them in, why exposé a homie to shit like that??

Sucks cause this dude is the only holder of an extremely rare unique strain that I acquired, now it's all mited up and will seriously be a year before she could be able to come back to me. :-/View attachment 304744 View attachment 304745
Shiiiiiiiitttt... not spider mites there, broad mites?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Is the broad mite the most difficult to remove from your garden?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know about that, but it seems to be more difficult to diagnose since they're so SMALL. Cabbage aphids, THOSE were just... I pray to Little Baby Jesus that we never experience anything like cabbage aphids on cannabis. Truly.

Didn't san... savanalona, sanvanalona (shit! better do a search) say that bringing room temps up to 115*F for two hours kills them?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Those are all really good questions, and I would start with testing sap pH and Brix (if possible). If nothing else, they may indicate a slightly weaker plant. It's just very weird to see that kind of webbing and activity, they built themselves a little METROPOLIS on that plant, for Christ's sakes, without other plants also showing such a high degree of infestation. It makes less sense to me when I contrast that observation with my pole beans, which has been that the mites tend to occur or migrate to the top of the plants, the brightest, likely lowest RH areas. I gots no idear!

Shiiiiiiiitttt... not spider mites there, broad mites?
That garden has aids. It has more than a Quebec/colfax hooker. Haha soooo gross.

Top Bottom