Little Mite Activity

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ladyv

Ladyv

OMG...OMG...I'd burn the place down!!! I feel like I need a shower just from watching it.

Please God, no, no no no, never ever ever!!

L.Burna

L.Burna

Wowzers!!! That's some nasty stuff!!! Looks like SM!! That's just awful to look at. AVID is by far the greatest thing to use on mites and keeping temps under 80 degrees, eggs live on for years and years waiting to hatch at the right temperatures of over 80!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Avid is extremely toxic and should only be used as a last resort, in my honest opinion.

L.Burna

L.Burna

AVID is no where near as bad as people think.. I know all too many growers who have used it and would agree with me.. It's not to be used by inexperienced growers... It Shouldn't be used during flower.. Mites on a flowering plant to me means tossing everything out and starting over.. Complete scrubbing of your flower and veg rooms, bleaching, bug bombs. Ext, ext.... Sometimes it's a must to preserve good genetics and that's where avid comes in... Had a major infestation about 5 years ago when I pulled out my carpet and I thank god the shops around here were able to supply me with what I needed to take care of the problem!! It's a must to do a good amount of research before using it or at least have someone that can teach you about it!! That being said, AVID never did any damage to my plants, it made them look even better!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Avid is a single-site mode of action miticide. That means that mites can quickly build up resistance, and they have (and beyond Avid). We can use lots of things on our plants that have no place near consumables, especially with regard to MMJ patients. Going by the MSDS alone it ain't such great stuff, either, IMO.

It's unfortunate that you can say you know all too many growers who use it and would agree with you.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Typically it's the method of application versus the actual product. People keep huge moms alive and don't keep them pruned up properly or sprayed preventatively. They don't sneak up on you and it's the lazy gardener or uneducated one that gets their ass handed to them by mites.

I know this is slightly off topic but I've been doing indoor for about 15years and have never resorted to a bug bomb or ever scrubbed walls with bleach. Say what you want, but beating bugs is beyond easy and just takes good eyesight and lack of lazy...
I don't even scrub anything in between rounds in rooms, I just sweep and replant. When I spray preventatively that will take care of whatever might be on the walls, imo.

Take your own clones and keep healthy moms, buying clones is the best way to get mites!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Using those gnarly chems over and over will make your mites as strong as they can be. Azamax and saturator can take down any mite infestation. Just need to tear off the worst leaves and spray properly. Most people have no clue how to actually apply insecticides properly or thouroughly...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
For example, in a 6 lighter I will use 2 gallon of aza/saturator and that is when the plants are 6 inches tall. I can go through 6 gallons when I spray into the first week of flower. Coverage is everything.

People can denounce some of what I've said but the proof is right in front of me. Mite free is easy peazy, just takes work.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
And last but not least, the health of the plants and room environment will bring the mites or deter them. It's all about healthy plants, the non healthy are just like people, sick all the time ...
Those insects sense when your plants are not at the top of their game and come in and whoop your plants ass!

L.Burna

L.Burna

I don't like to waste my money on products that don't work or products that I will need to be using forever.. A one time application took care of my problem.. Simple as that, no need to continue spraying week after week..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I spray 2-3 times a crop. It's good to get dust off the plant and revigorates them. I don't consider it wasting money when the plant benefits and I do as a result of that. I have a foliar regiment and azamax/saturator is in the mix.

L.Burna

L.Burna

Oh yeah it's good to spray your plants down and get rid of any dust that your fans may have blown on them, i do that every chance i get, only with plain old h2o.. And I'm sure your methods are sound,I simply don't have the time.. I visit my site once a week, and stay too busy to care for my babies as they should be. I'm just about taking care of the problem ASAP. So I had to take care of it my way because not doing so could've screwed my crop over any one of the days I'm gone.. But mites are old news, for me they were the easiest thing in the world to take care of.. 5 years is a long time ago and Avid was the best thing shop owners recommended themselves. Mites, mildew,mold, just about anything can and more than likely will build a resistance to whatever were spraying.. It's only a matter of time.

Oh and scrubbing my rooms up really good is just something I do all the time. I spray down walls, clean out pots, lights, floors, the works. Not because I must, just like keeping clean and keeping busy. After every flower cycle

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not quite, L.Burna. Mites have not and likely will not build up a resistance to physical barriers like JMS Stylets oil, or the rubbing alcohol treatment, or lavender tea, or plant essential oils. However, all of these treatments require diligence and repeated applications you're absolutely correct about that.

I don't recall if you said where you're located, but out here in California it's proven too easy to have spider mites that are resistant to one product or another, or many products. Dichlorvos (No Pest Strips) resistant mites are already known, as are Avid resistant mites, Floramite, Forbid, pretty much all of our chemical miticides, and as I mentioned it's the single-site mode 'cides' that present the biggest problems in this regard.

Finally, I'm a patient advocate and I have strong opinions about what should be being used in a consumable product intended for sick people. While I am quite aware that much, if not most cannabis is not destined for MMJ use, here in the medical states I feel that we have a duty to inform and make people cognizant of the issues that are present when using these types of products. It was for that reason that I felt it was necessary to counter your recommendation to use a product like Avid.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Mites do not build a resistance to azidirachtin. It's akin to slicing their throats. You don't adapt to that, you die. But, you must contact the insect.

I agree azamax isn't gonna wipe out a major infestation but it will serve to make sure you never have an infestation and kill any soft bodied critter.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Oh yeah it's good to spray your plants down and get rid of any dust that your fans may have blown on them, i do that every chance i get, only with plain old h2o.. And I'm sure your methods are sound,I simply don't have the time.. I visit my site once a week, and stay too busy to care for my babies as they should be. I'm just about taking care of the problem ASAP. So I had to take care of it my way because not doing so could've screwed my crop over any one of the days I'm gone.. But mites are old news, for me they were the easiest thing in the world to take care of.. 5 years is a long time ago and Avid was the best thing shop owners recommended themselves. Mites, mildew,mold, just about anything can and more than likely will build a resistance to whatever were spraying.. It's only a matter of time.

Oh and scrubbing my rooms up really good is just something I do all the time. I spray down walls, clean out pots, lights, floors, the works. Not because I must, just like keeping clean and keeping busy. After every flower cycle
I foliar seaweed and humic acid during veg and transition to flower. If your gonna take the time to spray with plain water, why not add something beneficial and spray with it? 5ml/qt is cheap, even with Nitrozyme... Sulfur vaping is my other preventative for pm. Between sulfur vaping, efficient foliar with azamax/saturator combo the plants love life.

I couldn't bare to see a room only once a week...imo

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
AVID is no where near as bad as people think.. I know all too many growers who have used it and would agree with me.. It's not to be used by inexperienced growers... It Shouldn't be used during flower.. Mites on a flowering plant to me means tossing everything out and starting over.. Complete scrubbing of your flower and veg rooms, bleaching, bug bombs. Ext, ext.... Sometimes it's a must to preserve good genetics and that's where avid comes in... Had a major infestation about 5 years ago when I pulled out my carpet and I thank god the shops around here were able to supply me with what I needed to take care of the problem!! It's a must to do a good amount of research before using it or at least have someone that can teach you about it!! That being said, AVID never did any damage to my plants, it made them look even better!!

Keeping clean and such are definitely good practices.

Seems to me we all know "all to many growers who have used it and would agree with" you. How many growers do you know that have NEVER used AVID and wouldn't agree with you? There are way too many good ways to get rid of these fuckers without resorting to hardening the little fuckers down the road...

PB

L.Burna

L.Burna

My bad baba G, I do foliar feed.. Little hung over this morning. And I wish I had the time to spend with my girls.. what with the wife, kids,work, and family, I simply don't have the time.. It's always somebody's birthday or some trip we gotta take!! But that's just life, and I enjoy every minute of it!! Powdery mildew is whole different story.

Seamaiden- you're right Avid is not something that's any good for MMJ use. That's why it's very important that people know how to use such products.. When I say I had a major infestation of mites, it's just me over exaggerating.. That video was ugly and I had nowhere near that kind of problem. I had the mites in veg and was able to take care of it quickly. I never used it as a soil drench, nor got it near the soil.. Just sprayed he leaves real well and tossed out my clones and started them over. Cleaned my rooms up real well and sprayed the walls down with the avid. Problem free for years now. Never had a product work so well the first time. I do live in California but I don't personally know any growers that continuously spray with avid, once is enough if done right. Avid resistant mites is something I haven't came across and don't personally know anyone who has.

L.Burna

L.Burna

IMO that mite problem in the video should've never got that out of hand.. A close eye on your plants could've spotted it long ago.

Now the reality of it is that nobody knows what MMJ really is... I'm about to smoke the rest of my stash from LA but who really knows whats in it?? Unless you grew it yourself you don't know jack!! And I trust myself with what I grow and wouldn't smoke it or pass it to someone if I didn't feel it was top quality!!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
IMO that mite problem in the video should've never got that out of hand.. A close eye on your plants could've spotted it long ago.

Now the reality of it is that nobody knows what MMJ really is... I'm about to smoke the rest of my stash from LA but who really knows whats in it?? Unless you grew it yourself you don't know jack!! And I trust myself with what I grow and wouldn't smoke it or pass it to someone if I didn't feel it was top quality!!
which one of those club herbs is treating you the best?

Top Bottom