Living Soil rockin Fire Alien Romulan, Goji OG and Fruity Pebbles

• Thread starter Mogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

Out to pasture. They should come home every evening. All the free ranging animals, especially those that need milking, should come home every evening.

I am always amazed to see how quickly fenugreek sprouts. It's just amazing!

that's right, milk cows do come to the barn to get milked. beef cattle, not so much...
fenugreek?
transplanted some cuts into larger shoes tonight, veg room looking good. the plants i took from the outside venture are almost 100%. they had it rough in their little pots outside, they were all rootbound and waterlogged.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, fenugreek! The spice used in Indian cooking? I got some seeds a few years ago when I was experimenting with Indian cuisine, and I can't remember what made me decide to throw a few on the ground, but I did and oh my goodness.

I've got some girls flowering right now, in those 10gal SmartPots if you recall. The soil not only looks bare, but it's beginning to compact with watering, even though most watering is being done from the bottom. So, I can toss some mulch on there, or I can top-dress and scrape it up like I always do, or I can try something different. I figured since the cover cropping over my toms last year brought about some really good growth and helped stopped BER, why not try it here, now, since I have the seeds? I didn't use everything I have for cover cropping because a lot of it gets pretty big, that's why I landed on the red (or is it crimson? have to double-check the bag) clover and fenugreek, because I know the fenugreek will only get a few inches high at most before it sets seed.

Mogrow

Mogrow

checking the flower room out today and found a few pollen sacs on one of the fruity pebbles, damn... not many but reason to watch very closely.
kinda puts my f2 project in jeopardy cause i will not know if seeds were made by pollen i collected of good males or hermie pollen.
girls aren't looking quite right, last run i had no yellow leaves, this run i'm full of them. hoping it's just a case of soil being depleted of nitrogen. gave them a good foliar of watercress and comfrey, gave them a strong tea made of alfalfa and something about a week ago. i really hope this is not bug related. its not all the plants , and its not just one strain. hmmmmm. i know yellowing is natural but thisis too early and too much.
still have mites too, gave an iso alcohol spray to a couple of them this morning also.
veg room looking good, need to get IPM in gear , so we don't have these problems on down the road.
keep it green biys and girls.

waayne

waayne

MO I've used No Mites with good success
It is safe to use and nontoxic to humans as well ,and those little critters can't build immunity, as it is just essential oils that suffocate them and their eggs
http://www.greenwaynutrients.com/kill-spider-mites

If you can lower temps and raise the humidity level ,it will slow them down some....
Those little bitches are a real nuisance indoors.....Good luck in your battle
with the Borg

Mogrow

Mogrow

Get yourself some Mighty Wash.

i have some Bud, i believe i used it once this go round..
MO I've used No Mites with good success
It is safe to use and nontoxic to humans as well ,and those little critters can't build immunity, as it is just essential oils that suffocate them and their eggs
http://www.greenwaynutrients.com/kill-spider-mites

If you can lower temps and raise the humidity level ,it will slow them down some....
Those little bitches are a real nuisance indoors.....Good luck in your battle
with the Borg
Waayne, i'm at 40 days in, would you foliar , or just ride it out?
i got the temps down and it just rained 3inches this afternoon so i'll be good with RH for awhile.
good to see u down here in the basement..

waayne

waayne

Mo I've sprayed 35 days into flower with no problem,but I'm not not sure I'd want to do that much later than that
If I were to do that ,I'd spray a nice foliar a day or so after to wash off the NoMites

What I have done at this stage is to cut a half moon shape in a clean paper plate to use as a a shield and I would go through and methodically spray any leaves I
found infested and any neighboring leaves,the shield kept overspray to a minimum
I avoided spraying cola's as there were no critters there ,only leaves........

From your pics it looks like to me ,some selective spraying could really
reduce their population due to the fact your plants are so healthy and thriving
Here's some evidence that strong organic plants tend to fight off pests pretty well
Those plants are gonna blow up nice and fat even with a few pests...

Your plants are definitely thriving so I'd keep battling those little bastards with some
selective spraying, the alcohol spray is effective as well

Glad you got some rain ,your pond looks much better this year......
Last year was way too dry.....
I hope you keep getting moisture for the outdoor:)

Mogrow

Mogrow

yeah some plants are hit others not so much, one in the corner now is the worse, i'll do a littel "selective spraying".
plants are not looking as good as they were, think my recycled soil was not recycled enough, again this is on some plants and not others. i believe i needed more nitrogen mixed in.
talked with the county extension office about soil tests, if i'mm going to recycle, i think i better start getting tests.
happy fathers day everybody and "GO LEFTY"....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mo, I've sprayed all the way through flower and it has never once caused a problem. I do this indoors and out. I didn't find much love with our county ag extension for soil testing. The labs they sent me to are only interested in soluble NPK and a few other macroelements.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Mo, I've sprayed all the way through flower and it has never once caused a problem. I do this indoors and out. I didn't find much love with our county ag extension for soil testing. The labs they sent me to are only interested in soluble NPK and a few other macroelements.

yeah i sprayed the other day with essential oils, just a couple of plants. Girls have seemed to lost their vigor, some have seeds other than where i put the pollen. bumming....
veg room looking great, neem alfalfa foliar, cilantro foliar also, plus aloe and silica about every water.
here's the big girls
rooms cooled off, this is after 12 hours lights on

FPOG

big goji

that has stalled out somewhat
View attachment 321862

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Stalled, or maybe saying she's done? To my eye, this last one looks like she's nearing the finish line.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Stalled, or maybe saying she's done? To my eye, this last one looks like she's nearing the finish line.

that seed making takes away from cola production. i can see it. i'm just lightly seeded but i can tell the buds aren't gonna get all stacked up. oh well.. i gave them a dose of alfalfa, kelp and compost tea tonight. gave the veg plants a alfalfa, compost, kelp and neem tea, man that one smelt good. took some of that tea to some outdoor plants also, gave them a good foliar of the tea also. busy busy busy

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... I can't say that I've noticed that my seeded girls really produce much less than unseeded/pollinated girls. But then, I tend to just let things happen as they will and only interfere if I see a problem. I can't recall, is this your first seed run?

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Sucks about those mites, but still ... great thread Mo, lot's of cool info.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Hmm... I can't say that I've noticed that my seeded girls really produce much less than unseeded/pollinated girls. But then, I tend to just let things happen as they will and only interfere if I see a problem. I can't recall, is this your first seed run?

indoors it is. not really liking it either, since there"s more than expected:confused:
Sucks about those mites, but still ... great thread Mo, lot's of cool info.
darth // welcome to the basement brother.

so im out looking at the outdoor girls, im getting bite by some many mesquitoes , im not even swatting at them if i don't think i can reach them. my back was like a buffett table for those blood suckers.. pulled over 10 ticks off me too, but that's normal.. ain't no ticks in the basement, no mesquitoes either..
HAPPY SOLSTISE EVERYBODY,, it summertime wooooo whooooooo

420alldaze

420alldaze

looking good brother, everyone seems to be fighting them lil shits off right now. keep at em' brother
42o

Mogrow

Mogrow

looking good brother, everyone seems to be fighting them lil shits off right now. keep at em' brother
42o

how in the hell can they find me in the basement, jezzzzzzzzzzz. now they're in the damn veg room too. but i'm all over them with neem, spinosad and some essential oils.
had gnats in the veg room, ive had them since i had a failed worm farm in the basement. anyway i foliared 3 times with cilantro mix, gants gone. gone. it works it really works, try it...

420alldaze

420alldaze

kool brother, ive had pretty decent results with the 50/50 alcohol mix. best of luck my friend
42o

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
how in the hell can they find me in the basement, jezzzzzzzzzzz. now they're in the damn veg room too. but i'm all over them with neem, spinosad and some essential oils.
had gnats in the veg room, ive had them since i had a failed worm farm in the basement. anyway i foliared 3 times with cilantro mix, gants gone. gone. it works it really works, try it...
Lay your cilantro gnat mix on me. Then, tell me how you get it to grow without bolting at 2" tall, PLEASE!

I hope none of those ticks pierced your skin, I hear from more and more folks who are either dealing with Lyme's, or know someone whose life has been decimated by it.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Awesome thread Mo. Lots of great info and advice goin on here. Hate to hear about them mites but sounds like you got it well under control. You're killin that FAR bro, even with the mites it looks great.... def getting put on the "to do" list. MGG

Latest posts

Top Bottom