• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

Great work
thanks DK
looks dank!
welcome to the basement Shawnskush

you can have the best grow medium in the world but if your enviroment is off your gonna have problems. I run 2 K of HID with adjust-a-wings, the canopy can reach 90 degrees. i have a vent off my central AC ran into my flower room but i'm running the lights at night, for security reasons, and the ac kicks off at night cause its cooler. I had it down to 62 last night and it still kicked off. Looks like im going to have to install a thermostat in the flower room. Bottom line is i have spider mites in the very top of the canopy, i'm 25 days into flower and had to hit the girls with some spinosad and im gonna hit em again in the morning. I looked at one of the leaves near the top of the plants, said hmmm, whats dropping off the ceiling onto my girls, upon further inspection it was those low down mites.:eek:
the spinosad knocked the crap out of them, i feel one more application and then some lavender, rosemary folairs should knock them back.

the veg plants are getting karanja and neem teas, they already have it in the dirt but will apply more. you gotta be proactive here, nip it before it becomes a problem.
happy gardening everybody....

Mogrow

Mogrow

Fuck mites

i know, it kills me to spray spinosad this late but they gotta go.
gave the girls a healthy dose of comfrey and watercress foliar. gave the 2 plants with the mites a spinosad foliar. if not for the mites things would be looking good. Some of the fire alien romulan are yellowing out a little early, may give them a bump of alfalfa or fish emulsion, it's a little late but they can go over 70 days and i'm at about a month in.

wilma pheno of FPOG

goji

betty pheno FPOG, she's got the mites

fire alien romulan, this one has the worse mite problem, largest, closet to light

HL Gunn

HL Gunn

Lookin good Mo.

I apply this product at the start of veg and the start of flower as preventative and it is the best there is. I live in an area that has butt tons of super mites. Everyone gets bugs here it seems. Even in pretty clean environments. In fact that GSC I just got had some bugs. not anymore though.

To late to use it on these girls but use it on future generations and you'll never have to worry about mites again.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Mofoliar, sorry to hear about your mite issues. All those girls are looking good otherwise. I especially like how that Wilma is looking. She has a great structure and looks like she will be a pretty good yielder as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
how much do you dilute the alcohol, do you use the 70% type?
I like to use the 91% when I can find it, but our local stores don't always carry it, so I often end up with the 70%. I start with a dilution rate of 1:1, and will 'thicken' it up to 2:1 (alcohol:water) if the mites are particularly problematic. I've found better relief doing this than the lavender extract/tea that I'd been told would end the problems. I now know that ANY time I plant pole beans, by mid to late season I'm gonna get spider mites. So, I use the pole beans as my treatment experiment plants. The alcohol evaporates pretty quickly, and that's apparently what makes it effective against the mites.

Another way to handle them, slow them down at least, is to seriously raise humidity (80% and above) and lower the temps, down into the 60s. I can NOT recommend this as a viable treatment plan for flowering plants.

PS I recently discovered that Tractor Supply Co. sells iso by the gallon, but you have to give your name and address to buy it in bulk like that. Why? More of our legislators' shenanigans, trying to rein in tweakers.
I have always wondered this...and have always been afraid to try it..lol
Don't be afraid unless I ask you to pull my finger. :D

Mogrow

Mogrow

Nice plants from the future..LOL

amazing isn't it, kinda like magic or something:artist:
They still look great Mogrow .
thanks SCV
Lookin good Mo.

I apply this product at the start of veg and the start of flower as preventative and it is the best there is. I live in an area that has butt tons of super mites. Everyone gets bugs here it seems. Even in pretty clean environments. In fact that GSC I just got had some bugs. not anymore though.

To late to use it on these girls but use it on future generations and you'll never have to worry about mites again.
thanks man . i'll check it out..
Mofoliar, sorry to hear about your mite issues. All those girls are looking good otherwise. I especially like how that Wilma is looking. She has a great structure and looks like she will be a pretty good yielder as well.
i'm going to paint a little pollen on the bottom branch, the male i stuck out in the woods is going off.

Mogrow

Mogrow

I like to use the 91% when I can find it, but our local stores don't always carry it, so I often end up with the 70%. I start with a dilution rate of 1:1, and will 'thicken' it up to 2:1 (alcohol:water) if the mites are particularly problematic. I've found better relief doing this than the lavender extract/tea that I'd been told would end the problems. I now know that ANY time I plant pole beans, by mid to late season I'm gonna get spider mites. So, I use the pole beans as my treatment experiment plants. The alcohol evaporates pretty quickly, and that's apparently what makes it effective against the mites.

Another way to handle them, slow them down at least, is to seriously raise humidity (80% and above) and lower the temps, down into the 60s. I can NOT recommend this as a viable treatment plan for flowering plants.

PS I recently discovered that Tractor Supply Co. sells iso by the gallon, but you have to give your name and address to buy it in bulk like that. Why? More of our legislators' shenanigans, trying to rein in tweakers.

Don't be afraid unless I ask you to pull my finger. :D

thanks seamaiden, i used it last year, still have it in basement, just forgot the ratio.
I like the diluted alcohol 1:1 it works real well. The only thing is don't let any of it get in the soil, i didn't cover the soil well one time and lost six plants within two days after spraying.

Slap
nice to know slap, i'll watch out for that.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Goji day 30

fire alien romulan

veg room

some white strawberry cough going outside, gave them a nice dandelion/watercress foliar tonight.

this is pond near patch where i get water if needed

same pond this time last year// what a difference a year makes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Now wonder you have such great access to so many useful plants! I've joined a wild edible/medicinal plants group, and have been learning so much already, it's pretty wild. E.G. All this Indian manzanita I'm surrounded by? I can make jam or cider with it!

I see yarrow in that picture, bottom left. Do you get horsetail ferns by the pond, too? Even better, looks like you don't have to go on a major hike to access.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
This is a kick ass thread Mo!! I just read this one last night to get caught up. Stellar work bro. That Cheeto Kush you grew is amazing lookin!! Keep on rockin the organic shit homie!;)

Mogrow

Mogrow

Now wonder you have such great access to so many useful plants! I've joined a wild edible/medicinal plants group, and have been learning so much already, it's pretty wild. E.G. All this Indian manzanita I'm surrounded by? I can make jam or cider with it!

I see yarrow in that picture, bottom left. Do you get horsetail ferns by the pond, too? Even better, looks like you don't have to go on a major hike to access.

stinging nettle, dandelion, watercress, comfrey, mullien, it's everywhere. Well the comfrey is now that i planted it.
sm hit the nail on the head as well as slap hate mites for life!!!!:rage: best of luck with those beasts....

Not sure about the yarrow sea, have to check that out. what's good for us is usually good for our plants..
sm hit the nail on the head as well as slap hate mites for life!!!!:rage: best of luck with those beasts....
i'm all over them mites brother..
This is a kick ass thread Mo!! I just read this one last night to get caught up. Stellar work bro. That Cheeto Kush you grew is amazing lookin!! Keep on rockin the organic shit homie!;)
thanks alot Budmuncher, i'll rock the living soil till the cow's come home...
what the hell does that mean"till the cow's come home"? where the hell are the gonna go in the first place, like they went on vacation or something???????

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Out to pasture. They should come home every evening. All the free ranging animals, especially those that need milking, should come home every evening.

I am always amazed to see how quickly fenugreek sprouts. It's just amazing!

Top Bottom