Lockebox and the SpiderFarmer SF2000

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Today makes 3 weeks since the last Bloom topdress and 2 weeks since Azomite topdress. Both gypsum and epsom salts have been fed within the last week.

Was thinking I'd topdress all 3 with both Bloom and Azomite as well as lower the light intensity to 60% to accommodate the tall plant.
I was thinking I'd do maybe 1 tbsp/gallon Azomite and 2 tbsp/ gallon power Bloom.

Plant #1 makes me nervous because she has hardly even begun to flower compared to the other 2 and already looks like she's yellowing. Maybe I should go 3 tbsp/ gal Bloom on her?

That's where I'm at, Or would y'all do something different? @Shaded_One @bigbagofbuds
The pics in my post a couple back were from last night
Whats your PPFD looking like? Ill bet its nice and high, throw at least 3tbsp/gal bloom in there in my opinion. Too much bloom feed will look like a calcium deficiency in my experience so keep an eye out but your plants are looking great!

I didn't see this thread before definitely following along now. I always track days from switching the photoperiod so at 4ish weeks you must have a real long flowering variety that will probably go to 12 weeks at least.

These are my babies at day 32, please excuse the touch of deficiencies hahaha. This is a pure sativa from Ace seeds expecting to go at least 12 weeks. Currently flowering on a 11/13 on/off cycle. This plant was flowered at 8", my first pure sativa, the stretch is crazy, I swear it's still stretching! It will be interesting to see what you get from your plants, dont be afraid to super crop now if you need to get a bit of height.
PXL 20221213 095319537

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I do a 50/50 blend @ 3tablespoons per gallon if I'm getting close to sending them off to flower. (so if you had a 5 gallon pot, that would be 15 tablespoons total of a 50/50 blend of the 444 and 284)

I would do 1-2 tablespoons, not per gallon, of the micronutrients ex. 2 tablespoons each of Gypsum/Epsom/Azomite. Not per gallon on micros!

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I do a 50/50 blend @ 3tablespoons per gallon if I'm getting close to sending them off to flower. (so if you had a 5 gallon pot, that would be 15 tablespoons total of a 50/50 blend of the 444 and 284)

I would do 1-2 tablespoons, not per gallon, of the micronutrients ex. 2 tablespoons each of Gypsum/Epsom/Azomite. Not per gallon on micros!
+1 I only do 1 tbsp epsom and 1 tbsp gypsum every 2 weeks in 3 gallon pots.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Hahaha oops! I imagine I've added enough Azomite for the next couple grows at this point already then 🤣 5 tbsp at the last topdress and 10 tbsp when I amended in 5gals.

As far as gypsum and epsom go though, I've been doing half a tablespoon Epsom each week mixed in the water and have only added one 4 tbsp dose of gypsum to each plant since I got it.

Lol getting there slowly but surely 🤣

Lockebox

Lockebox

Whats your PPFD looking like? Ill bet its nice and high, throw at least 3tbsp/gal bloom in there in my opinion. Too much bloom feed will look like a calcium deficiency in my experience so keep an eye out but your plants are looking great!

I didn't see this thread before definitely following along now. I always track days from switching the photoperiod so at 4ish weeks you must have a real long flowering variety that will probably go to 12 weeks at least.

These are my babies at day 32, please excuse the touch of deficiencies hahaha. This is a pure sativa from Ace seeds expecting to go at least 12 weeks. Currently flowering on a 11/13 on/off cycle. This plant was flowered at 8", my first pure sativa, the stretch is crazy, I swear it's still stretching! It will be interesting to see what you get from your plants, dont be afraid to super crop now if you need to get a bit of height.
View attachment 1311683
Hell yeah man glad to have you here, this thread is a lot greener than the other one was 🤣

As far as ppfd goes, I have no idea I don't have a meter and my phone is too junky for the apps. I've been trying to watch for light stress on that one top and it's been handling a lot better than I thought it would. I know it's got to be pushing that plant harder than I want though. I'll go ahead and do the 3 tbsp/ gallon like you say to be safe.

Man I love the look of those plants! Narrow leaf sativas are what I really want to grow but the stretch and flower times have kept me away. This train is interesting, one of its grandparents is a pure Indica land race so that one plant is acting opposite of what I would expect. Although it's got broad leafs and it's short and squat, it's in week 5 of flower and just beginning to throw pistols LOL.

Lockebox

Lockebox

@bigbagofbuds I've snapped many a branch that healed fine during veg but I've never super cropped with this much flower development. I decided to try and now I'm nervous as a mother f***** 🤣
IMG 20221218 172324242
IMG 20221218 172403391
hahaha and thats not even a good super crop I got scared and bailed 🤣🤣🤣

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

You will see how fast they bounce back and then know their limits that much better. If it pulls back up too much tomorrow just give it a light squeeze back down and it should be all set.

I dont usually super crop much in flower and especially not this late but the sativas do well with it. The indicas I only really super crop to shape before flower then just let the colas form.

Looks like your buds are coming along nicely now!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Fear not man…snap those necks. I have a pair of pliers with electric tape on the jaws that softens up just right without breaking them. cracks the branch very nicely. Might give it a try if she keeps cooking like she is. Going to run some pure sativas indoor myself. Will test your skills, but worth the hassle imo. Good luck. Cheers

Lockebox

Lockebox

Flower day 39.
IMG 20221220 171425664
IMG 20221220 171433866

Issues are progressing it seems but I'm hoping as the recent top dress breaks down that will begin to fix that. I will also continue with the gypsum and epsom salt resuming next week but I'll leave the Azomite alone the rest of the grow.

I also turned the light down to 60% to help lower demand and cope with the colder temps.

IMG 20221220 171403075
IMG 20221220 171514699

IMG 20221220 171408521
IMG 20221220 171536791

#4 (best smelling)
IMG 20221220 171415246
IMG 20221220 171605049

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Have you thought about trying fabric pots out @Lockebox ? They are a lot more forgiving for those who are prone to....over loving their plants :)

Lockebox

Lockebox

Usually when I get that funky, weird, thin, lanky looking growth in the new growth it has to do with my shit watering lol. The price of growing plants while blasted out of your mind most of the time 🧙‍♂️
I'm glad you said that, I've been suspecting my watering too. I keep feeling the urge to water because the topsoil has gone dry. due to the fans and everything else.

but I think that's causing some of my issues; deficiency wise and saggy weird new growth like you said.

I pretty much abandoned lifting the pots to decide when to water, but I'm going to bring it back I think lol.

Too bad I can't get my plants blasted out of their mind to help them cope with my shortcomings 🤣

Lockebox

Lockebox

Have you thought about trying fabric pots out @Lockebox ? They are a lot more forgiving for those who are prone to....over loving their plants :)
Yeah I've got fabric pots and I'm pretty decent about synthetic watering practices just trying to get the hang of keeping organic soil moist all the time in plastic

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Well, here's a little Christmas story from Unc Shaded. Once upon a time (a few months ago) he decided to start up some new seedlings. When it came time to transplant them into larger pots he didn't have enough of his fabric pots. So he decided to use one of his 5 gallon plastic pots, what harm could come? Well let me save you the trials and tribulations of Midge #1 - she suffered a slow horrible death and was starting to grow leaves almost identical to your gal.

The only difference was the plastic pot. Soil was staying soggy and moist on the bottom but dry as a mouse fart on top. I will never use plastic pots for anything except my seedling starters.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Look familiar? Take a real close look at the gal on the far right...in the plastic pot. She got progressively worse until I decided to kill her off. The plant in the bottom left took over as the new Midge and is currently the one I'm flowering out in my 4x4 :p

Lockebox

Lockebox

View attachment 1312883

Look familiar? Take a real close look at the gal on the far right...in the plastic pot. She got progressively worse until I decided to kill her off. The plant in the bottom left took over as the new Midge and is currently the one I'm flowering out in my 4x4 :p
Man, I definitely see it. The way the leaves are curling on that one are identical to my plants, kind of praying kind of curling kind of clawing lol.

Yeah I suspect that's what's happening, the low RH and the air circulation is drying the top soil to dust while the bottom is probably a swamp.

Maybe I'll add a couple inch layer of mushroom compost as a mulch layer. Ive only ever used it in compost tea though so it makes me nervous as it was bought at lowes (pest and stuff)

I've got a grassroots plastic lined 10 gallon fabric pot coming for Christmas 😁

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hell yeah bro! Environmental issues or not….you’ve got a down right beautiful forest on your hands bro!! You adversity to your complications are inspiring man, don’t let curve balls stop you! Maybe the extra stress will make these some potent flowers!!

Lockebox

Lockebox

Hell yeah bro! Environmental issues or not….you’ve got a down right beautiful forest on your hands bro!! You adversity to your complications are inspiring man, don’t let curve balls stop you! Maybe the extra stress will make these some potent flowers!!
Hell yeah man I appreciate that! That means a lot you saying that😁 and yeah I'm hoping so lol! Making the switch to organic it seems like I keep running into wall after wall but I'll get it though! Winters not helping but oh well 🤣

Top Bottom