• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

I'm putting my detective hat on šŸ¤ 

Here is a picture of #4 on the bottom of the plant vs the top
IMG 20221225 174338368
IMG 20221225 172125371

The bottom looks much healthier, greener, and less droopy. This tells me it's something to do with either an immobile nutrient deficiency or possibly light intensity? I don't have a par meter but I've already cranked the light down to 60%.

It could also be watering habits still but I've been working on correcting that so I'm not really too sure. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a bunch of things combined.

I'm going to feed the epsom and gypsum probably tonight and I guess turn the sf2000 down to 50% lol. I bet their ppfd numbers are off the charts šŸ˜…

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Try using your phone to get a lux reading then you can use an online calculator to guestimate the ppfd.

Ive found the plants take a bit of time to respond to the lower light intensity and that the difference between 100% and 85% is pretty exponential so I wouldnt keep dropping the intensity without trying to get more data points first.

I've never seen light bleaching in person and just didn't think it was a thing you would see in reality until I saw it for the first time today. The modern LEDs are strong but the light intensity drops off really fast with distance and dimming.

Get some numbers which even if they are estimates should help guide you.

I have seen the clawing top leaves from a combo of too much light and too much nitrogen but the leaves never went back to normal after changing light intensity and feeds. It kind of makes it a harder guessing game because of that hahaha. I'm sure you will still get good smoke though šŸ»

Lockebox

Lockebox

Try using your phone to get a lux reading then you can use an online calculator to guestimate the ppfd.

Ive found the plants take a bit of time to respond to the lower light intensity and that the difference between 100% and 85% is pretty exponential so I wouldnt keep dropping the intensity without trying to get more data points first.

I've never seen light bleaching in person and just didn't think it was a thing you would see in reality until I saw it for the first time today. The modern LEDs are strong but the light intensity drops off really fast with distance and dimming.

Get some numbers which even if they are estimates should help guide you.

I have seen the clawing top leaves from a combo of too much light and too much nitrogen but the leaves never went back to normal after changing light intensity and feeds. It kind of makes it a harder guessing game because of that hahaha. I'm sure you will still get good smoke though šŸ»
Boo yah bro you just reminded me about the photone app, my wife got a new phone recently and gave me her old one to use for pictures so I can download it on that and try! Need to find an iphone charger though lol

Yeah I know what you mean, when dealing with something like this it's hard to tell when you've corrected the problem because like you said the unhealthy growth will never revert back.

I will say though, the problem has seemed to have paused rather than getting worse so maybe we're on the right track already?

Right on I'll leave the light at 60%. Despite my extreme desire to not, I will be PH'ing my water from now on starting today. Anywhere between 6 and 7 will work for me. Watering in at 5.9 right now cause I overdid the pH down and the tap tested at 7.3 so I'm sure it will balance fine

Lockebox

Lockebox

Flower, Day 54 with a ways to go šŸ˜Ž yellow leaves indicate potency... šŸ§šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…
IMG 20230103 170339035
IMG 20230104 004558603
IMG 20230103 170329695
IMG 20230103 171032511

I could be totally incorrect but I think #2 is growing more like it's bubba lineage and #4 is growing more like the og lineage. I've got no idea on #1 lol she didn't get any pics taken..
IMG 20230104 004612814

IMG 20230103 170232628

I'll be watering all 3 tonight and recently got some buildasoil worm castings, would y'all recommend topdressing some or hold off? I think it would be great because they're supposed to be rich in magnesium and calcium as well as the other goodies I've just heard conflicting things about worm castings in Bloom @Shaded_One @bigbagofbuds

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I wouldn't go around tossing in EWC at this phase but you could if you really wanted to. Save em for the next grow and get that microbial life going from the start :)

Lockebox

Lockebox

I wouldn't go around tossing in EWC at this phase but you could if you really wanted to. Save em for the next grow and get that microbial life going from the start :)
Okay thanks man! Yeah I Topdressed my vegging plants with some last night but I had a feeling I should ask before applying to the flowering plants. Thanks for all the help along the way my dude! Hopefully I'll quit needing it soon haha

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Flower, Day 54 with a ways to go šŸ˜Ž yellow leaves indicate potency... šŸ§šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…
View attachment 1316590View attachment 1316588View attachment 1316591View attachment 1316589
I could be totally incorrect but I think #2 is growing more like it's bubba lineage and #4 is growing more like the og lineage. I've got no idea on #1 lol she didn't get any pics taken..
View attachment 1316593
#4View attachment 1316592
I'll be watering all 3 tonight and recently got some buildasoil worm castings, would y'all recommend topdressing some or hold off? I think it would be great because they're supposed to be rich in magnesium and calcium as well as the other goodies I've just heard conflicting things about worm castings in Bloom @Shaded_One @bigbagofbuds

Okay thanks man! Yeah I Topdressed my vegging plants with some last night but I had a feeling I should ask before applying to the flowering plants. Thanks for all the help along the way my dude! Hopefully I'll quit needing it soon haha
I agree on holding off, the leaves aren't pretty but will hopefully ease up soon. If only flowering was as easy as veg hahaha. Your plants are starting to get thick!

Lockebox

Lockebox

I agree on holding off, the leaves aren't pretty but will hopefully ease up soon. If only flowering was as easy as veg hahaha. Your plants are starting to get thick!
I know haha, I can keep em green in veg! šŸ˜‚ Thankfully though, I think I have a good idea of what I need to do moving forward. Between adjusting the pH and letting the soil dry a lot more than I thought I should, the plants seem much healthier. And hell yeah thanks! Except #1, I don't really take pics of her cause she's larf even up top lol

Lockebox

Lockebox

Week 9 of flower.
IMG 20230107 022102023
IMG 20230107 022236151
IMG 20230107 022142369
crappy pic but #4 is my favorite. They all smell pretty good though, I don't even know how to describe it honestly. They all smell pretty similar but #4 just has that extra OOOF to it haha.
Looks like I might have a 12 week or more variety on my hands. Fine by me, I'm not in any rush. I will be moving sometime though In the next couple months, not sure when, so life might happen šŸ¤·

SSgrower

SSgrower

Oh yeah, the 2 sf1000s ought to rock that 3x3! 200 watts does great imo in 8 ftĀ², surely 1 ftĀ² difference will be hardly noticable! Plus with 2 lights you can probably get a really great coverage instead of slacking off in the corners šŸ¤·

Man I need a new 3x3, then I can turn my two 2x4s into veg/ mom tents with a 3x3 flower tent šŸ¤©
If you can fit a 4x4 or 5x5 do it! I have never regretted getting my Viparspectra 4x4. Cheers SS

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

If you can fit a 4x4 or 5x5 do it! I have never regretted getting my Viparspectra 4x4. Cheers SS
I have a 3x3 and 2 2x4 tents. I havent used a 4x4 but Ive seen many with the extra side doors which alleviates a lot of the problem with the 3x3 where its hard to get into the back when the plants are in heavy flower. Just keep that in mind when you go to upgrade.

Plants are looking good! Excited to see them when they fully fill out!

Lockebox

Lockebox

Chugging along under the sf2000. In the middle of week 9, patiently watching lol.
IMG 20230110 005107679
IMG 20230110 005057946

Fed all, 1 tbsp Epsom and 1 tbsp gypsum each. May try to ride the rest out on water only. Debating a final Bloom feed though

#1 looks the closest to finish but on the downside, I've never seen bud structure like hers. The lowers are like single calyx's strung together and look almost like more work than it's work to smoke.. probably my fault though honestly with the early on overwatering
IMG 20230110 005152046

#2 smelling great, getting frosty
IMG 20230110 005212012

#4 smelling even better
IMG 20230110 005141070

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hell yeah man, a few more weeks and youā€™ll be in trim jail šŸ¤£ that one in the back looks like a Christmas tree! Youā€™ve learned a lot from this grow man, and excited to see the next ones! āœŒļø

Lockebox

Lockebox

Hell yeah man, a few more weeks and youā€™ll be in trim jail šŸ¤£ that one in the back looks like a Christmas tree! Youā€™ve learned a lot from this grow man, and excited to see the next ones! āœŒļø
I appreciate that dude! I definitely learned from error this go around, nothing new šŸ¤£

I'm excited to see how the next grow goes pHing the water and being more mindful of overwatering from the jump.
My last good Green grow was synthetic or my 20 gallon outside organic plants. My recent grows have probably been much more potent but yellow and brown leafs hurt my soul šŸ¤£

Top Bottom