• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
and people quit buying fake crap from amazon..
good grow stores and or the actual company is where to buy stuff for growing from..
industrial quality!!
As good intentioned as this is, some people do not have that luxury. If I buy directly from the manufacturer I’m paying more for shipping than I am the product itself. And not all of us have a local grow store to support.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Honestly if you have a heater in there running safely then just make a swamp cooler and call it a day.

A bucket of water with a rag hanging out of it with good air circulation will get the humidity going.

Combustion heaters will give off water in the exhaust too so keep that in mind.

Amazon used to be a half decent place to get stuff but now it's all just white label junk from Alibaba so I don't both with them too much anymore. Almost all the Alibaba junk is worthless in a year, some of it is good but those you have to really know about before hand. Lots of the grow store stuff can be junk too so just need to do research to get as much info as you can before you throw the cash down. Good advice no matter where you shop really hahaha

Lockebox

Lockebox

Well I do have a heater running in my house but only in the hours I'm home though. My work schedule is crazy so I leave the house at 1:00 a.m. and return at 4:00 p.m. everyday so for those 15 hours there's no heat or fans or anything in the house only what's going on in the tents. Then I come home and crank on the propane heater which raises the temperature and lowers the humidity even more.

As far as temperature goes I'm pretty screwed because I'm living alone currently and I will not leave the heater on when I'm gone. Central heat would be great but oh well

I'm thinking with a humidifier running 24/7 I can at least work on one issue.

@GNick55 this one my mom had isn't giving me too much confidence 🤣 i cleaned it with vinegar though and am fixing to fill it up with distilled and get it going

IMG 20221218 102955011
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Yeah definitely be safe no matter what you do. The swam cooler wont work so well without the heat and air circulation to drive evaporation.

Have you thought about possibly not exhausting 24/7 if thats what you currently do? Just thinking out loud but if the exhaust fan only turned on as needed you might have an easier time keeping temperature up inside the tent and then you could do a small swamp cooler inside the tent instead of a larger one outside.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Yeah definitely be safe no matter what you do. The swam cooler wont work so well without the heat and air circulation to drive evaporation.

Have you thought about possibly not exhausting 24/7 if thats what you currently do? Just thinking out loud but if the exhaust fan only turned on as needed you might have an easier time keeping temperature up inside the tent and then you could do a small swamp cooler inside the tent instead of a larger one outside.
Yeah I am currently exhausting 24/7. I wish I had a controller that would kick it on and off as needed but all my equipment is very base model lol.
I have kind of thought about getting another timer for the exhaust and maybe only exhausting while the lights are on to help with the temperatures but I'm not sure how that will affect everything else humidity and temp wise.

The way all this temperature and humidity stuff goes together is so confusing to me lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I figured it was, Walmart is bad about that. Figured at least I was trying though lol.

I'm sure whatever my mom's got will be just as junky but like I said at least I'm trying haha
Ive got a similar vicks 1 gallon cool mist humidifier. Going on 4 years now and ive never used it right. Always use tap water but i clean it every time i fill it, its really only good for like a 4x4 tent, at most 5x5. But it definitely does the job decently.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Ive got a similar vicks 1 gallon cool mist humidifier. Going on 4 years now and ive never used it right. Always use tap water but i clean it every time i fill it, its really only good for like a 4x4 tent, at most 5x5. But it definitely does the job decently.
Cool man! The free one I got is a cool mist humidifier as well and holds about a gallon.

Awesome to hear it's worked well for you, my living room will probably eat the humidity up but I've got it pointed at this tent with the seedlings so maybe it will do a little something.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Cool man! The free one I got is a cool mist humidifier as well and holds about a gallon.

Awesome to hear it's worked well for you, my living room will probably eat the humidity up but I've got it pointed at this tent with the seedlings so maybe it will do a little something.
I actually havent pulled mine out of my shed yet because with the AC Infinity controller i just set my highs and lows and everything seems to be good, other than the high humidity in the flower tent. Gonna add a dehumidifier to the tent later tonight. Didnt think id need it in winter but im sitting at 45% this year instead of the normal 20-30%

Lockebox

Lockebox

I actually havent pulled mine out of my shed yet because with the AC Infinity controller i just set my highs and lows and everything seems to be good, other than the high humidity in the flower tent. Gonna add a dehumidifier to the tent later tonight. Didnt think id need it in winter but im sitting at 45% this year instead of the normal 20-30%
I think an AC Infinity controller and fan system will be my next big purchase, it seems like so many of my issues could be handled with a little automation lol. One day.

I don't have a temperature / humidity monitor in my flower tent right now but I imagine it's around 20-30% like these seedlings. I would like it to be higher but at least I'm not worried about mold haha. In the summer it's around 45-55% and that seems to do well

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I think an AC Infinity controller and fan system will be my next big purchase, it seems like so many of my issues could be handled with a little automation lol. One day.

I don't have a temperature / humidity monitor in my flower tent right now but I imagine it's around 20-30% like these seedlings. I would like it to be higher but at least I'm not worried about mold haha. In the summer it's around 45-55% and that seems to do well
The best thing ive bought has been the ac infinity fans and controllers. You could also just get a 40 dollar inkbird and set it up that way. Ive heard a lot of great things about them, never used one but a lot of members on here do.

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

I love the Inkbird controllers because they are modular and easy to use. I can move my humidity controller from flowering to drying chambers which is nice. They have been very reliable for me so that gives me piece of mind over an all in one system where if one thing fails it may cause a bigger problem. Not knocking the ac infinity or any other controllers, this is just what works for me in my environment.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Lookout now, the lights been on over an hour and we're about 10% higher than we've been 👍
Lol the plants get much better temps when I'm home on the weekends. The low gets around 57⁰ when I'm at work and the heaters off
IMG 20221218 170037449

sambapati

sambapati

Well I do have a heater running in my house but only in the hours I'm home though. My work schedule is crazy so I leave the house at 1:00 a.m. and return at 4:00 p.m. everyday so for those 15 hours there's no heat or fans or anything in the house only what's going on in the tents. Then I come home and crank on the propane heater which raises the temperature and lowers the humidity even more.

As far as temperature goes I'm pretty screwed because I'm living alone currently and I will not leave the heater on when I'm gone. Central heat would be great but oh well

I'm thinking with a humidifier running 24/7 I can at least work on one issue.

@GNick55 this one my mom had isn't giving me too much confidence 🤣 i cleaned it with vinegar though and am fixing to fill it up with distilled and get it going
This is a Mr Mister, make it sing Kyreelayison for you

Latest posts

Top Bottom