Loco On The Pot: Dabbable Bubble Hash?!? Whaaaaaat...

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Next Saturday, Jan. 31, Brandon Parker from the Mendo-based extraction crew "3rd Gen Family" is leading a day-long solvent-less hash making demo at medical marijuana dispensary Wonderland Nursery in Garberville. "Day-long" means 10 a.m.-4 p.m. And heads up...! Wonderland Nursery is directly behind the Renner Station on Bear Canyon Rd.

This is a "come all show all seminar," where attendees will see "how to wash, zest and dry bubble hash." (Quotes from the 3rd_gen_family Instagram.) Parker is demonstrating his personal technique from start-to-finish, and he's "holding nothing back." You do not need a medical marijuana recommendation to go check out the demo.

Parker makes award-winning solvent-less extracts (a.k.a. cold-water or bubble hash) that you can dab. This is precisely what's fresh about this demo -- he's making bubble that you can dab. You gotta know, dabbing isn't restricted to solvent-derived extracts, like BHO. You can dab bubble too, but it has to have the right consistency. Parker will show you how to get there. (I will vouch for Parker's hash -- it's bomb.)

I caught up with Wonderland Nursery Director of Operations Sarah Hartsoe the other day to learn more about the upcoming demo. Hartsoe's been in the medical marijuana biz for the past five years. According to her, the popularity of bubble hash in that time has been "nonexistent -- pretty much no one asks for bubble hash," she says.

However, Hartsoe says that lately there's been a surge in the popularity of bubble hash because extract artists like Parker are coming out with "full melt" bubble. "Full melt" refers to hash that can be dabbed on a glass rig or an electric nail without leaving any residue or ash. In other words, the hash disappears when you hit it, just like a solvent-derived dab. "So it's nice and clean," she says, "especially with glass-on-glass." (She's referring to dabbing on a quartz nail.)

"The makers of [solvent-less extracts] have really stepped up and made it full melt, and that's where they filled in the gap. People are stopping the BHO and CO2 extractions completely and going back to bubble hash. It's cool again," Hartsoe says. "It went from being something you sprinkled on cannabis or rolled in a joint to something you can dab." And it's a dab you can do with out having to worry about ingesting residual solvents.

Parker's goal is to show that making good-quality, "full melt" hash like this is doable, but please bear in mind that this is a day-long demo. If you want all the ins and outs of his process, show up at 10 a.m. and plan to hang out till 4 p.m. He'll start with "fresh frozen whole plant" material (quote from his 3rd_gen_fam Instagram), and he'll end with full melt solvent-less concentrate.

Hartsoe says the best solvent-less extracts are made from fresh bud, not trim, and certain strains are superior for bubble hash making as well. "You would still want to test your cannabis for mold, fungus and mildew beforehand," she says, but as far as testing for residual solvent, well, that's just something you don't have to worry about with bubble -- there's nothing to purge.

In terms of equipment, some people use straight up washing machines or specially designed hash-making machines (like the Bubble Now) and/or bubble bags (like Boldt Bags). You also need lots of good quality ice and/or dry ice. (Like, if you want to make good beer, you gotta use good water...). Parker's demo will involve both bubble bags and a machine.

"I think it's important for people to know that instead of blasting or using butane or CO2 to make a concentrate," Hartsoe says, "you can do it in a safer, more affordable way. It is healthier and it is safer for the environment. There is less of an impact... There are no cans to dispose of." At the demo, Trim Scene Solutions will have a display of everything you need to make bubble hash, so you can check out some merch. Plus, Pearl Moon from 707 Cannabis College is doing a hand-saving "water demo" for trimmers. Apparently, if you take regular breaks from trimming to dip your hands in super cold or hot water for certain lengths of time, you can prevent strain. Moon will fill you in on the deets.

This is a free event and everyone is welcome, but to make a purchase or to become a member at Wonderland Nursery you need a California doctor's 215 recommendation and California ID. And Hartsoe wants to remind people that Wonderland Nursery is still giving away free CBD clones to patients, so "they can utilize the free clones and start preparing to make a CBD-rich solvent-less concentrate of their own."

For more information, Wonderland Nursery can be reached at 707-923-2175.

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2015/jan/25/loco-pot-bubble-hash-you-can-dab-whaaaaaat/

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Muckman420 Be a good student and make sure you take notes. I would like you to get me dialed on the process if you don't mind. I like the taste of a good clean fragrant bubble. Not sure how to get to full melt tho.

Enjoy the class!!

Muckman420

Muckman420

Fresh frozen flowers cut up, not ground up. He used a half # of flowers to 5 gal RO water per batch with RO Ice. RO is Muey IMPORTANTE!

First pop the inner grates off for a better final product, they are just under the lid on the inside of the bubble machine
this is a 20 gal machine.

Use the 220u bag set, with the work bag! Ice does not enter the bag! this is very important so you bust the trichome heads

Run the machine on soft for 9-12 min each wash, you can run the flowers until they quit producing resin, when the hash starts looking grainy it's used up. It is also important to let the flowers soak 45 mins after each wash, this gets very time consuming. Depending on strain you can do this up to 8 washes or when all the trichomes come off. After each wash, use a Hudson sprayer or similar with a very soft spray and collect your patties Put them on Parchment paper not Wax paper.

Using the silk naps and a few paper towels press dry patties lightly then stick in the freezer on glass for an hour up to 8 hours untill hash is stiff.

Zesting
Use multiple micro planes roughly 20 stick them in the freezer,put your hands in ice water for a moment dry them, pull a patty and a planer and lightly zest the patty until it starts to stick to the planer, put the patty in the freezer again and get your hands cold again and grab the patty and a new planer and repeat until all patties are done, DONT forget to label you're microns guys! Use a cooling rack or something similar under a tent, keep this tent at 50 degrees and 30% humidity, until dry, different strains very in drying time.

Wash everything before the hash clings to everything and repeat for more

His end results

He will be at the cup with hash, and I got his phone number just in case I missed a step.

Muckman420

Muckman420

Edit for my last post, no ice in the bag so you do NOT bust the trichome heads... I hate auto correct and the

I also skipped a step,

Use the 220u bag set, with the work bag! Ice does not enter the bag! this is very important so you DONT bust the trichome heads

Run the machine on soft for 9-12 min each wash, you can run the flowers until they quit producing resin, when the hash starts looking grainy it's used up. It is also important to let the flowers soak 45 mins after each wash, this gets very time consuming.

Add up in here^^^^

From the machine after each wash all your stuff goes in here
This is when you use the sprayer to rinse the hash to to center of the bags to collect. Reuse your RO water pouring it back into the wash machine, add ice as needed until complete! Happy hash making every one!

Muckman420

Muckman420

Edit for my last post, no ice in the bag so you do NOT bust the trichome heads... I hate auto correct and the

I also skipped a step,

Add up in here^^^^

View attachment 481507 This is when you use the sprayer to rinse the hash to to center of the bags to collect. Reuse your RO water pouring it back into the wash machine, add ice as needed until complete! Happy hash making every one!
This is what the flowers are in when in the wash machine, remember they can be ran more than once!

Muckman420

Muckman420

I have made bubble before, but the huge difference in his technique is the way he seperated the trichomes from the buds. I have never seen it done like this, the zesting and the washing and the fact you can run the plant matter til the wheels fall off " literally"

I couldn't find a bank and was too fuckin tired anyway to smoke hash all day, so I will pick some up at the cup. Very informative bro, I'm happier than a pig in shit. Thanks for letting me know about it, we may have never learned this if I didn't go.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

I also skipped a step,

Add up in here^^^^

View attachment 481507 This is when you use the sprayer to rinse the hash to to center of the bags to collect. Reuse your RO water pouring it back into the wash machine, add ice as needed until complete! Happy hash making every one!

@Muckman420 Thanks for hooking us up man.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Very nice note taking, thanks for sharing @Muckman420 ! Definitely reassures me to know the techniques I've already been piecing together are used by frenchy and 3rd gen:) I've watched plenty of YT videos and read tutorials but hearing it from the masters must have been something really special!

Top Bottom