Lollipopping: When and How Much?

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stonestacker

stonestacker

So can I just cut the bottom branches of or some of them or just prune the leaves of the branches
Both.
If the branch is long enough I leave the buds that will get good light and cut the rest off. If not that long chop chop. I hate trimming popcorn.

JMFM

JMFM

I'm not sure I'm a pretty new farmer this is my first plant with a 30 gallon pot and led light so I guess I'll see.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

You sure do but im a first time indoor grower and wasn't sure I was even going to lollipop but I have seen and read so much on it that it was a no brainer

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Think of it like this.

If you leave all the lower larf (aka useless garbage), the plant has to use its energy growing that useless bottom parts vs spending that energy on the upper top part of the plant. This allowing for bigger colas.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Makes all the sense in the world ...I have grown out door but never inside and boy how different the 2 are but I'm now starting to have fun where as I was so worried before

B

budfactorX

OK, first of all I think everyone tends to forget that marijuana is a weed as is very resilient and strong. I personally don't worry about shocking the plant as I feel it's good for it to struggle a bit. I would go ahead and defoliate (i.e. removing as many leaves as necessary to get light to the whole plant. I'm attaching some more pics. These images were taken today and the plants were defoliated again yesterday at 10 days into flower. The plants were so think that i couldn't see inside of them. Of course, everyone has their own opinion about pruning and the effects of but that's as it should be. I would suggest that you do what you're comfortable with:)
Peace
Mate it's not a weed.

John Coward

John Coward

Mate it's not a weed.
Mate it's not a weed.[/QUOTE I'm not sure what category I label marijuana in. If you look at a tobacco plant it grows in a very similar matter and that's considered a weed.. Man has genetically altered every food source or crop that is planted.. corn would not grow if farmers didn't change the gmo structure unless it's growing out on its on in the wild chances are it's gmo'd some way shape or form

John Coward

John Coward

Thought i had all kinds of deficiencies when it was a whole time spider mites (aka) aasholes lol
I'm in the same boat literally fucked myself... i sat down and thought to myself for a few days on this subject and forgot that I'm a guy trying to get this female to cooperate and she's being a fickle bitch and just letting me kno she ain't having any of my shit because im still sloppy showing her off to the boys and letting all shit flees in.. so until I treat this bitch right no it's not a weed it's a bitch. But I tell you what that weed turns into all said and done is straight happiness. But right now I'm fuckin with bitches

C

collin1212fu

hey, my plants are 2 weeks in after the flip to 12/12 outdoor, from a 24/0 grow tent, why havnt buds started forming and only barely hairs? I have multiple strains growing.

Top Bottom