lookin for any house and garden users

• Thread starter maddox420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maddox420

maddox420

Mine are still lookin Really good but I do got somethung going on here's a few pics

20131021 102510
20131021 102606
Mikenite69

Mikenite69

I would almost bet to say that there could be 3 things going on with your plants. 1st looks like a cal/mag issue. 2 you are most likely nute locked, 3 the ph of your soil could be way out of whack. The first step I would try for the first couple of days would be either some epson salt or like jacks hydro granular food and foliar spray them for a couple of days and see if that helps with the cal/mg issue.The reason i say foliar feed is because most likely your plant is nute locked. If that doesn't work I would flush your plants and on the last gallon you put through them use a light feed. I think you want your run off to be in the 6.2 range. I hope this helps you.

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Actually now I looked at the pics more I would say 100% that cal/mg is locked out and your ph is way out of whack and that's why your leaves are brown and burnt on the edges. Also how long has this been going on for? That would also help determin what exactly it is.

maddox420

maddox420

Only a couple days last time I watered ph was 6.2 I did add cal-mag last watering only 2 ml and its mostly on lower leaves

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Ok first I would say you are most likely experiencing nute lock out. Also you want to check your ph at run off. So I would flush your medium or you are gonna suffer in your yield on the last gallon you run through it make sure to run a half solution mix so the plant has food to eat. But what I would do is flush your medium and check your run off to make sure it is at 6.2. Also make sure your ph meter is calibrated because sometimes they need to be recalibrated. Also IMO that just because your feed you are feeding is at 6.2 doesn't mean your soil is at the same ph so flush that shit ASAP. Hope this helps. peace mike

maddox420

maddox420

Thanks for your helo bro I'm gonna try a few things ill let You know how it goes

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

No problem. I'll tell ya the truth I use to grow in pro-mix and always added slow release lime into the mix and never use to adjust my ph because the slow release lime is a natural ph buffer as well as soil should be. IMO ffof I have heard of a lot of people having ph fluctuation growing in fox farm soil. I used the brand new pro-mix that came out like a year ago that had nitrogen added to the soil and I hated it I was having nute burn issues and all sorts of problems so needless to say I don't even use soil with food added to it anymore. I also switched to coco which is a little more labor intensive but I love it so much more than any soil I have ever grew in. Just my 2 cents. Well I hope it works out for ya but I would definitely flush your medium before its to late this way you can get your soil in check ph wise and any nute lockout you could be experiencing. Peace mike

maddox420

maddox420

I added some garden lime and I'm gonna go out right now and buy about 15 gallons of ro water I was tap water now with a ph of about 8.0 I always bubble it for a few days first thing I'm gonna do is flush

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Good that should help you a lot. Also make sure you are flushing with your ph at 6.2 and also make sure that your run-off when you are finished is as close to 6.2 as you can get it. After that just let it go for a few days and you should see a big improvement then u can go about your normal regimen again. Also make sure to recalibrate your ph meter because I have heard of a lot of people having issues because there Ph meter was off calibration. Peace mike

Greenjean

Greenjean

I have been using Aqua Flakes for over 3 years now and love it. I use about half strength base nutes through out growing.
I have just tweaked it a little on the base nuts, but am totally for the Bud XL and shooting powder, Never have to worry about any burning, as I have with Moab & Bloombastic(they were free, so I tried them out)

My tray stays green from the moment the lights are switched until harvest, 9 wks later.

By the way, did I say I love H&G

I am also of fan of Roots Excelrator. Never clone w/out it

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I have been using Aqua Flakes for over 3 years now and love it. I use about half strength base nutes through out growing.
I have just tweaked it a little on the base nuts, but am totally for the Bud XL and shooting powder, Never have to worry about any burning, as I have with Moab & Bloombastic(they were free, so I tried them out)

My tray stays green from the moment the lights are switched until harvest, 9 wks later.

By the way, did I say I love H&G

I am also of fan of Roots Excelrator. Never clone w/out it

Ive also been using aqua flakes for a few years, most of the time i used shooting powder. Last run i used hammerhead moab combo, dropped my base nutes down to compensate, and i had the biggest swollen buds ever. when running moab bombastic, did u drop ur base nutes down? what was ur Ec/ppm at that time.

confu

G

gooey

Hey confuten, how low did you drop your base when you hit them with moab? I forgot to mention earlier, and i noticed today once again how much Bud xl does work. I have used the whole lineup at once but did not notice a huge benefit from the other components. puff puff pass

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I will get as high as 11ml per A & B in first couple weeks of flower by week 3-4 I'll drop the A to bout 5-6 ml and B at 10ml I'll add hammerhead starting at 4 ml per gal and Moab at 5ml per 5gal. That'll put me at about 2.2ec. And I'll up Moab and hammerhead and max out on my ec 2.6 bout week 6-7, always watching my runoff. By week 6 on a 9 week strain my part A isdown to about 4ml and my B stays at 10ml.
Hope that helps.
Confu

maddox420

maddox420

I think I'm having a cal mag deffiency in not sure if its gettin locked out or what my ph is always around 6.2 are you adding cal mag

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

What kind of lights are u running? Also do you use reverse osmosis water? If you are using any filtered water then yes you most likely will have cal/mag issues if you are not added it if you are growing with l.e.d lights and u are not adding cal/mag then yes you will have cal/mag issues if you also flushed your soil the way I told u to and making sure u fed them on the last gallon ran through the medium and also making sure your soil run off was 6.3 u shouldn't be locked out of anything that's the whole purpose of a flush to correct deficiency's.

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Also u can make sure you feed constantly at 6.3 in soil or ffof doesn't mean that your soil will stay at that ph that is why Maddox I been telling you to flush it and when you grow in ffof u should once in a while run a little extra water so u get a little run off when you feed or water so u can collect it and check ph and ppm. My last grow I grew in promix and never once adjusted ph the whole grow and had no issues or deficiencys at all because of the natural buffers in soil with added lime. Plus I have heard that the quality of ffof and ocean forest has been shit lately. Peace mike

G

gooey

Thanks alot for the reply confu, you and jk are the only people ive seen mention running 2 parts b to 1 part a. Got me real curius to try this. My shit is always so green, but i worry if i back off ill be low on pk. Sounds like you guys are onto something. I personally have been feeding up to 14 ml thru week 3 then down to 10 ml weeks 4-6. Think I'm gonna drop it even more tho possibly try your 2:1, just nervous to try it on a full crop to be honest. Might throw in MOAB at 1ml per gallon but still nervous to try anything new to be honest. Hard to fix shit that aint broke. ANyways thanks again for your reply, love talkin with fellow h@g users. stay up

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Thanks alot for the reply confu, you and jk are the only people ive seen mention running 2 parts b to 1 part a. Got me real curius to try this. My shit is always so green, but i worry if i back off ill be low on pk. Sounds like you guys are onto something. I personally have been feeding up to 14 ml thru week 3 then down to 10 ml weeks 4-6. Think I'm gonna drop it even more tho possibly try your 2:1, just nervous to try it on a full crop to be honest. Might throw in MOAB at 1ml per gallon but still nervous to try anything new to be honest. Hard to fix shit that aint broke. ANyways thanks again for your reply, love talkin with fellow h@g users. stay up

Word up Gooey, JK put me up on mute mixes and formulas and such. Try mixing it up ull like the results, bottom line is plants don't need all that N in flower and part A has a lot of N. Do u have a EC /ppm moniter, do u check ur runoff.

Confu

J

Jalisco Kid

If you guys are in a legal state why don't you hook up with a lab and have your leaves analyzed. I was paying 45 a sample a few years back. You learn and your plants will thank you.
Take the weight off your bottles and run it thru a nute calculator. In a chow grow I liked agua flakes over their hydro mix.
At six weeks if my plant was glowing green color I would think I was doing something wrong. JK

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
can someone tell me what the difference between aqua flakes and coco is ? i was at the hydro store yesterday and looked at the bottle and the coco and aqua flakes are exactly the same as per the npk% and the derived from ingredients

Top Bottom