lookin for any house and garden users

• Thread starter maddox420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gooey

Hey mike, i was just going off the database were they have to register their products. They don't list any Cal on their, ill have to check my bottle like you said. Just weird they don't list it on the database.

J

Jalisco Kid

Hey JK, i have not heard of getting leaves analyzed. Are they able to determine the amounts of certain nute levels present? Or are you talking more about sap ph and brixx levels? Also when you say take the weight off your bottles into a nute calculator can you explain this a little more, not sure i understand? Are you talking breaking it down into elemental ppms? Hey OBS, they are exactly the same according to the Cali fertilizer product database, except the aqua flakes has slightly more Mg. Neither formula lists any Ca, which i find very interesting. Puff puff pass
You can pay to have your micros and macs tested. They can test your roots/water for pathogens also. Yes if you take your net weight of the bottles you can run that with the min. guaranteed analysis and figure out your ppm's . You can use the calc to play with mixes of a anb b. or see what happens when you add additives.
Took this off their site
House & Garden’s Aqua Flakes A&B is a two part base nutrient designed for recirculating hydroponics systems. Aqua Flakes A&B liquid formulation contains no bulking agents or additional additives. House & Garden’s Aqua Flakes A&B nutrient provides the plant with high quality nutrition during the growth and flowering periods. Aqua Flakes A&B is composed of liquid main and trace elements and contains no bulking agents like solid fertilizers. Our liquid formulation is 100% water soluble and its unique composition assists with the transfer of nutrients from the root zone into the foliage. Application dosage may be adjusted to both normal and aggressive strengths.
Derived From: Calcium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Nitric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Phosphoric Acid Anhydride, Magnesium Sulfate.​
We add K sulfate during flower and K nitrate during 1st two weeks and last two weeks. Also we ran it with a lot of fulvic acid.​

G

gooey

Thanks a lot for your reply JK. Ive looked for a testing place in my state, no luck yet, still looking. I did notice on the bottle it appears there is calcium in it, yet the guaranteed analysis does not list any. That seems like ti would pose a problem with the nute calc in terms of that element. Were you using salts to mix your own K sulfate and K nitrate or do you prefer a certain brand? Also with the fulvic do you prefer a certain brand or just high quality? Thanks again for your time, take care.

Greenjean

Greenjean

I switched over to the Bio-1 component for soil after I ran out of the soil a & b. It is just easier to use 1 bottle, than messing with both.

I have been using h&g for over 4 years, and one of the things I like about it is that I have NEVER had any issues with deficiencies. It is why I love it so much. I use the whole line, except drip clean, and their newer products like amino treatment & nitrogen boost.

I also run aqua flakes for my hydro and once again I never have any issues.

I wonder if one of your bottles of base nute is a bad bottle; it had frozen, been exposed to high heat, etc....
Also I know this is a silly question, but do you shake up the bottles before you measure out and stir the water really good before adding another nute in?

J

jaybudding

If you are running CoCo and RO water you must add cal-mag I use this line up. H&G just put out the nitrogen and im just starting to test it if you use it do you still have to use cal-mag. Has something to do with the coco sucking up the magnesium and the ro filter removing the calcium?

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Ya I think what happens in coco is that it holds a lot of calcium which will lock out nitrogen if it's not balanced out. I am almost sure about this. Peace mike

Top Bottom