lookin for any house and garden users

• Thread starter maddox420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
can someone tell me what the difference between aqua flakes and coco is ? i was at the hydro store yesterday and looked at the bottle and the coco and aqua flakes are exactly the same as per the npk% and the derived from ingredients

Sup Solie, coco has more cal in it. I don't kno exactly why (mabe it's chelated different) but aqua flakes tends to do better in a Rez over a few days than the coco does, at least in my experience. I'm in coco an been using aqua flakes for years for that reason. I jus add a lil more cal when needed.
Confu.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
If you guys are in a legal state why don't you hook up with a lab and have your leaves analyzed. I was paying 45 a sample a few years back. You learn and your plants will thank you.
Take the weight off your bottles and run it thru a nute calculator. In a chow grow I liked agua flakes over their hydro mix.
At six weeks if my plant was glowing green color I would think I was doing something wrong. JK

Yea that's a good idea JK, sounds affordable. I've learned to jus let the plants tell me what they want, I been running the same strain for a couple years and messed with the formula during flower had shitty and great results, by know I know where they should be by what week and when they need more of something. Using a lab years ago woulda saved time but then again once I got the results back, I'd have to decifer them, and after all these yrs growing, I'm not sure exactly what amt PPm per nPK etc is nessissary. Never messed with a Nute calculator. I've jus seeing to many mistakes by seasoned gardeners switching to making there own nutes or run mix match of Jacks salts. To risky for my taste.
Confu

J

Jalisco Kid

Use the samples to compare. You can use bottled nutes don't have to mix your own. When you see buds you like look at the analysis,and your logs to see how you got there. Have a sick plant look at the analysis to see whats lacking. If you have a 20K room it definitely pays for it's self. JK
Also if you run you bottled nutes thru a cal. you would know what your ppms were for each of your mac and micros in your formula. That would be a good start to know whats going on. A couple of nute samples will give you an idea what your girls are removing and might need a little bit more of or what you are over feeding. Might help you tweak that a and b mix a little.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Use the samples to compare. You can use bottled nutes don't have to mix your own. When you see buds you like look at the analysis,and your logs to see how you got there. Have a sick plant look at the analysis to see whats lacking. If you have a 20K room it definitely pays for it's self. JK

I see said the blind man! That makes sense.
Always solid with the info, thnx
Confu

maddox420

maddox420

I just did a light feeding checked my run off one was 6.1 the other one was 6.2 and it seems like the problem is progressing even more so I'm basicly stumped here's a few new pics the one of the back of the leaf the red is starting to work its way through the underside of leaf

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I just did a light feeding checked my run off one was 6.1 the other one was 6.2 and it seems like the problem is progressing even more so I'm basicly stumped here's a few new pics the one of the back of the leaf the red is starting to work its way through the underside of leaf
that sounds like ur PH not ur EC/ppm, 6.1-6.2 PH is fine( although there is a better way to check ph in coco than the runoff) what kind of meter do u have?
confu

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Hey Confu he is in ffof soil just a heads up. Well Try adding some cal/mag because your problem by the leaves kinda looks like a cal/mg deficiency! But if you are locked out the best way to do it would be to foliar feed with a little epson salt of if you have cal/mg that will correct the defiency quicker especially if cal/mg is locked out. Peace mike

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Hey Confu he is in ffof soil just a heads up. Well Try adding some cal/mag because your problem by the leaves kinda looks like a cal/mg deficiency! But if you are locked out the best way to do it would be to foliar feed with a little epson salt of if you have cal/mg that will correct the defiency quicker especially if cal/mg is locked out. Peace mike

my bad maddox, thnx for correcting mike

confu

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Also I would lay off your base nutes until you straighten out the cal/mg issue looks like you have nitrogen burn but also I am almost positive that to much N will lock out cal/mg in flower. So I would not feed the plants any nitrogen you should be dialing it back by now anyways. But to me looks like a cal/mg issue that has gotten way to far.

J

Jalisco Kid

What is your ppm and pH going in,size of container, and how much are you running thru? JK

maddox420

maddox420

I'm in ffof under a 600 hps I'm using the full line of h@g nutes and additives I did add lime but it was the pelletizzed but I crushed it up last grow had same problem around the same time 3 week of flowering for a ph meter its a millawike

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Maddox have you been adding cal/mg at all? U most likely should it really looks like you have a cal/mg issue that is really bad now. Start foilar feeding with epson salt or cal/mg and in a few days it should clear up if you runoff is 6.1 to 6.3 and from the pic of you leaves one page back it looks like a bad cal/mg issue. Post up some new leaf shots that will help a lot. Peace mike

J

Jalisco Kid

I would do as some suggested and foliar spray. If that idea bothers you, mix up a batch of mag to 3-400 ppm pH to 6.0 and spray one branch. See what happens. Or if you have a bunch of plants run two gal of it through one. Or better yet do both and see which one reacts quicker for you. I hate knee jerk reactions but sometimes you need to move in a direction even if it might be wrong,as long as your learning. JK

G

gooey

Hey JK, i have not heard of getting leaves analyzed. Are they able to determine the amounts of certain nute levels present? Or are you talking more about sap ph and brixx levels? Also when you say take the weight off your bottles into a nute calculator can you explain this a little more, not sure i understand? Are you talking breaking it down into elemental ppms? Hey OBS, they are exactly the same according to the Cali fertilizer product database, except the aqua flakes has slightly more Mg. Neither formula lists any Ca, which i find very interesting. Puff puff pass

maddox420

maddox420

I'm about 30 days into flowering think it would be safe to folier feed with cal mag or no

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Yes u can foliar feed u are only 30 days in also if you get any residue u can always mist the plants down and get it off with plain water. Just get that issue under control first before u suffer drastically in yield and potency. Peace mike

maddox420

maddox420

Alright I got some boticanicare cal mag plus I'm give them spray tonight thanks for your help ill let you know how it goes

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Hey gooey look at both bottles One has mg and one has calcium on the a&b the a has calcium and the b has magnesium u have to look way down the bottle under the npk listing. Peace mike

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

Also Maddox you will most likely have to spray for a couple of days so make sure you keep your spray bottle handy with the right amount of cal/mg mixed for that size bottle. Peace mike

Top Bottom