Looking for help on my first grow

• Thread starter Closetfarmer81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Yes, dry brown spots and it looks like the leaf beside it is starting to how a little as well.
If you have a magnifying glass or good zoom on your phone take some good pics of the two plants without moving them. Want to see if it’s bugs or damage.

You rub it or scrape it at all? I did something like that putting a SCROG net up once but otherwise can’t think what would do that over night without you knowing? Nute burn would not be on just one leaf unless you spilled.

@GNick55 i don’t want to hang him up with a bad diagnosis. You mind 👀

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Also, I’ve been reading, scary thought right, and due to my limited grow space I need to control the height of my plant to keep away from the light and limit leaf curl. My question, wouldn’t scrog be considered a method of super cropping?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Also, I’ve been reading, scary thought right, and due to my limited grow space I need to control the height of my plant to keep away from the light and limit leaf curl. My question, wouldn’t scrog be considered a method of super cropping?
others will be here soon i have to go to work..

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

They share tactics but are different.

To SCROG you need a net or trellis to lay on top and tuck every thing under. Usually TOP, FIM, & LST first.

Super cropping is a high-stress training technique, like HST, that involves pinching and bending branches to damage the inner fibers while leaving the outer lining intact.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

@Closetfarmer81

The leaves noted look dry and crispy? Anything near that area that would cause it? Was the light closer then moved? Space heater near it?

As it’s a node or two down it looks like it happened a while back. Keep an eye on it for spreading but I think it’s gone and recovered?

BYW - Old damaged or yellowed leaves don’t recover. I either remove or cut off the nongreen parts.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

@Closetfarmer81

The leaves noted look dry and crispy? Anything near that area that would cause it? Was the light closer then moved? Space heater near it?

As it’s a node or two down it looks like it happened a while back. Keep an eye on it for spreading but I think it’s gone and recovered?

BYW - Old damaged or yellowed leaves don’t recover. I either remove or cut off the nongreen parts.
Yea, the light used to be much closer. I think that was the problem. I have since moved it and increased air circulation.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

If the relative humidity (RH) is 43%, it's too low for the vegetation stage of growth. Use the vapor-pressure deficit (VPD) chart to see the best growing RH and temperature. According to the chart, for a temperature of 78F, the RH should be about 60%. @Closetfarmer81, do you have a humidifier for inside your tent? There are also controllers available (such as from Ink Bird), that keep the tent within a set range of RH.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Ok a lot of questions in this one. I just started my second week in the FF nute feeding schedule and just have the first feeding with grow big. The I am only watering twice a weeks, both with nutes at a half a gallon each feeding. Shouldn’t I consider altering this?

Also, the schedule isn’t clear on which week to switch the flower? I know I have a ways to go, just wondering what week should I make the switch?

So my baby is getting pretty bush and I’m pruning as I go. My second node def isn’t gonna get much light and it’s kinda girthy. Should I cut em? And should I cut the node that has burn damage on it?

6F36CC1E 9924 4891 B97C 980C63234FD0
Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Ok a lot of questions in this one. I just started my second week in the FF nute feeding schedule and just have the first feeding with grow big. The I am only watering twice a weeks, both with nutes at a half a gallon each feeding. Shouldn’t I consider altering this?

Also, the schedule isn’t clear on which week to switch the flower? I know I have a ways to go, just wondering what week should I make the switch?

So my baby is getting pretty bush and I’m pruning as I go. My second node def isn’t gonna get much light and it’s kinda girthy. Should I cut em? And should I cut the node that has burn damage on it?
@Zombierider @Zen_Seeker @GNick55
Send help!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok i’m here.. update me..
so many threads i get mixed up.. busy with my grow.. anyhoo..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
no need to cut anything off.. you seem to be doing fine following their schedule.. just continue just give less than what they say.. like half or 3/4..

Latest posts

Top Bottom