Looking For Ideas For Trellis

• Thread starter Randog3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I was going to use my buddies scrog system.

He used 4 ratchet pulleys you get at the grow store .
Framed a square and used concrete wire. I believe they are 4" squared.
He has the scrogs suspended by the air cooled hoods at a set distance.
When the plant grows he just raises the lights with the pulley and that automatically raises the scrog attached to it.

Junk

Junk

I saw a rig on a street light off of the freeway that gave me an idea. The street light bulbs that must be ten stories in the air are on a cable and pulley system. When the lights burn out they lower them down the pole to change them.

My problem with Scrog is that I would like to use it to Supercrop but there is no way to accurately gauge how much the stretch will be so the height is not always optimal for supercropping and having it rest on the top of the scrog.

When I get into my new place I am going to try building an adjustable height scrog out of pvc. That way I can adjust the height two weeks into the stretch and rest the supercropped stems on the scrog.
Yeah, you basically need to mainline top it....& keep any other growth you deem worthy if the even canopy is crucial.

I'm slamming them with so much light the canopy differences don't matter as much. Now that I've actually done it, I realize that 100w per ft2 is a ton of light. I never put that much thought into what it would = for typical spaces. But now, in a 5x10, I'm just a hair over 5,000 watts....it's a lot of friggin light.

By super cropping do you mean you let the plant grow as normal, & you pinch the top, to slow it down, so that the side branches catch up? (That's what it means to me, & it's consistent with your statement)

Yeah, that way you end up with less even a canopy, because when the stretch hits, you can't tell with 100% certainty what is going to stretch to the full length, or what will stay smaller. That's why some my space in the group pic appears empty. I don't want it to be... but that part of the plant, I thought it would stretch to the full length, but I was wrong.

It was ready to flip, wasn't much more I could do, but each time, I'll be trying to do a better job with that.

If I was perfect at it, I would be running 7" scrog holes, so that I would have good spacing. But I know I'm not, so I run 4". It gives me good spacing at the ratio of fully stretched stalks & less stretched.

Even if I could predict it with 100% certainty, I like my lower nugs, so i would keep some in there anyway.

Are you opposed to topping?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

When I supercrop I like the canopy about a foot above the scrog, I like to lollypop everything below the scrog and then pinch the stem at the same level as the scrog and then lay the damaged stem across the scrog strings.

If done correctly the broken branches small buds and the main cola curve up and grow towards the light. The smaller buds start to resemble cola buds and the canopy looks like it is nothing but hundreds of main cola buds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see what you mean now...I didn't realize you meant "trees" literally lol, those are massive. Looks like almost 6'.
More like 8'. My goal was to keep everything a workable height, lower than 10'. I'm 5'1" tall, so a 10' tall plant on a slope like we have can be a real bitch to tend to.

Pigwire is a workable, less expensive substitute. You do have to be careful around those welded joints, they can snag your clothes and cut your skin. But other than that they're quite rigid and make a great cage IME.

If tomato cages were $2/ then I wouldn't have switched to conduit and pigwire cages for my tomatoes.

sedate

sedate

It was...sigh, I loved that car. But sadly, I have a seizure disorder that is hard to control. I've had 4 seizures while driving. If I had a seizure while driving that car, I'm not going to walk away. It's a 9 second car.

Aw thats a shame. Definately prolly better to have a more - sedate - car.

Make ya feel any better - this was in like 08 but it still stings a bit when I think about it - a crazy ex grabbed at the wheel through an intersection and got my 03 WRX slammed into a shitty '85 Tacoma at like 50.

As you might guess from my avatar though - all my money was in the stereo. :)

@Junk

I could quote through your post but its all so organized and thought out. I pretty much agree - and I def appreciate your thoughts regarding supporting larger structures - I will certainly give that some thought when it comes up again.
I guess I saw the OP talking 5x5 and you talking wood-working and got lil concerned.

Construction speed would be a wash. In my case, anyway, if you were using those ratchet cutters, tapping the top rail, putting all the screws in it, tying the string etc. It's a plain table design on a level surface. I just cut all all the pieces, I have a nail gun, then just staple the trellis on (advantage to wood). It's just what you are used to, or setup to work with. If you don't have construction equipment, PVC is cheaper, lighter, simpler.

I dunno. For some reason every time I fuck with wood it takes me hours. I try to avoid where I can. But like you said - what you are used to.

I tried a nailgun but it shot the nails through the PVC and I couldn't really get a clean durable tie-off with one.

I dunno if this will sound bad - but I only restring those trellis' every year or so..

But now, in a 5x10, I'm just a hair over 5,000 watts....it's a lot of friggin light.

So what PPM's are you running like that? You don't get a bleached out canopy? I have 6kw in my main grow room and usually I have them turned down to 60 - 75% lest I get a lil yellow burn circles under the bulbs..

Last edited:
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Yes sir...8" AMS. It's not made for the STI, the intercooler is stock, but we had to fab up all the connections.

It was...sigh, I loved that car. But sadly, I have a seizure disorder that is hard to control. I've had 4 seizures while driving. If I had a seizure while driving that car, I'm not going to walk away. It's a 9 second car.

I would make it out of PVC if I had a bunch of PVC laying around, but I don't. Plenty of copper & pex lol, but no PVC.

But i could build that frame just as fast as a PVC one. Same tools, plus I have nail guns. But the reason it's wood is just because I had 2x4 laying around, no other reason. For me, it's staying where it is, so the weight doesn't matter. Plus with the width I tried, I knew I was going to need to be able to stand on it. Next run, I'm going to make it 42" or so instead of 60".

Whenever I'm involved buddy, there is always whispers of "stud" ;)

No, because in the original post he wanted to make 5'x5's, & I said, with the layout he/she has, I would make several long scrogs. He has room to walk down all the aisles, so just make long thin ones. He said 3'x3' trays. I can see at least 6 of them, which = 18 ft. They don't actually look square, but I'm assuming he is accounting for the space in between. No PVC (single or two 9'ers) is going to span 18' without some intermittent T fittings to accommodate PVC "studs." 6' starts to get floppy, 18' will droop like an elderly testicle (how's that for an image lol) This is the best way to explain what I mean...

View attachment 569485

I don't know how much the OP knows about construction. So if he followed my advice & just made several long PVC frames, & if is 16' - 18' or so, he will need support studs. If his top rail is like the picture above (blue arrow) he is going to need support studs below it (yellow arrows). A few simple T fittings on the bottom & top rail & it will be nice & sturdy. That's all. Unless you plan on standing on it, a 2x4 will span a much larger length.

If he is going to keep it at 5' he wouldn't need those.

Agreed. I meant if the span is large. But I prefer a single unit. E.g. Mine is 5'x10'. So I could have just made two 5'x5's, but then I have two pieces of structure running right down the middle of the scrog. That's prime real estate. Even if it's only blocking 3" x 60", that's just about 1.3 ft2 of prime real estate. If I can help it, I'm not going to lose 180", right in the middle of the space. It's not the end of the world, but it's less than ideal.

Construction speed would be a wash. In my case, anyway, if you were using those ratchet cutters, tapping the top rail, putting all the screws in it, tying the string etc. It's a plain table design on a level surface. I just cut all all the pieces, I have a nail gun, then just staple the trellis on (advantage to wood). It's just what you are used to, or setup to work with. If you don't have construction equipment, PVC is cheaper, lighter, simpler. @sedate I have no problem with PVC. I think PVC is the better option, it's just not what I had laying around. The little bit I did have, I ended up using to plumb the feed lines.

OP, this is pretty much correct^^. Including the corner pieces etc, you should be well under $50 per structure. I'm not sure where you got an estimate for $5k for parts. Maybe it's a typo? But that is a lot of friggin PVC dude lol. You can use this to give you an idea on price
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing-Pipes-Fittings-PVC-Pipe-Fittings/N-5yc1vZbuf5
If you have a chop saw it will save you a lot of time/aggravation over the ratchet cutters.

That design is more than stable enough for it's purpose there. But if he is going to be making a longer one, it's going to need to be designed a little bit different. The length of it would just need several T fittings to put in some PVC studs like the picture I put up.

Nice job on those brother. Super clean looking.

OP, once you build it, & I kind of described how you train for it, you should have many of these...which is where most of your production will come from. I can't even fit the whole length in the picture. I showed you above what they looked like before I flipped. But because of vegging & topping the way I do, once you get above the scrog, it looks more like a sog grow. These stalks like you see below, are about 36" long, & there are couple hundred of them. That's bascially the outcome you are shooting for. What you see below, in the end, will be all bud. It makes trimming much easier as well, as you have fewer "small bud" branches to deal with.

This is day 28
View attachment 569511
9 second sti lmfao world record sti huh
Aw thats a shame. Definately prolly better to have a more - sedate - car.

Make ya feel any better - this was in like 08 but it still stings a bit when I think about it - a crazy ex grabbed at the wheel through an intersection and got my 03 WRX slammed into a shitty '85 Tacoma at like 50.

As you might guess from my avatar though - all my money was in the stereo. :)

@Junk

I could quote through your post but its all so organized and thought out. I pretty much agree - and I def appreciate your thoughts regarding supporting larger structures - I will certainly give that some thought when it comes up again.
I guess I saw the OP talking 5x5 and you talking wood-working and got lil concerned.

I dunno. For some reason every time I fuck with wood it takes me hours. I try to avoid where I can. But like you said - what you are used to.

I tried a nailgun but it shot the nails through the PVC and I couldn't really get a clean durable tie-off with one.

I dunno if this will sound bad - but I only restring those trellis' every year or so..

So what PPM's are you running like that? You don't get a bleached out canopy? I have 6kw in my main grow room and usually I have them turned down to 60 - 75% lest I get a lil yellow burn circles under the bulbs..
I had an 03 wrx was a sweet ride even running 28 psi was running low 11s no stereo just big ass turbo and a ton of motor work
Running 8k gavitas over 4 4x8 with horta nova trellis stapled to wood. Had a friend runnin ng 6k of hortis over a 4x8. Trellis is cheap I cut it apart to make harvesting much easier and replace it every crop. Quick , cheap and easy. About halfway through stretch i drape anotger trellis over the top. Lower net keeps plants open and the draped bet supports tops. At the flip
20151203 103603
20151203 104040

Last edited:
Reactions: MSH
sedate

sedate

I had an 03 wrx was a sweet ride even running 28 psi was running low 11s no stereo just big ass turbo and a ton of motor work

Naw bone stock in the motor for me - the thing could break every speed limit in the country in 8 seconds regardless so...

I will say once I loaded up the trunk the turbo lag was noticeably more pronounced - and it was already pretty laggy from idle..

Honestly I thought the thing was really fast even after I dropped in a good 150lbs of amp-rack/MDF/JLAudio gear in the trunk + 2 cases of Dynamat Extreme - every door + trunk lid/liner/quarter panels...

Fucking best sounding coupe I've ever fucking had/heard.

Maybe I go buy a better car now imma missing it.

Anyway -

So are you running 4 or 8 Gavita's over each one of those trellis'?

Did you get those lil corner pieces pre-cut or did you have to make those?

Is that trellis you have stapled down just packaged plastic mesh?

Trellis is cheap I cut it apart to make harvesting much easier and replace it every crop.

Seriously? You can't just work your way down and out of the thing? Like I just clip branches down and pull them down and out..
JuneTrellis2015 118

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Naw bone stock in the motor for me - the thing could break every speed limit in the country in 8 seconds regardless so...

I will say once I loaded up the trunk the turbo lag was noticeably more pronounced - and it was already pretty laggy from idle..

Honestly I thought the thing was really fast even after I dropped in a good 150lbs of amp-rack/MDF/JLAudio gear in the trunk + 2 cases of Dynamat Extreme - every door + trunk lid/liner/quarter panels...

Fucking best sounding coupe I've ever fucking had/heard.

Maybe I go buy a better car now imma missing it.

Anyway -

So are you running 4 or 8 Gavita's over each one of those trellis'?

Did you get those lil corner pieces pre-cut or did you have to make those?

Is that trellis you have stapled down just packaged plastic mesh?

Seriously? You can't just work your way down and out of the thing? Like I just clip branches down and pull them down and out..
View attachment 571813
It's tenax hortanova 59inch trellis I get it on Amazon in rolls, it's really pretty cheap and works well. I have left it up and cut branches but it's easier for me to snip the netting and cut the whole plant at once. The wood supports are 59inch wide and 9ft long and fit around a 4x8 tray perfectly. I have 2 gavitas over each tray. I built 22 of those wood supports and got it down to about 25 minutes a piece to build. I used to build houses so I'm set up with tools to get it done quickly. Few hundred bucks on 10 ft 2x4 and the plywood was scrap from my buildout.
20160210 093340

sedate

sedate

It's tenax hortanova 59inch trellis I get it on Amazon in rolls, it's really pretty cheap and works well. I have left it up and cut branches but it's easier for me to snip the netting and cut the whole plant at once. The wood supports are 59inch wide and 9ft long and fit around a 4x8 tray perfectly. I have 2 gavitas over each tray. I built 22 of those wood supports and got it down to about 25 minutes a piece to build. I used to build houses so I'm set up with tools to get it done quickly. Few hundred bucks on 10 ft 2x4 and the plywood was scrap from my buildout.

You know I read that and for some reason thought you meant you tore the entire trellis apart. Like the wood and shit too. I dunno wtf is wrong w me obviously you snip the netting... i dunno i was thinking about my old WRX I think :smoking:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

You know I read that and for some reason thought you meant you tore the entire trellis apart. Like the wood and shit too. I dunno wtf is wrong w me obviously you snip the netting... i dunno i was thinking about my old WRX I think :smoking:
I really miss my wrx the ex wife took it in the divorce. Next fast car for me is probably gonna be a gtr

Junk

Junk

9 second sti lmfao world record sti huh
I don't know where you get your world record info brother. I know other STI's doing 9's. Jay Perry out of Providence was doing 10's flat a couple years ago & it wasn't even on the final tune, not even close. Almost identical car as mine, destroked, sleeved, GT4094R, custom Kelford cams (the cams were made for both cars at the same time) 600# axles, 1300 cc injectors, 10k redline, AEM standalone unit with launch control, Exedy stage 5 clutch (triple disc) custom gearing, 620 Hp flat after 5k, all the way to 10K. (check the graph at the end of the vid) & all that power going to 4 wheels with 600# axles & launch control. Here is my car, my exact car. I haven't looked carefully but I might be in one of the vids for all I know...(correction, was my car :(

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & assume you thought I mean 9 flat. 9, just means you broke 10. But iirc, it was 9.83 (or 9.23, I wasn't there...but I've seen it done)

Uh huh. Low 11's on street tires, no stereo, a "big ass turbo" & a ton of motor work. If you want to call me out, don't come half stepping. The car you describing doing low 11's is much more difficult to believe. I assume you had a cage...most tracks don't let you do those numbers without a cage. Seems like in trying to convey how fast your car was, you would probably interject "roll cage" before "I took out the radio."

Low 11's is not an easy number. You are presenting it like you had a smash fast vehicle, & it only did low 11's. So my car breaking 10's is incredible. If we assume you aren't exaggerating, I'm sure that with comparison now, you could see how that car could break 10's.

I normally don't have a problem with you dude. But don't try to make it look like I don't know what I'm talking about, or I'm lying. I live, eat, breathe, & crap cars. I can't really judge how much experience you have, but I've completed 3 race cars on the wrx/sti platform now, & I have the pictures to prove it. The one below is my 4th, & it belongs to Pete Morrison from Groton. WRX converted to RWD. That's just the cars since I switched to imports. Also, Pete is at 350hp on the nose, doing low 12's. 12.4 was the best if i recall correctly.

If one of us is out of their element, it isn't me.

**Edit, despite my ranty response to a perceived insult I will grant you this; 9's are a very difficult number to achieve. A 9 second car is rare. People bragging about their car doing 9's is not unusual. So, an incredulous response is not totally unexpected. But if you want to be sarcastic about it, & you are wrong....it's going to come back around.

9's are not "World Record" rare....it's not even close. If you want to stick to Subie platforms I believe it's 6's or 7's....which isn't a whole other planet, or galaxy, it's a whole other universe.

2013 12 27 124455
2014 01 05 151237
2014 06 13 125014
2014 06 13 125007
2013 12 28 102933
STI1
STI24
IMG 0027
IMG 0076
Last edited:
Junk

Junk

It's way easier just to cut it out & replace it. The trellis he is using is like $7 for 50 ft^2

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Screw cars, sportbikes FTMFW!!!!

I know the old saying, there's no replacement for displacement, but power to weight reigns supreme.

Did a 9.98 on my old moded 2004 cbr 1000rr all motor. But doing 140mph while hanging off and dragging a knee on a sweeper is better than growing and better than sex.

I've only found 2 cars that beat me from a roll on the eway. Both were 1500hp+.

Junk

Junk

I know the old saying, there's no replacement for displacement, but power to weight reigns supreme.

Did a 9.98 on my old moded 2004 cbr 1000rr all motor. But doing 140mph while hanging off and dragging a knee on a sweeper is better than growing and better than sex.
You have balls of steel my friend. The best way I could describe my last STI was like riding a bike, the acceleration felt like bike acceleration...just instant...BAM! It was scary fast.

A 140 mph at 9.98!....You must have crushed it on the first half. Do they let you repeat those numbers? In a car, in New England, if you are consistently mid 11 or lower, you have to run a cage...

I can't really think of a safety device for a bike though besides bars...

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I don't know where you get your world record info brother. I know other STI's doing 9's. Jay Perry out of Providence was doing 10's flat a couple years ago & it wasn't even on the final tune, not even close. Almost identical car as mine, destroked, sleeved, GT4094R, custom Kelford cams (the cams were made for both cars at the same time) 600# axles, 1300 cc injectors, 10k redline, AEM standalone unit with launch control, Exedy stage 5 clutch (triple disc) custom gearing, 620 Hp flat after 5k, all the way to 10K. (check the graph at the end of the vid) & all that power going to 4 wheels with 600# axles & launch control. Here is my car, my exact car. I haven't looked carefully but I might be in one of the vids for all I know...(correction, was my car :(

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & assume you thought I mean 9 flat. 9, just means you broke 10. But iirc, it was 9.83 (or 9.23, I wasn't there...but I've seen it done)

Uh huh. Low 11's on street tires, no stereo, a "big ass turbo" & a ton of motor work. If you want to call me out, don't come half stepping. The car you describing doing low 11's is much more difficult to believe. I assume you had a cage...most tracks don't let you do those numbers without a cage. Seems like in trying to convey how fast your car was, you would probably interject "roll cage" before "I took out the radio."

Low 11's is not an easy number. You are presenting it like you had a smash fast vehicle, & it only did low 11's. So my car breaking 10's is incredible. If we assume you aren't exaggerating, I'm sure that with comparison now, you could see how that car could break 10's.

I normally don't have a problem with you dude. But don't try to make it look like I don't know what I'm talking about, or I'm lying. I live, eat, breathe, & crap cars. I can't really judge how much experience you have, but I've completed 3 race cars on the wrx/sti platform now, & I have the pictures to prove it. The one below is my 4th, & it belongs to Pete Morrison from Groton. WRX converted to RWD. That's just the cars since I switched to imports. Also, Pete is at 350hp on the nose, doing low 12's. 12.4 was the best if i recall correctly.

If one of us is out of their element, it isn't me.

**Edit, despite my ranty response to a perceived insult I will grant you this; 9's are a very difficult number to achieve. A 9 second car is rare. People bragging about their car doing 9's is not unusual. So, an incredulous response is not totally unexpected. But if you want to be sarcastic about it, & you are wrong....it's going to come back around.

9's are not "World Record" rare....it's not even close. If you want to stick to Subie platforms I believe it's 6's or 7's....which isn't a whole other planet, or galaxy, it's a whole other universe.
Damn junk you dont f around. Like you said I've seen tons of people claiming 10 sec cars and then I annihilate them with an 11 second car. Yes Ali ashifar or whatever his name is in the 7 or 8 seconds range now. For a road legal wrx to do 9s has got to be near record status. To be honest I haven't paid much attention to the car scene since I lost my wrx 8 years ago and at that time there were very few running sub 10 sec. Respect man you are are one of the few people I actually believe. When I was modding my wrx was back in like 04 or 05 it was a long time ago and I don't even remember everything I did to it. I know I had to have a some stuff custom made because the aftermarket support wasn't there. Buschur racing got a lot of the turbo,intercooler and intake stuff done for me and it was tuned at godspeed . Don't even know if those company's are still around. Godspeed dyno was showing 498HP at the wheels.

I've only found 2 cars that beat me from a roll on the eway. Both were 1500hp+.
I did those too but I had the gsxr 1k . Never ran it on a track but I think they claimed around 10sec bone stock

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I used to EAT gixxer 1ks on my old 07 gsxr 600 fully dyno tuned and mapped, fully built race bike. This is on a circuit track, mid ohio, grattan, blackhawk, road atlanta, ect. 15k+ ohlins 5000 forks and 2000 rear shock. Not counting my 400.00 a set of tires good for 1 weekend if I was lucky. I've posted pics before and links to vids. Boy do I miss those days. I'd quit growing tomorrow if I didn't have my son and could get back into racing.

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

I did those too but I had the gsxr 1k . Never ran it on a track but I think they claimed around 10sec bone stock

The problem isn't the bike's ability, it's a combination of the rider's ability & the density of their testicles lol. To break 10 on a bike is about ability & balls. The machinery to do it is not super expensive. I believe the R1's were at that level (DemonT, correct me if I'm wrong on that) & my uncle got his for like 12k when they came out? That car was $80k to build.

But I've seen some of @DemonTrich photos....that guy, does not !@#$ around. My black STi (Called the "Root Beer Rocket" ala monster truck style, so you can search it) but that STi was 9.83? That's INSIDE a vehicle, 10 point belts, windows closed, 4 wheels, launch control...& I can't stress this enough...a seat with an upright back. Demontrich would have been in the lane next to me, & to the naked eye it would have been even. But that's hanging on to a bike!, no windows, not "inside" a vehicle, no safety belts, not much of a seat, & basically, 1 wheel on the ground. He basically broke 10 on a 1k unicycle lol.

I'll put a car into a wall, a barrier....I've even ended up in a tree, the whole car, all 4 wheels, up off the ground, literally, up in a tree... (If I was conscious I would have gotten a picture of that one) But, you wouldn't catch me dragging a bike like DT. I've heard he has to special order his jeans with a reinforced crotch just to hold his enormous, cast iron, balls.
Like you said I've seen tons of people claiming 10 sec cars and then I annihilate them with an 11 second car
I figured, that's why I added the edit. Because of the Fast & Furious type movies, many people don't understand that a 10 second car is rare. That's lot of money to get into that range. Every car is different, e.g. the stock STI drive shaft will hold up to about 600whp, so you may not need to replace it....but most mechanical parts need to be replaced for it to make that type of speed. My tranny was like $16k (Andrewtech.com...amazing work)

498whp is a lot for the 2.0. Not doubting you did it, but that is a lot. Unless you changed your gears, drive shaft, axles & clutch, your drag career would have been done in short order. Comparing th0se two cars though, can't be done. If I drove it gently, that car got 9 mpg. Sometimes I would get 6. The cams were so large the car rocked (back & forth) & sounded like a big block. The clutch was made to handle the brutal amounts of torque from launching....but it was extremely hard to drive. It had no AC (most serious drags don't) but I put it back in. It was 4" straight pipe from the Turbo back. No muffler. It was LOUD. If you had this car during your divorce, your wife would have either let you keep it (she isn't going to drive it...it's not a car you drive, it's a car you gamble your life with) or the court would have forced you to sell it.

For a road legal wrx to do 9s has got to be near record status.
Not at all. I haven't talked to him in a bit, but Jay Perry I'm sure has broken well into the 9's by now. With almost the identical car. I mean aside from a few small items that were different (waste gate, paint color etc) the car was identical to mine.

I'm not sure if you are just checking WRX's? Bc the STI is a similar car, but considerably beefier where it counts. Also, for most of their lives, a 6 speed vs the 5.

But also, neither car was street legal. Straight pipe, no cats, no 02 sensors, after market ECU. To get a sticker, both Jay & I have to pull out the AEM unit, put the stock computer back in, do a bunch of tuning stuff...& after all that, you have to know someone who is going to overlook or skip the entire visual inspection.

So, yes, I got a sticker to drive it on the road, but it wasn't even close to a street legal car.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

sub 10's on an average street car is a big feat (not counting lamborghinis, Bentleys, ect), even with engine, trans, clutch, gearing and shaft upgrades, but it is possible under the right circumstances. 10's on a bike (stock, no mods such as gearing/sprocket/chain, weight reduction, mapping/tuning) is hard unless your getting a busa (1300cc hayabusa). all other liter bikes can achieve a 10 sec pass, but you had better have 6+yrs exp and or a trained drag racer or your not getting under 10 (rickey gadson will attest)). ive launched my liter bike and looped it, this was 3 passes after my 9.98 pass, trying for a 9.7 pass. only cost me 2k to rebuild that time and some bruises. me and all my buddies only played around at the track to work on our launches for the real racing (circuit tracks). all this talk, I ended up talking to a guy with a bone stock 07 gsxr600 (like my old race bike platform), 6500 miles, for $4000. then I only need 10-12k to build her up. and they call me demon(rr) since 2004, when I rode all black bike, had 3 highsides accidents on the track while racing, and don't remember a one of them. so demon has stuck with me ever since (demonRR, demontrich, demonRR1).

fuck I want another bike now.

Junk

Junk

10's on a bike (stock, no mods such as gearing/sprocket/chain, weight reduction, mapping/tuning)
The R1's or other "super" bikes besides the Hayabusa aren't capable of it?

That & the Ducatti I rode over the summer certainly feel like it...but I've made it clear I don't have the stones to attempt it. What falls short, the gearing?

Top Bottom