Looking for product buying advice.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi, I hope all is well. Came to resurrect this as it seems easier. If it’s ok maybe we could do a direct message. I think this will wrap it for me. My major pieces are here and the countdown to dropping a seed has begun. I have decided to get the RO because if I’m inviting these ladies in they need to be treated right. Would you do a 7 stage with re-mineralization, or is that overkill? Remembering we will be drinking and using it for coffee. Yes, the amount of water we buy made the decision easier.

About the RO/tap split ratio. In the report I shared with you we draw from two wells, one with a sodium of level of 33.9ppm and the other at 70ppm. Would you split it differently or just not use it? I spoke with the plant manager. He doesn’t know why they don’t list the cal/mag and just lump it in a hardness level. The remineralization puts those two, among others back. I’m sure at acceptable levels. Thank you for any advice. ✌️
Can you link me the model you are looking at?

I'll prob call the manufacturer to find out what being put back but it's like going to be ok. You want to know what is the starting water.

Now ideally if ya don't know and there is a possibility of say high sodium or it has a high ppm then you want a 3-4 stage. 3 stage would be sediment, carbon and RO resin ppm of around 10-30 (I think not used one) 4 stage would add a demonizing resin (ppm of about 0-2) these numbers are new filters after flush.

If doing a whole house I think a water softener then an RO for taps that will be used for potable water would make sense to me but probably better to ask a professional that. RO for a whole house is gonna produce a lot of waste water if you get billed on consumption.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Can you link me the model you are looking at?

I'll prob call the manufacturer to find out what being put back but it's like going to be ok. You want to know what is the starting water.

Now ideally if ya don't know and there is a possibility of say high sodium or it has a high ppm then you want a 3-4 stage. 3 stage would be sediment, carbon and RO resin ppm of around 10-30 (I think not used one) 4 stage would add a demonizing resin (ppm of about 0-2) these numbers are new filters after flush.

If doing a whole house I think a water softener then an RO for taps that will be used for potable water would make sense to me but probably better to ask a professional that. RO for a whole house is gonna produce a lot of waste water if you get billed on consumption.
This will only be under the sink and they do way more GPD than I will need. The way I’m selling this to the owner/upstairs neighbor (where tent will be)/mom is it will cut down on bottled water consumption (and ya know, I need it). If the water is better for drinking that’s a bonus. Here’s the model https://www.lowes.com/pd/iSpring-6-...Under-Sink-Water-Filtration-System/1000843996

I need the built in pump because I have really low pressure, but I’ll probably skip the UV thing. It does not list what’s put back in here on the description but I was able to find specifically what the filter puts back and here’s the image. Thanks again. I’m getting closer!

B4D2807C C91B 4AC3 8ACF 63F6A192391F
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Of course for the booster I need the electrician (brother in law, not pro) to not only install me a fresh breaker and outlet all the way upstairs, now I need to tap a line somewhere, (the dishwasher?) for the pump. It’s like the cosmos are putting all this crap in my way. lol. My first run may end up being the water gathering method.

Ponky

Ponky

Of course for the booster I need the electrician (brother in law, not pro) to not only install me a fresh breaker and outlet all the way upstairs, now I need to tap a line somewhere, (the dishwasher?) for the pump. It’s like the cosmos are putting all this crap in my way. lol. My first run may end up being the water gathering method.
You can't tap a dedicated circuit like the dishwasher. You have to use a branch circuit. And that circuit has to have the right amount of sockets on it. So if it's full you can't add. Need to make a new run.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
You can't tap a dedicated circuit like the dishwasher. You have to use a branch circuit. And that circuit has to have the right amount of sockets on it. So if it's full you can't add. Need to make a new run.
Thank you. This is why it’s not me doing it. Whatever has to be done will get done. The guy running it doesn’t do it for a living but he knows what he’s doing. He built his house etc. I don’t have concerns. I just mentioned it as another thing to check off.

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If at all possible, run a new dedicated circuit for your grow. It's easier that way imo. That way, you never have to worry about overloading the circuit. Fortunately, LEDS don't use a lot of electricity in comparison to the old HIDs. However, if someone somewhere in the house is running a hair dryer or electric space heater on the same circuit, it could trip the breaker. With a dedicated circuit, you'll eliminate that from potentially happening to you.

Anthem

Anthem

He is talking about using the water line running to the dishwasher. Also take a look under sink and see if perhaps there is 2 duplexes. Usually in a track home in the US there is not. there is usually a single duplex with one of the outlets being ran to a wall switch for the garbage disposal to turn on and off and the other for the dishwasher. If I was on a budget I would probably just go down to home depot and get like 2 of the large black plastic contains and run the RO straight into there and put the booster pump down there and run a hose up to the second floor and run the whole thing when you get water.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
If at all possible, run a new dedicated circuit for your grow. It's easier that way imo. That way, you never have to worry about overloading the circuit. Fortunately, LEDS don't use a lot of electricity in comparison to the old HIDs. However, if someone somewhere in the house is running a hair dryer or electric space heater on the same circuit, it could trip the breaker. With a dedicated circuit, you'll eliminate that from potentially happening to you.
Yea, nobody believes me that it’s just a better idea. But if I insist they’ll do it for me. My mom is having a one thing after the other minute 🤣🤣. It’s just that I hadn’t mentioned this part yet. I have to go down there and look but I’m pretty sure that floor has the back two bedrooms on the same circuit. I did just do an amperage calculator and the light (600w up to 270v) says it only uses 2.2. The fan less than 1. I understand I’m going to have 6 other fans and other stuff running. As you said, having the light and the fan on its own circuit can’t be a bad thing. Less chance of tripping it. I haven’t decided if I’m staying indoors in summer or not but then we add the window AC units and it’s just a lot. I want piece of mind. It’s why I’m trying to make sure my conditions are the best they can be. I just live in a weird area.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yea, nobody believes me that it’s just a better idea. But if I insist they’ll do it for me. My mom is having a one thing after the other minute 🤣🤣. It’s just that I hadn’t mentioned this part yet. I have to go down there and look but I’m pretty sure that floor has the back two bedrooms on the same circuit. I did just do an amperage calculator and the light (600w up to 270v) says it only uses 2.2. The fan less than 1. I understand I’m going to have 6 other fans and other stuff running. As you said, having the light and the fan on its own circuit can’t be a bad thing. Less chance of tripping it. I haven’t decided if I’m staying indoors in summer or not but then we add the window AC units and it’s just a lot. I want piece of mind. It’s why I’m trying to make sure my conditions are the best they can be. I just live in a weird area.
I have the Great Lakes on 3 sides of me here in the good ole Mitten state. So yes, I understand strange weather. I just pulled the PDF that shows all it's specs. It looks like operating at 100%, you'll pull 2.61 amps on a 120v line. (Amps will shift down if 240v and so on, but most likely you'll run on 120v) It's still pretty low amp draw. If you have a new circuit run, use a 20 amp breaker, 20 amp outlets and 12 gauge wire. It will cost slightly more but will also allow you to use a small window air conditioner, your lights, and a handful of fans.

Edit: Link to specs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6bhzkqeelv9bqf7/AAB1CBMj1fsRD6Oz2i3IFrhVa?dl=0

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I'd price out 240v equipment and see if you can run as much 240 as possible. You cut the amps in half and can run a lot more on 1 circuit. Pretty sure you can get dam near everything in 240v and that should cover you for everything easily.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This will only be under the sink and they do way more GPD than I will need. The way I’m selling this to the owner/upstairs neighbor (where tent will be)/mom is it will cut down on bottled water consumption (and ya know, I need it). If the water is better for drinking that’s a bonus. Here’s the model https://www.lowes.com/pd/iSpring-6-...Under-Sink-Water-Filtration-System/1000843996

I need the built in pump because I have really low pressure, but I’ll probably skip the UV thing. It does not list what’s put back in here on the description but I was able to find specifically what the filter puts back and here’s the image. Thanks again. I’m getting closer!
With the statement that it only adds 10-20 ppm that will be absolutely fine to use.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have the Great Lakes on 3 sides of me here in the good ole Mitten state. So yes, I understand strange weather. I just pulled the PDF that shows all it's specs. It looks like operating at 100%, you'll pull 2.61 amps on a 120v line. (Amps will shift down if 240v and so on, but most likely you'll run on 120v) It's still pretty low amp draw. If you have a new circuit run, use a 20 amp breaker, 20 amp outlets and 12 gauge wire. It will cost slightly more but will also allow you to use a small window air conditioner, your lights, and a handful of fans.

Edit: Link to specs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6bhzkqeelv9bqf7/AAB1CBMj1fsRD6Oz2i3IFrhVa?dl=0
Thank you!

dbrzz

dbrzz

Hi. I’m brand new and don’t even have the indoor equipment yet. I have picked out what I believe I want and need. I just have so many questions still. I’ve decided a 5x5 tent for room inside for incidentals that may be needed and elbow room. Planning 4 plants still. The lights I’m looking at (driving me crazy) have a veg footprint of 5x5 but 4x4 for flower. I need a step up light? I’ve seen grow rooms with these lights unless the videos are all faked. I really could use a mentor or someone for a longer conversation. I just have a bunch of questions that once answered will speed me alone. My disastrous outdoor grow this summer taught me not to jump in blind. Be ready. I’m trying to do that. I’ve received a lot of help here as far as what to do about my outdoor girls. I know this is the right place. Thanks all!
SpiderFarmer SF4000 is a great light and priced right. These 2 are 38 days since the sprout growing great with the sf4000

8F9D33C7 7CF3 47A1 BCB4 56B49CF7E84A
B9A8C98C 26A8 4C9C 956E 376F57324AC9
elduderito

elduderito

That’s the overall goal. I need to save money. I spend a lot. In the house, for 2 of us, with me being the majority of it, it’s $750 a month minimum. I have to end that. Not looking for anything but saving that money. I know I have to invest initially to do it. It’s just limited as to what I have.

I was in the same spot as you last year .. I 'over-spent' to be able to grow perpetually (flower-tent, veg tent, and dry-tent), I made the investment incrementally, as I didn't need everything right away (total equipment cost <2k) ... I took a 2 month break from smoking which let me put that money towards the grow-equipment. My reward from that 2 month break was sampling my first harvest! my only regret is not doing it earlier... good luck dude - I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I have...

20210318 184011

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I'm on my first. Lots of help from here and lots of reading was my friend, as was investing in a PAR metre app for my phone. I went 4x4 with 2x Mars TSL2000. Went with Coco and Canna nutrients, with lots of silica and some bloom additives. Day 35 of 12/12 today, some pics. Good luck and remember the grow is the medicine! The flowers are an amazing bonus 😉

8C394606 D185 4B38 A667 F383A1ADD4AB
8774B049 5D3F 4435 8E90 59C51F6214E0
AC28D877 FB03 4080 A07B 27E832D4EB74
SC69

SC69

Supporter
I was in the same spot as you last year .. I 'over-spent' to be able to grow perpetually (flower-tent, veg tent, and dry-tent), I made the investment incrementally, as I didn't need everything right away (total equipment cost <2k) ... I took a 2 month break from smoking which let me put that money towards the grow-equipment. My reward from that 2 month break was sampling my first harvest! my only regret is not doing it earlier... good luck dude - I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I have...

View attachment 1175918
Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I still have some obstacles to overcome like the power and water. People upset with me for wanting to run a 240v line up there, and drop a line under the sink for the RO booster. Oh, and vent out the window instead of into the room. Was ok one minute, thought I may not have to, now it’s an issue 🤣🤣🤣. Once it’s up and running it’s going to be good for me in a bunch of ways. I’m excited which makes the stress easier and laughable really.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I'm on my first. Lots of help from here and lots of reading was my friend, as was investing in a PAR metre app for my phone. I went 4x4 with 2x Mars TSL2000. Went with Coco and Canna nutrients, with lots of silica and some bloom additives. Day 35 of 12/12 today, some pics. Good luck and remember the grow is the medicine! The flowers are an amazing bonus 😉
That’s my thoughts exactly. I need it too.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Hi. I’m brand new and don’t even have the indoor equipment yet. I have picked out what I believe I want and need. I just have so many questions still. I’ve decided a 5x5 tent for room inside for incidentals that may be needed and elbow room. Planning 4 plants still. The lights I’m looking at (driving me crazy) have a veg footprint of 5x5 but 4x4 for flower. I need a step up light? I’ve seen grow rooms with these lights unless the videos are all faked. I really could use a mentor or someone for a longer conversation. I just have a bunch of questions that once answered will speed me alone. My disastrous outdoor grow this summer taught me not to jump in blind. Be ready. I’m trying to do that. I’ve received a lot of help here as far as what to do about my outdoor girls. I know this is the right place. Thanks all!
Don't buy shit equipment. I've been growing for 4 years and my biggest mistake is cheap equipment . Save up to buy shit you don't have to replace for years , that my advice.

Top Bottom