Looking for product buying advice.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McPappaGreens

Yes an I fucked up I mean the mars hydro fc 4800.
I've done the research hands on or lights on by far has better lumen output at 24 inches with power consumption compared to Aglex cob led 2500 watt spider farmer 2000 watt national led 4500 watt vivosun 4x1000 watt led lights
I've compared side by side to the mars hydro even California lightworks solar extreme was a huge waste compared to any mars I've owned.

just saying let someone that's paid the dough know what there saying for a first timer that wants to keep it simple an be successful go with Mars you can buy whatever it's your grow but if you want superior light quality that will last at least 5 years before losing par or lumen output just saying buy a photomoter and do your own tests and that reflective mylar don't do shit inside your tent just loses light intensity wanna bounce some light an save heat use bright white the whitest color you can find paint foam board whatever and I gaurantee your light intensity won't be as low with reflective mylar white reflects more back to the plant these are facts

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've done the research hands on or lights on by far has better lumen output at 24 inches with power consumption compared to Aglex cob led 2500 watt spider farmer 2000 watt national led 4500 watt vivosun 4x1000 watt led lights
I've compared side by side to the mars hydro even California lightworks solar extreme was a huge waste compared to any mars I've owned.

just saying let someone that's paid the dough know what there saying for a first timer that wants to keep it simple an be successful go with Mars you can buy whatever it's your grow but if you want superior light quality that will last at least 5 years before losing par or lumen output just saying buy a photomoter and do your own tests and that reflective mylar don't do shit inside your tent just loses light intensity wanna bounce some light an save heat use bright white the whitest color you can find paint foam board whatever and I gaurantee your light intensity won't be as low with reflective mylar white reflects more back to the plant these are facts
He would need the FC6500 to fill his space, which is an $800 light. Too many people I know have had trouble with Mars. They are a great marketing company, but getting them to fix their products is hard to do from what I'm told.

Anthem

Anthem

Ok so Mars is a POS. I have had 3 take a dump and their customer service is a joke. If you want to talk lights lets all use one of these and stop talking about how bright they are to the human eye.
This does not lie

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ok so Mars is a POS. I have had 3 take a dump and their customer service is a joke. If you want to talk lights lets all use one of these and stop talking about how bright they are to the human eye.
This does not lie
👍

M

McPappaGreens

Well California lightworks solar extreme is in the 1000s and my Mars hydro outlasted still works many diodes died in the California and there supposed to be the best of the best I'm talking multi million grow ops use California lightworks it's everyone's better opinion until they have actually owned and used most led lights out there and MIAgrandpa says he already has a light so what's to matter and if it were honestly me I'd use my mh and hps led really doesn't cut it compared to my 1000 watt metal halide and 1000 watt hps lights an prob never will oh and if you started from seed hopefully it wasn't from bag stuff you bought wether from a dispensary or joe shmoe go with clones or seeds from a trusted source auto flower is a good choice for some new growers though I prefer to jump the gun an dive head first and figure shit out the hard way but I've been there done that and don't need to anymore or less I've learned allot of patience and understanding of many grow methods light uses/ soil uses hydro whatever you name it I've fucked it up till I got it right hands down I've had my fair deal of trial an error an still have some to go nobody's perfect in any since because here in umerica we all have the right to believe whatever the hell we want and do pretty much whatever the hell we want so why the hell he ask advice he got all his shit anyways sounds fluffy to my

SC69

SC69

Supporter

I have looked at the Mars light and just don’t like it.

M

McPappaGreens

This does not lie
All ya need is a photometer it's exactly the same thing just not hyped up by marketing advances

2Bad

2Bad

Well California lightworks solar extreme is in the 1000s and my Mars hydro outlasted still works many diodes died in the California and there supposed to be the best of the best I'm talking multi million grow ops use California lightworks it's everyone's better opinion until they have actually owned and used most led lights out there and MIAgrandpa says he already has a light so what's to matter and if it were honestly me I'd use my mh and hps led really doesn't cut it compared to my 1000 watt metal halide and 1000 watt hps lights an prob never will oh and if you started from seed hopefully it wasn't from bag stuff you bought wether from a dispensary or joe shmoe go with clones or seeds from a trusted source auto flower is a good choice for some new growers though I prefer to jump the gun an dive head first and figure shit out the hard way but I've been there done that and don't need to anymore or less I've learned allot of patience and understanding of many grow methods light uses/ soil uses hydro whatever you name it I've fucked it up till I got it right hands down I've had my fair deal of trial an error an still have some to go nobody's perfect in any since because here in umerica we all have the right to believe whatever the hell we want and do pretty much whatever the hell we want so why the hell he ask advice he got all his shit anyways sounds fluffy to my
Yea some models of mars are better the more expensive ones seem much better

freezeland2

freezeland2

Brother I’m sorry and yes I’m stoned but that post is the longest sentence I have ever read.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Did you? Well last I checked in was like 10 pages ago. Good luck. Looks like a lot of advise been heading your way.
Yea, I ran across a review that really put me off. It’s all driving me crazy and I certainly didn’t mean for anyone to argue. Had I noticed I would have said earlier I looked at them and wasn’t impressed just visually. For better or worse, that’s a consideration. I should just go with my original choice but the reviews of it are that it draws 100 more watts than stated. Not a big deal for the pocketbook but why is it off so much? Not knowing these brands etc makes it that much harder. I go crazy picking a TV and I know what I’m looking at with those. The tent and exhaust advice I got was used and those are on the way.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yea, I ran across a review that really put me off. It’s all driving me crazy and I certainly didn’t mean for anyone to argue. Had I noticed I would have said earlier I looked at them and wasn’t impressed just visually. For better or worse, that’s a consideration. I should just go with my original choice but the reviews of it are that it draws 100 more watts than stated. Not a big deal for the pocketbook but why is it off so much? Not knowing these brands etc makes it that much harder. I go crazy picking a TV and I know what I’m looking at with those. The tent and exhaust advice I got was used and those are on the way.
I'm not sure which light you saw that was drawing 100 watts more from the wall than was stated.

Grower's Choice and likely other lights do have a "boost" mode that you can access with a $300 light controller addon. I don't have that for mine. 720w does beautifully in my 5 x 5

freezeland2

freezeland2

Honestly any good quality light is gonna produce. Buy the best you can afford at whatever your price point is. Try not to over think it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Honestly any good quality light is gonna produce. Buy the best you can afford at whatever your price point is. Try not to over think it.
I would agree with that. Even many not so good quality lights will grow buds.

I would trust a good handful of lights. We've already discussed most of them. We haven't spoken much about Gavita and some of the others seen more often in commercial set-ups due to their higher costs. I have the E720. I'm considering upgrading soon anyway. I would buy another too, but I'd also be just as happy with a few other brands too. Most of these lights have similar output and are using mostly the same diodes.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Did you notice that i asked days ago? I didn’t have anything when I posted it. I’ve ordered it since. All from hashed out suggestions I checked out. I had a light ordered and canceled it. I was appreciative and thanked you for the advice, didn’t I?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Did you notice that i asked days ago? I didn’t have anything when I posted it. I’ve ordered it since. All from hashed out suggestions I checked out. I had a light ordered and canceled it. I was appreciative and thanked you for the advice, didn’t I?
Some of us are stoned and forgot what we read above.

Top Bottom