Looks and smells like bunk weed

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

The plant in my closet looks nothing like what was depicted in the photo. Further, just gauging from the smell of it, this weed smells like that garbage you used to buy off of sketchy drug dealers that would stand out in front of the mall downtown somewhere. The kind of weed that's not very strong, tastes really bad and gives you a headache.

I'm about 2-3 weeks from harvest, but I'm having serious doubts about the quality of this weed. It went from smelling like something really sweet and now the smell is almost akin to something that's been burnt. I've burnt canned vegetable soup to the bottom of the pot before when I'd go into the next room and get distracted on my game and the smell is something sort of akin to that. Not like a skunk or a fresh soiled diaper like some people have described. Very disappointed because I paid a premium on these seeds and I think I got burnt.

How do I go about not making the same mistake next time I purchase seeds? How do I know if the strain is actually quality, and potent, like I had hoped it would be? I'd imagine every seed seller is going to describe their weed to be the bomb, but how do I know who's telling the truth?

Moshmen

Moshmen

The plant in my closet looks nothing like what was depicted in the photo. Further, just gauging from the smell of it, this weed smells like that garbage you used to buy off of sketchy drug dealers that would stand out in front of the mall downtown somewhere. The kind of weed that's not very strong, tastes really bad and gives you a headache.

I'm about 2-3 weeks from harvest, but I'm having serious doubts about the quality of this weed. It went from smelling like something really sweet and now the smell is almost akin to something that's been burnt. I've burnt canned vegetable soup to the bottom of the pot before when I'd go into the next room and get distracted on my game and the smell is something sort of akin to that. Not like a skunk or a fresh soiled diaper like some people have described. Very disappointed because I paid a premium on these seeds and I think I got burnt.

How do I go about not making the same mistake next time I purchase seeds? How do I know if the strain is actually quality, and potent, like I had hoped it would be? I'd imagine every seed seller is going to describe their weed to be the bomb, but how do I know who's telling the truth?
What strain ? What breeder? Pics? Let’s see ur set up and give more info. - u might be surprised when finished

TSD

TSD

Can't really judge final product when you're still a few weeks away from harvest. Some ladies smell amazing when growing, some are less than impressive and smell underwhelming till harvest and cure... all depends on the terpene profile, also environment and how you cure it. Some never have an impressive smell but still get you wrecked. If she's not smelling great now, make sure your harvest and cure process is spot on to give her the best chance of being tasty. I have one plant that is in early cure that still doesn't smell great, but she gets me stoned and I know she'll improve. If all else fails, find some terpene spray to trick your nose... that's what the dispensaries do with thier sub par smelling weed lol.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

What strain ? What breeder? Pics? Let’s see ur set up and give more info. - u might be surprised when finished
Okay, so this is what the final product SHOULD look like

And this is what I'm getting--

IMG 0590

IMG 0591

IMG 0592

Way too many orange pistils, leaves aren't purple at all. Makes me thing I got sold ORANGE SHERBET and charged a premium for it. Take a look at this photo and tell me it doesn't look AWFULLY similar to what's growing in my closet right now

ORANGE SHERBET

Like I said, it smells INCREDIBLY sweet, not very pungent, like if at all. I actually returned the inline fan I purchased from Amazon because the smell is that weak.

Strain is supposed to be something called 'BC Kush' from a seed depot called BCBD in Vancouver Canada. Someone told me before that their 'God Bud' isn't the actual strain and was something else. I suspect this 'BC Kush' is something else entirely...

Moshmen

Moshmen

Without being knowledgeable of the breeder - I’ll say could be just a different pheno? If ya are popping f2/or 3, which you may have been sold ? Then your gonna get a variety of phenos - really comes down the breeder and how stable there genetics are ? Next the seed bank when you buy from these guys in my opinion you never know what your getting? Lol most are honest but a lot are not! - I’m the end she is looking close to being finished and do you really care what the name is if it produces t try he desired affects ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

leaves coloration depend a lot on environnemental growing conditions and sometime phenotypes as well.
What I see in the breeder's pics is what people refer to as a colorful fade. It's a technique where you stop feeding just before harvest and the fan leaves become food. Does nothing for the plant just looks cool. People buy seeds that have cool pics attached to them, witness this thread we are on.

Here is a thread dedicated to the grow style

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

View attachment 1295266

View attachment 1295267

View attachment 1295268

View attachment 1295269

Way too many orange pistils, leaves aren't purple at all. Makes me thing I got sold ORANGE SHERBET and charged a premium for it. Take a look at this photo and tell me it doesn't look AWFULLY similar to what's growing in my closet right now

View attachment 1295270
ORANGE SHERBET

Like I said, it smells INCREDIBLY sweet, not very pungent, like if at all. I actually returned the inline fan I purchased from Amazon because the smell is that weak.

Strain is supposed to be something called 'BC Kush' from a seed depot called BCBD in Vancouver Canada. Someone told me before that their 'God Bud' isn't the actual strain and was something else. I suspect this 'BC Kush' is something else entirely...
They won the cannabis cup with Godbud,it's great,someone lied to you. You seriously expect every plant to look 100% like the pic on their sight?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

What I see in the breeder's pics is what people refer to as a colorful fade. It's a technique where you stop feeding just before harvest and the fan leaves become food. Does nothing for the plant just looks cool. People buy seeds that have cool pics attached to them, witness this thread we are on.

i had this happen once significantly enough with one phenotype from dinafem bubba kush cbd
All plant from the same strain with the exact same feeding schedule, just one has the leaves fading red/purple
3704543 dinafem bubba kush cbd grow journal by herbaledudinafembubba kush cbd

TSD

TSD

Doesn't look that different to me, and every pheno is different and environment plays a role too... plus you're not done yet. It's hard to get purples inside unless it's a straight up purple strain. All that being said, I will never order from BC Bud Depot again, I got a pack of 10 Texada Time Warp seeds from them this spring because that strain is supposed to be perfectly suited for my climate. Not a single seed popped. I called, thry sent me another 10 pack, said he'd be sure to send "the newest best seeds" uhm for 80 bucks I would hope they are all good seeds bro. So I got them... same result, no pops, and I tried every trick in the book to get them to germ..., soaking, sanding, physically cracking a few. So I'm out 80 bucks and couldn't grow the strain I really wanted to try this year. I never have a problem popping seeds either, so never again BCBD.

Moshmen

Moshmen

All marketing and it works well

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

View attachment 1295266

View attachment 1295267

View attachment 1295268

View attachment 1295269

View attachment 1295270
ORANGE SHERBET

Doesn't look so bad. Don't expect the same exact results as pictured in any strain especially if growing from seed. I could walk you through my hemp field and you might swear there are different strains but they're all the same exact strain. Different phenotypes produce different results. Some of my plants purple up a lot, some don't. Some look like short indica bushes, some look slightly more sativa.

Purple coloring in the plants can be a result of colder night time temperatures, as well, so there's a lot of factors to consider.

Other than that I agree with everyone else, give the smoke a chance, then make your decision. Hard to say how it will be without trying it. I've had absolutely garbage looking/smelling weed in the past, completely knock me on my ass!

Hang in there, and lookin' good!

🤠

KYSEAN

KYSEAN

View attachment 1295266

View attachment 1295267

View attachment 1295268

View attachment 1295269

View attachment 1295270
ORANGE SHERBET

It looks awesome!

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Without being knowledgeable of the breeder - I’ll say could be just a different pheno? If ya are popping f2/or 3, which you may have been sold ? Then your gonna get a variety of phenos - really comes down the breeder and how stable there genetics are ? Next the seed bank when you buy from these guys in my opinion you never know what your getting? Lol most are honest but a lot are not! - I’m the end she is looking close to being finished and do you really care what the name is if it produces t try he desired affects ?
This is important to me. How do I distinguish an honest seller from a dishonest one? This is my first ever grow and it's kind of special to me. I bought the seeds primarily because 1. I wanted a kush plant, and 2. I wanted it to produce extremely potent smoke.

It said and I'll quote "BC Kush offers strong effects and THC levels that are hard to beat." That's why I bought it. If I'm right and it's actually orange sherbet (and I strongly believe that it is) then I'm not going to get very strong smoke because it's listed as being "One of the rarest cannabis strains from unknown breeders who crossed Orange Cream, Purple Urkle, and Cherry Pie. It is easy to tell these parental genetics in the aroma, flavor, and effects. Orange Sherbet has a low THC level of about 14%, making it a perfect strain for novice and seasoned marijuana connoisseurs."

These things in my closet smell EXTREMELY reminiscent of orange creamsickle and the plant is also listed as having a 'creamy smooth taste' for its flavour profile. I've smelled and smoked kush before, it STINKS. These things do not stink, they're actually pleasant to be around, which is why I'm concerned.. I feel like I could literally sip tea in my room with old folks who've never smoked before because they're that pleasant smelling.

You wouldn't have a seed band depot recommendation for someone who sells EXTREMELY strong kush, would you? Or anyone here reading this post. I want kush seeds that will produce me some of the most potent, obnoxiously loud & EXTREMELY stinky plant possible. Just kush though, pure kush, not blueberry kush, or cheesecake kush or any other plant profile that's associated with food. I'd like to have to use a fan for my grow, and with these things there's really no reason to. The smell is sweet and contained to about two feet away from my closet. Very underwhelming, not like the type of weed I was warned and told about that people could smell all the way from outside of my house.
They won the cannabis cup with Godbud,it's great,someone lied to you. You seriously expect every plant to look 100% like the pic on their sight?
No, but I expect honest business, especially if I'm paying $130.

If you went out and bought a BMW and they gave you the keys to a Honda, I'd presume you wouldn't be too happy, would you?

Top Bottom