Loompa Headband aka Underdawg OG Whats real, whats not

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Thanks =E_O_S=,
Appreciate your insight bro.
Medic had sent me a couple dozen of those beans I selected from. Anyway, after reading your comments I have no choice but to get my hands on some Yeti. It will haunt me if I don't. :) Let me know how yours turn out.

Aaahh, this damn strain obsession of mine. Will I ever be satisfied?? :depressed: lol

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Greetings Loompa,
I never saw a reply to my post. I think you went on vacay shortly before I posted up my question/thought/comment. Now that your back, I was wondering if you had any comment on the specific lot of beans I mentioned obtaining from Medic or if you were even aware of them and their back story. Like I said, I pulled a couple killers out of these beans. But, now I'm wondering if it would be worth my time/energy/grow space to run your Yeti in hopes of finding something better than what I have. If that's possible.:wacky: Basically, just trying to get an assessment of what I have now vs. what I could end up with out of your line. All in the never ending quest for the best of the best. :D Thanks bro. Hit me up in private if need be.

Yea, Medic was doing alot of the front man stuff as I started to burn out. But we were still working on stuff. The Bx's were my UD crossed to Medics male he found in a batch of s1 beans from what he describes as the best OG he had scene untill of course he ran into my UD. So we crossed those and then a male was taken and Bx to the mom again. Yes, their were some killer phenos in there for sure. And if you found keepers man, well.....dank is dank..straight up bro. You could definately try the Yetis to see how they compare, but those Bx were more trying to replicate the mom and not so much trying to improve the breed. Now with the yeti, we are making breed improvements and putting it into seed form. What I didnt like about that original male is that it didnt really add much vigour or stoutness to the breed of OG. And the Yeti was and attempt to keep the same traits but make it stouter, more vigour, not as frail and increase yields while all still maintaining the aroma and taste and high profiles. So you will find different looking plants, but carrying the same characteristics. But like I said man, dank is dank and if you found dank that satisfies you, then who cares if it gets better, but with this competition going we are bound to find something really special and that cut will be in circulation im sure. So if your just patient, you'll start seeing clones of her being passed and you can try her that way.

true grit

true grit

Those beans from Medic were still some of the dankest I've grown to date and I kick myself for losing some phenos. But from descriptions of your HB and Yeti, seems the flavor profile was in a different direction in the BX beans. Candy name he used was definitely accurate for me- straight candy OG smoke and stupid strong vs real true OG flavor. Emperor was more OG for sure.

Just dropped some Empress I found, fingers crossed they pop as rest of the BX beans did not.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Loompa,
Many thanks for going in depth bro. Back story and all.
One of the most straight up answers I've received from a breeder, ever. And, I've been around this internet MJ thing since '97.
I'm gonna try and scoop some Yeti when available and will def keep my eye on that competition thread. Hopefully, someone will care enough to share a slice of the winner with me. Thanks one more time.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Loompa,
Many thanks for going in depth bro. Back story and all.
One of the most straight up answers I've received from a breeder, ever. And, I've been around this internet MJ thing since '97.
I'm gonna try and scoop some Yeti when available and will def keep my eye on that competition thread. Hopefully, someone will care enough to share a slice of the winner with me. Thanks one more time.

Whoa, shit man, been around since '97! I think you predate me....LOL Welcome to my forumn man. Do I know you by chance by another name?

Thanks for your kind words and yea, I try to be as straight up as possible and hide nothing and it's nice to here your kind words. And trust me man, when the serious dank starts popping up, clones WILL be in circulation. Just keep your eyes on the progress of this Pheno hunt and when the time comes man, me or some kind folks around here will make sure you get a chance to try them out. Take care man and thanks again for your kind words and good vibes :)

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I also want to say that me and the rest of the farm are also very excited about pheno hunting these F3's. These beans were made in 2012. Last year we did no seed making because I wasnt sure what to look for. I hadn't popped them and hadn't tested them and didn't know what would be the results. How do you find the special plants unless your running them in big enough sample sizes that you can see patterns. So Last year we just grew them all out, every thing I have in our strain list was grown. And grown in very large numbers. Then came harvest time and we started harvesting everything. I got to see patterns with the bud formations, spear colas vs more knobby colas, resin profiles and resin concentration and of course all of us smoking everything along with our trimmers which is also about 30-50 people between all the farms. What we found out shocked us all, me the most, I couldn't believe the quality. Everything was very potent. It was sooo good, I actually just stopped smoking my indoor altogether and was only smoking the yeti and foo. Matter of fact, all of us were smoking the shit out of it. So I dont know exactly what everyone is going to think when they grow out our gear, but Im pretty dam sure that the dank pheno frequency rate is very high. Those phenos may lean more like sativa spears or the may be more knobby, but they are all going to be quite potent. What I don't really know yet is what the frequency rate of the super dank phenos. But I can say for sure that almost every female is going to be very potent. From what I noticed with the outdoors, is the more spear like sativa phenos usually were more resinous than the Knobby type colas, but the knobby type colas were still resinous as fuck and they yielded monstrously. So this whole competition is doing alot of things. Its also as much as an Information gatherer for me to see as big a picture as possible. I know for a fact that their are phenos that will rip you or any seasoned head to the ground, because I watched it happen last year already. I have never said anything before because I didn't want to give anyone any preconcieved notions and didn't want to hype anything and just keep my mouth shut and see what you all think. But now with this competition I want you guys to know, because I want you all to look carefully. I also would like to collect all the data. And one more secret........I know there are plants to be found in these lines that are better than my UD mom. So theres a little more perspective about what is actually happening here. And Im using every resource I can to find them and clone them this time...lol This is the next step in the breeding process, the whole farms are all looking for them, we are all cloning everything, the hunt is seriously on here at the LoompaFarms, and now you guys are in on it. This is a serious undertaking and I just wanted to give you guys my perspective about what is going on here.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Whoa, shit man, been around since '97! I think you predate me....LOL Welcome to my forumn man. Do I know you by chance by another name?

Thanks for the welcome Loompa. Happy to be here. I've heard of you and your skills since the days of way back. You were always one of these cats I'd here so much good on but never see come around in any open forum. Maybe I just wasn't in the right place at the right time, eh? Glad your out front now and making yourself so accessible. You obviously hold much canna knowledge that we can all benefit from. Not to mention your kick ass genetics.;)

I started out at the old original cannabis.com and lurked a lot at Vic's BCGA board. Back when growers like OT1, Anon, Aeric77, Mr. Soul, Lady J and the like were posting. Mota was there then so was Subcool. Then on to CannabisWorld and Overgrow. All under the handle KentuckySkank. Bought some of my first online beans through Laughing Moon and Emery's catalog b4 he had a website. So, yeah, I been here awhile. Seen a lot change. Many came, many went. Made friends and some good contacts. All for the love of this thing we do. Much respect bro.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Thanks for the welcome Loompa. Happy to be here. I've heard of you and your skills since the days of way back. You were always one of these cats I'd here so much good on but never see come around in any open forum. Maybe I just wasn't in the right place at the right time, eh? Glad your out front now and making yourself so accessible. You obviously hold much canna knowledge that we can all benefit from. Not to mention your kick ass genetics.;)

I started out at the old original cannabis.com and lurked a lot at Vic's BCGA board. Back when growers like OT1, Anon, Aeric77, Mr. Soul, Lady J and the like were posting. Mota was there then so was Subcool. Then on to CannabisWorld and Overgrow. All under the handle KentuckySkank. Bought some of my first online beans through Laughing Moon and Emery's catalog b4 he had a website. So, yeah, I been here awhile. Seen a lot change. Many came, many went. Made friends and some good contacts. All for the love of this thing we do. Much respect bro.

Well a fucking double welcome man. I hit the scene from OG back in late 98 but was always a lurker back then just sucking in all the knowledge I could. I remember the "Three little Birds" were like gods to me. Man they knew their organic composting and soil making skills. Great to see you here man, your among friends. Respect to you also man, you were one of the first outlaws to get on the web and actually read about "Marijuana" while everyone else was too afraid because the feds were watching all our IP's....LOLOLOL

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Well a fucking double welcome man. I hit the scene from OG back in late 98 but was always a lurker back then just sucking in all the knowledge I could. I remember the "Three little Birds" were like gods to me. Man they knew their organic composting and soil making skills. Great to see you here man, your among friends. Respect to you also man, you were one of the first outlaws to get on the web and actually read about "Marijuana" while everyone else was too afraid because the feds were watching all our IP's....LOLOLOL

I followed 3LB myself. Always wanted to try their selection of the Herijuana.
LOL ......You hit the nail on the head my man. I can remember my buddies telling me all bout how the FEDs were going to kick my door down and haul me away for "talking about weed on the internet". You should have seen their faces when I pulled some of those first seed orders out of the mailbox. LOL. They thought I was a fool. Until they smoked my harvest.:D

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I followed 3LB myself. Always wanted to try their selection of the Herijuana.
LOL ......You hit the nail on the head my man. I can remember my buddies telling me all bout how the FEDs were going to kick my door down and haul me away for "talking about weed on the internet". You should have seen their faces when I pulled some of those first seed orders out of the mailbox. LOL. They thought I was a fool. Until they smoked my harvest.:D

LMFAO!!!! Yea and the first time my buddies saw me get clones in the mail, they all shit their pants....lol Welcome my friend :)

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
3lb's heri sucked
ask anybody that grew it

fwiw

Actually they had some very nice phenos. I know they did polinate with diferent males and kept them seperate and passed out certain gear to certain people. But the gear I personally got was very good. Not so much good as a seasoned recreational smoker, but truly as a med patient, the heri was incredible. It had a way of interacting with the physiology of my body that made it outstanding. But at the same time I have had some very potent versions of the heri, mota works or used to work(Not sure) the heri and there are some very nice phenos to be found that are no slouches. I just know for certain that there were different selections given to different people and so its difficult to comapre sometimes. Which version of the heri did you grow by chance? Straight from 3lb or woodhorse or mota?

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

i grew heri from 3lb, also grew blowfish from 3lb and from jojo
3lb blowfish sucked also

my statement regarding 3lb stands
ask mota about friends growing 3lb gear.. he will back my "sucked" comment

what really pissed me of about those guys is when i posted about it on cw.. they tried to denigrate me as a novice when i had near 3 decades in this field

anyhow.. that was then...this is now

fwiw

Latest posts

Top Bottom