Low input daily coco feeding Idea (Reservoir) - Feedback?

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

news team assemble! lol.

She looks abit droopy ( normally does at the end of the day ) I dont think its from heat stress, light stress, or vapor pressure...
The older branches look decent enough. new nodes growing from the top branches do look stressed. (generally do, unless i pull the light way back)

Being i was feeding it so much ammonium. Nothing i can really do but wait it out. See what she does. Maybe doesnt have the root system yet to keep up with it?

NHluJ7uA
Enforcer

Enforcer

news team assemble! lol.

She looks abit droopy ( normally does at the end of the day ) I dont think its from heat stress, light stress, or vapor pressure...
The older branches look decent enough. new nodes growing from the top branches do look stressed. (generally do, unless i pull the light way back)

Being i was feeding it so much ammonium. Nothing i can really do but wait it out. See what she does. Maybe doesnt have the root system yet to keep up with it?
They will droop a little at the end of each day. Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Anyone here giving house plants their waste water?

I dont have many windows that get tons of sun, but i know i could fit a few plants in my tent.

Run them in soil - so they can go abit longer/run off optional? Just nothing edible, its waste water.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Quick Q:

When i mix Calmag & GB hydro.

The PH drops down to like 5.0, and over 24 hours it comes back up to around 7 (starting ph)
Stays stable for days after that.

Within that 1st 24 hours while its stabilizing. Should i just use PH up?

I know that mix is going to be rapidly rising. (but then again its in the root zone at that point)

Note: for hand feeding

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quick Q:

When i mix Calmag & GB hydro.

The PH drops down to like 5.0, and over 24 hours it comes back up to around 7 (starting ph)
Stays stable for days after that.

Within that 1st 24 hours while its stabilizing. Should i just use PH up?

I know that mix is going to be rapidly rising. (but then again its in the root zone at that point)

Note: for hand feeding
Are you on RO water? I wouldn't worry about the ph in the res. Low alkalinity makes for bigger ph fluctuations. Just ph take what you are going to feed and ph that just before feeding. If you wanna oh and have it stable over a few days I can help ya with that.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Are you on RO water? I wouldn't worry about the ph in the res. Low alkalinity makes for bigger ph fluctuations. Just ph take what you are going to feed and ph that just before feeding. If you wanna oh and have it stable over a few days I can help ya with that.

Tap water. Ok can do.

Ive just been adding abit of humic acid on res change days to bring the PH up. should help buffer the coco ph as well.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I see a lot of RDWC guys using those home depot storage bins.

Im thinking this would make a cheap solution for auto feeding DTW waste water collection.
More so if it holds enough water to just empty it on res change days.

at most, ill only lose an extra 6" of height. Can scrog if height becomes an issue.

Primo
CapnStyle5
CapnStyleWittBagger
02trueblue

02trueblue

I should clarify that that with AN pH Perfect, pH stays in range of what coco likes, but in my last finding it does seem to creep a little bit as the reservoir depletes.

When mixing up a fresh res, the pH is pegged at 5.8 every time.
When my reservoir is just about depleted, pH is at 6.2.

So far I haven't experienced anything that looks like a pH related lockout so I'm pretty happy with this. I am not sure how this would fare for someone who's reservoir lasts longer than week though.

This is what I like to do on a weekly basis - have the pH drift from ~6.8 up to ~7.2
That, along with a little bit of kelp - keep everything super green

bunkerking

bunkerking

This is what I like to do on a weekly basis - have the pH drift from ~6.8 up to ~7.2
That, along with a little bit of kelp - keep everything super green

Any reason for the high ph? Thought most coco nutes run 5.8-6.2 ?
Your garden is amazing, so im sure you got this. But just for curiosity.

02trueblue

02trueblue

Any reason for the high ph? Thought most coco nutes run 5.8-6.2 ?
Your garden is amazing, so im sure you got this. But just for curiosity.

meant 5.8-6.2*** my bad. 5.7 and 6.3 don't scare me either. Anything outside of that and I'd adjust it back in range.

Last edited:
02trueblue

02trueblue

news team assemble! lol.

The droopiness can be normal an hour or two before the lights go off. Young plants won't do this, but as they get older and get used to the light schedule - some will droop. It saves energy. Then about an hour before the lights come back on, they'll be all perky and waiting. To me, it's a sign of a healthy plant!
Does she get nice and perky and pray during the day?

I bet in another week or so she'll be absolutely beasting. Looks like you're on the right track

02trueblue

02trueblue

I see a lot of RDWC guys using those home depot storage bins.

Im thinking this would make a cheap solution for auto feeding DTW waste water collection.
More so if it holds enough water to just empty it on res change days.

at most, ill only lose an extra 6" of height. Can scrog if height becomes an issue.

If you don't want to worry about emptying the reservoir, you cold buy a little water pump for an aquarium for cheap. Just have a little tube run into a separate bucket and BAM, you won't even have to move your plant. A shop-vac can also work well for removing small/medium amounts of water, and they're cheap.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Ah ok - just checking.
The droopiness can be normal an hour or two before the lights go off. Young plants won't do this, but as they get older and get used to the light schedule - some will droop. It saves energy. Then about an hour before the lights come back on, they'll be all perky and waiting. To me, it's a sign of a healthy plant!
Does she get nice and perky and pray during the day?

I bet in another week or so she'll be absolutely beasting. Looks like you're on the right track

😁 tanks. Right now id say about 80% of the time it looks perky to decent. It gets alittle droopy sometimes mid day. Some evenings its super perky and happy. My best guess is the soil is readjusting. Its only been around a week.

Cant wait. Im gonna try to grow it out about another 6-8 inch's. Then its go time. Next round will be even better.

bunkerking

bunkerking

If you don't want to worry about emptying the reservoir, you cold buy a little water pump for an aquarium for cheap. Just have a little tube run into a separate bucket and BAM, you won't even have to move your plant. A shop-vac can also work well for removing small/medium amounts of water, and they're cheap.

Oops missed this. Yep totally. Run it out to another res.

Ended up buying one of those totes, just to get a better feel for it. (storing my bulbs/extra stuff in it atm)
Even the 7gal appears to be strong enough. lays flat, decently strong lid.

You just need to be using a pot that has a large flat surface area. A fabric pot would be great tbh.
Would mold to the lids shape better, not flop around as bad.

I dont think ill do auto water on this plant. but the clones will be.

bunkerking

bunkerking

like such. 2 x 2gal is a snug fit. But its doable on the 7gal. Maybe one 3 gal scrogged? Got a few options to take with it.

the other nice thing is you can zip tie the drip tubing around the tote.

QHrC87TQ
Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

@Aqua Man

You may know if this could work. I cant find any decent cheap pumps that i can "really" trust to run without going dry.

Could you just run a T off the outlet of a pump? So anytime the waterline gets below it (aka the low level line)
The path of least resistance becomes that point, until it goes back above it?

It should still push out some water into the drain bucket, but the least resistant path should be up and out.

The design would never totally empty the drain bucket, but it would never let it overflow or go dry.

Pump idea
Top Bottom