Low input daily coco feeding Idea (Reservoir) - Feedback?

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh... #'s dont add up for me and this setup.

at 4 events a day x 200ml of run off per event. its going to take days (4) to just hit 1 gallon of waste run off.
Meaning i can go a few res changes if i wanted too. Without changing out the waste water. AKA - its over kill.
If i was running more plants, things would be different.

Why not a $6 dollar hydroponic water level tube - so i can easily see how full the waste water res is.
and a cheap pump that i just manually switch on - to drain into another bucket.

So i dont have to move the ladies.

A  835361536769231
bunkerking

bunkerking

@Enforcer - What PH are you feeding at again?

I try to hit 5.8-5.9 ph when i feed. but someday's due to the small amount of water.
It hits 6.1-6.3 ph before feeding. (if i add another drop of ph down to 1000ml of nutes, it will drop way too low)

It kind of feels like - Starting a feed at 6.2ish ph, by the next time i feed (12ish hours) the ph shifts up?
maybe nutes are just more available at 5.8, and the feed is whats causing the shift, making things a bit more unavailable?

It appears to droop harder towards the end of the day after higher ph feedings.

I'm just going to try harder to hit 5.7-5.9 every time for the next week.

bunkerking

bunkerking

My ph pen could also be out of cal - and 6.2 is really way higher. Should do that today if i can.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Have not seen her praying in awhile, is why i ask.

Its a nice 2ftx2ft square up top though. just not growing vertical.

1dWYwXud
5zza rUB
Enforcer

Enforcer

I have a Bluelab pH pen. I calibrate it once a month. My res pH as of this morning is 6.4. I won’t adjust it if it’s between 6.0-6.5. I don’t remember if I said it in this thread or not but the drooping at the end of the day is normal. Plants can optimally photosynthesis for only so many hour a day. This is referred to as the Daily Light Integral. Once they reach that point each day, they will begin to droop and “go to sleep” even if the light is still on.

1. DAILY LIGHT INTEGRAL (DLI) – DLI is defined as the amount of photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) delivered over a 24-hour period. It is measured as the number of moles (particles of light) per day (mol.m-2.d-1 ), and often abbreviated to “moles/day” (or m/d) in trade journals. DLI is the total quantity of micromoles of photons per square meter per second delivered over the course of an entire day. Plants have an optimal DLI for various growth and flowering stages which drive light recipes (intensity and spectrum) and lighting duration plans.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Thanks mate. Yah... fair point.

By the time the plants wake up in their morning. its bed time for me, so i just never see them during the mid day.

bunkerking

bunkerking

wouldnt it be better to raise the lights to reduce the amount of photons hitting the plant, (due to light dissipation) to give it a longer period of growth during the day? Feels like i am just wasting power, and plant growth due to it having to hard shut down.

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

Well they are still photosynthesizing after they reach DLI, it’s just not optimal. So you’re not wasting energy per se. I was just offering an example of why they would be drooping before the dark cycle.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Well they are still photosynthesizing after they reach DLI, it’s just not optimal. So you’re not wasting energy per se. I was just offering an example of why they would be drooping before the dark cycle.

Aka stop worrying and keep on trucking. Should be ready to flip soon? Hehe Thanks again .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

wouldnt it be better to raise the lights to reduce the amount of photons hitting the plant, (due to light dissipation) to give it a longer period of growth during the day? Feels like i am just wasting power, and plant growth due to it having to hard shut down.
The more photons the more growth. You want to max that out in order to maximize growth. There is a lot to it and it's not just that simple but like enforcer said they continue to photosynthesize but also start photorespiration and it then become less efficient and also creates some stress on the plant. When your hitting this level of lighting that's where CO2 becomes significantly more beneficial because in short it increases photosynthetic efficiency.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh I kno. My clones are always praying because they are under a single t5, and they never hit that shut down point. So I assumed healthy mature photos would do the same. But yah, will keep on, keeping on.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Roots are just filling up this #2 pot fast. wow.

Id perfer to keep it in this pot, but might just have to transplant into a #3. Give it 14 days, and flower time.

7Frwmks9
bunkerking

bunkerking

@Enforcer - Does your air pump/stone ever suck up and pump fine dust partials into your res? It has been for me lately. Thinking about going to a stir pump.

Enforcer

Enforcer

@Enforcer - Does your air pump/stone ever suck up and pump fine dust partials into your res? It has been for me lately. Thinking about going to a stir pump.
Not that I’ve noticed. If you are you could cover the air intake on the pump with some nylon stocking material. That does a reasonably good job of keeping most stuff out while still letting air in. And it doesn’t cost anything. You just have to wait until your wife is done with them 😜

bunkerking

bunkerking

lol fair enough. If the dust is that bad in the garden, likely should just run a fan/furnace filter. Just more $ in power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom