Luv weed hate growing weed

• Thread starter Mbresch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mbresch

These posts are the most helpful I’ve came across thank u very much.

Just one more question I’m in Iowa and I’m having a hard time keeping the humidity up if I turn on the vent system. Is this normal? I seen someone say you don’t need the vent system during seedling stage.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

These posts are the most helpful I’ve came across thank u very much.

Just one more question I’m in Iowa and I’m having a hard time keeping the humidity up if I turn on the vent system. Is this normal? I seen someone say you don’t need the vent system during seedling stage.

Quite frankly speaking, low humidity is far more desirable than high humidity. I don't do anything special for seedlings. No ventilation, just some moving air. I'm in Michigan. Its similar winter weather to what you have in Iowa. Central heating means indoors the air is very dry.

If you can maintain your humidity around 50%, you'll be fine. Dryer conditions are always preferred over more humid ... even if you're not quite able to get your humidity up quite as high as you would like to. Don't purchase a humidifier. You could be introducing more problems than you solve. You may have a need for a dehumidifier once you have a full tent of transpiring plants in flower ... especially during the spring and fall.

E

elusiveshame

I kept my exhaust fan off until the humidity crept higher than I wanted.

As long as you have airflow in the tent, you’re good until you need to either control the temps/humidity better, or want to help with the smell.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

For what it's worth, I had the exact same question the other day about bio seed starter pots vs. dixie cups. What I learned from the experienced folks on this forum is to use clear plastic cups for germination, thus ensuring you can observe the root structure and will be easily able to determine when it's time to transplant to the final pot.
Just to show you how varied answers can be… I always advise to never use a clear cup and expose roots to the light. If the root was meant to be in the light, it would grow in the light and not underground.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just to show you how varied answers can be… I always advise to never use a clear cup and expose roots to the light. If the root was meant to be in the light, it would grow in the light and not underground.
If I were to use a clear cup, I would nest it inside a colored cup. There's value to being able to see the root development of a young plant.

ghost1979

ghost1979

In your case, the curl of your leaf I have circled suggests you're watering too frequently. I'd wait a bit longer before you water next time.

Your container isn't helping matters either. They tend to absorb too much water and leads to your soil staying too wet. When you do get to the point where you're up-potting, score the sides of that container. They don't really dissolve like they're supposed to either. They can become a hindrance to your grow. So next time, try a solo cup or similar.

View attachment 1326394
Check web site https://www.growweedeasy.com/ they very easy to find problem and solution.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

If I were to use a clear cup, I would nest it inside a colored cup. There's value to being able to see the root development of a young plant.
Granny and MIG, many thanks for the clarification. I was told the best method would be a clear plastic cup inside a regular dixie cup.

I absolutely don't want to expose those delicate roots to even one second of sun. But I did wanna ask you guys about this: Has anyone seen the dixie cup "hacks" wherein they instruct you to cut the cup that will hold the seedling and medium in half (long ways from top to bottom), so that it becomes two pieces, then put that inside a second dixie cup, with the idea being that you won't even have to squeeze the young plant out of the cup when it's time to up-pot?

This year is going to be great, because I finally have some quality genetics that I can afford to experiment on thanks to an extremely generous member of this forum who really helped me out.

N

Nicc

You don’t need fans or venting at this point if your temps and humidity are fine.

Honestly, growing is really easy. Spend maybe 15 mins a day inspecting a plant and watering if necessary. It only becomes difficult if you’re ignoring sound advice and grow techniques, or ignoring what your plant is telling you.

There is a little time investment on reading info and such. You wouldn’t expect to build a house if you were just given lumber and nails, would you? Gotta learn what the basics are and then apply them to your plant.
Right on, by grow 3 you will have your set up sweet. Just keep posting here and you will have some ganja, might not be high grade but still a good smoke.

M

Mbresch

We’re using a peat moss seedling bag I got from Earl may. I want to make sure that at this stage I don’t have to add any nutrients? No ph up or down?

M

Mbresch

So I just took a look and temp is 78 humidity is 50% that seems good. We have them 60 ml of water last night and I just put the moisture meter down to the bottom and everything says dry plus. Now what do I do?

E

elusiveshame

So I just took a look and temp is 78 humidity is 50% that seems good. We have them 60 ml of water last night and I just put the moisture meter down to the bottom and everything says dry plus. Now what do I do?
Water them :p maybe add a little more than last night. Try to get it so you aren’t watering daily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom