Made New Vortex Tea Brewer Today

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirk d

dirk d

Wow great job Oscar! nice and clean man. i like that. It's getting time for me to upgrade to a 15 gallon brewer.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Here is some more Pics, I forget to tell everyone that if your going to run the Brewer with the lid on it to keep Foam and shit from getting all over the floor, then you need to drill like a 3/4 inch hole in the lid to let the air come out from the air pump. Well I have been running batches with the EWC dumped right in the mix and also using a 400 micron tea bag, I almost like the tea bag in the vortex, you don't have the vortex as much with the bag in there, but let me tell ya what there sure the hell isn't any dead spots, as far as water or air...:cool:
IMG 0820
IMG 0821
IMG 0822

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Here is some more Pics, I forget to tell everyone that if your going to run the Brewer with the lid on it to keep Foam and shit from getting all over the floor, then you need to drill like a 3/4 inch hole in the lid to let the air come out from the air pump. Well I have been running batches with the EWC dumped right in the mix and also using a 400 micron tea bag, I almost like the tea bag in the vortex, you don't have the vortex as much with the bag in there, but let me tell ya what there sure the hell isn't any dead spots, as far as water or air...:cool:

Why do you like running it with the bag more? Just curious.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/5813/15-gallon-cone-inductor-tank-fully-draining-infd15-19

Here is the tank I bought its a FULL Draining tank, went with the 2" drain, the whole system is 2" PVC the, I ran 1 " PVC for the drain were the garden house hooks up. I went with 2 inch so I don't have to worry about EWC and shit plugging. I have a bigger pump on the way Pound Master AP100 will be here this week then I take more pic of it in action..:D
dude. that is the exact tank the progress earth folks use on their 3k units. rat bastards. I can't believe the markup is so high.
yours is the best diy vortex I have ever seen. I hope you post a tutorial soon. I can't entirely figure out how I'm supposed to build it just by looking at the supplied pics. I want one of these!

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
dude. that is the exact tank the progress earth folks use on their 3k units. rat bastards. I can't believe the markup is so high.
yours is the best diy vortex I have ever seen. I hope you post a tutorial soon. I can't entirely figure out how I'm supposed to build it just by looking at the supplied pics. I want one of these!

Once you get the tank its pretty simple I used all 2" PVC for the build you can get everything at lowes or any hardware store. I used a 2" double slip bulk head for were the pvc comes through the side of the tank, that you will need to get at a large petstore or Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Slip-Bulkhead-Fitting-inch/dp/B001EHJNW4

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Well I ran a batch last night here is the Brew that I used
12 Gallons Ro
6 Tbsp of each the Nut, Root, Foliar Packs
500 Ml Hi Brix Molasses
50 Ml Liquid Cold Water Pressed Sea Kelp
3 Cups of EWC into the 400 micron tea bag
3 Cups Ancient Forest into the 400 micron tea bag

Brewed for just over 24 Hrs, here are some shots

IMG 0901
IMG 0902
IMG 0903
IMG 0904
IMG 0906
IMG 0908
IMG 0909

C

CBD Hunt

Cheaper here

fractaLz

fractaLz

This is badass oscar!!!! I was going to build one of these years ago, but like many other projects, it got shelved... Thank you for stoking my interest again!

I'm going to order up a tank and stand today. Any new revelations or tips?!?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
This is badass oscar!!!! I was going to build one of these years ago, but like many other projects, it got shelved... Thank you for stoking my interest again!

I'm going to order up a tank and stand today. Any new revelations or tips?!?

I'm sure you could find little things to peak and tweak, but I use it every week just as it is pictured here, It works great...:D,
are you going to be using Caps Bennies in your brews?

fractaLz

fractaLz

Caps Bennies FTW!!!! I've made my own recipes over the years, but was really just waiting for a company to pop up like OG Biowar, RESPECT Cap! One of the MANY reasons I'm happy to be back at the Farm is seeing where the tea-tech has gone, simply fantastic you guys/gals:) Seeing somebody like Cap bring to market a product this outstanding, damn near brings a tear to my eye. I hope many follow the lead that has been set here, and bring to market their ideas:) Organic or salt based, no matter, the TEAS set it off!!

And thank you oscar! Simple, pic based tutorials, are what take this entire industry to the next level:)

ZONER

ZONER

Now that's a poo malt, just put a straw in it and give the girls a drink. Nice....very Nice.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
What are you using for the strainer @oscar169 ?
@ Capulator When I dump everything into the Vortex I use this, they snap onto 5 gallon buckets and they are 400 micron, you don't want anything smaller then 400 micron, If I use the tea bag then, there is very little stuff that needs to be strained, but you have all them pumps, so you have to decided it you want to strain every time, here is a link to the bucket tops,

mxgzdeiWN2dG4hX8N08K-tw.jpg

Top Bottom