Magnesium Defeciency in SFV OG

• Thread starter KersD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KersD

KersD

View attachment 341034 This was 30 days in, I used bud blood in the beginning which made it explode. Liquid koolbloom is cool but it wont give you the explosion that you want. I used it for years with basic results. Try big bud with just base nutes and you will be impressed! Keep us updated with your pics:cigar:

So you say this was at 30 days in and I just assumed that it was your current grow and the Pic was one of your most recent photos.. Is it not?? Is that an old picture? If so, PLZ show the further along pics if there are any..

KersD

KersD

Wanted to give the girl a decent feeding now that she dried up pretty good after the transplant, but When I watered in the transplant it was a decent cal/mag and small nutes with humic acid, couldnt tell you the e.c. but i only ran it till i saw slight dribble out the bottom and considering the coco was charged with a .4 EC of cal/mag and was still moist I understand why This morning when I fed her at 1.0 EC mainly Base nutes but A decent amount of cal/mag also, I got at least 20% of runoff, the EC was 2.2... pretty fucking high considering its doubling or more even. So Im not gonna let the coco dry completely out anymore anyway and my next watering will be a very low EC probably 0.2 of just cal/mag and more like 25-30% runoff, then I'm thinking I'll brew up this "OG Veganic Special Sauce" which is a microbial tea and Im gonna flush with that looking for closer to 50% runoff. By then I'm hoping the E.C. of the medium will be dropped enough for me to give one last Veg feeding keeping it under 0.7 EC, Check out the plant how shes looking and Flip her if shes ready..

buddahslave

buddahslave

I think you might have too many lights for two plants, but it's hard to tell because your numbers are a bit confusing for me. How many lights do you plan to flower with and what is the wattage?

KersD

KersD

I think you might have too many lights for two plants, but it's hard to tell because your numbers are a bit confusing for me. How many lights do you plan to flower with and what is the wattage?

shit i was gonna throw as much as i could at her cuz they're cfl's, I only have 2 plants. I got them as clones from a dispensary. One of them is staying in veg. Im flowering the other one, they are in 2 different sections. The pics from the last post are of the one Im gonna flower. Right now shes under 10 bulbs, 6 are 26w 5000K, and the other 4 are 30w 6500K. But for flower I bought much bigger bulbs. I have 4 bulbs are 68w, 4 @ 44w, and 8 more at 26w (the same size as in the pics), ALL of which are 2300K. I have 2 hoods in the top space with 10 sockets each cuz I had planned on flowering 2 plants at a time when I built it. But for this first run I decided to just flower the one clone in case its good genetics, that way I have the other original clone still cuz who knows how old it is already. Does that make sense?

KersD

KersD

I guess i just jumbled a bunch of numbers at you again.. sorry, when im typing it seems like it makes sense.. Right now shes under a Total of 276w Veg lights or blue spec... In flower tho, optimally I would have her under 500w straight above and I could and want to put a row of 5 bulbs down the closer side of the other hood, maybe mix up a few Blue spectrums back in for some UVB. All CFL

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

80f is a fine temp at the canopy but if you have any extra height above the grow space it will allow the heat to rise. if you have too much air blowing around in the cab the hot air will mix w/cooler air opposed to getting extracted out.

glad to see the transplant went smooth bro, it has made transplanting much easier for me ever since i saw it posted at ic.

peace

KersD

KersD

80f is a fine temp at the canopy but if you have any extra height above the grow space it will allow the heat to rise. if you have too much air blowing around in the cab the hot air will mix w/cooler air opposed to getting extracted out.

glad to see the transplant went smooth bro, it has made transplanting much easier for me ever since i saw it posted at ic.

peace

Thanks bro, Sorry i Couldn't remember your name dude, i was in the middle of writing that long ass post and couldn't exactly go back and check.. But I really wanted to give you your Ups on that cuz literally that girl took the fuck off after the transplant!! No stress whatsoever! definetly something Im gonna keep in my arsenal and spread to as many growers as possible.. Thanks for the advice too, there is lots of extra space above the hoods right now but the hoods not only reflect the light back down, they also reflect the heat back down! Thats why when I have to hook up the carbon filter for odor control, Im thinking of cutting away the sides and even tho I'll lose alot of light up, hopefully I'll lose heat up too cuz the Carbon scrubber is hanging at the very top so it will be sucking from up there.. Just gotta figure out how high I gotta set the plant and ScroG net In proportion to the lights, Gotta keep em close but need room to raise them cuz this strain stretches for up to 5 weeks after flower begins! Ive seen some stretch over 2 feet after flip, but I will of course be controlling the canopy with the scrog and supercropping as much as i can. Anyway thanks for the advice, I actually turned off the lower fan cuz it was blowing right at the plant and kinda too hard, so hopefully with the one oscilating fan that is right above the cool intake will be enough, it actually blows almost perfectly across the top of the canopy. sorry for rambling, but thanks, I really appreciate all the input.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

no need for props on transplant tip as i pass along what i have seen and im glad i saw that info.........just pass the good info along bro.

maybe you can cut some slots in your hood, or drill holes to allow heat to rise. i noticed a 4" flex duct hanging and if it is used to exhaust heat pull it so it is flush w/the top of the hood so no heat is trapped.

i made a diy reflector using clothes hangers and a piece of refletex.........bought at homedepo. better durability than cardboard and its great to cover walls with to reflect light.

KersD

KersD

no need for props on transplant tip as i pass along what i have seen and im glad i saw that info.........just pass the good info along bro.

maybe you can cut some slots in your hood, or drill holes to allow heat to rise. i noticed a 4" flex duct hanging and if it is used to exhaust heat pull it so it is flush w/the top of the hood so no heat is trapped.

i made a diy reflector using clothes hangers and a piece of refletex.........bought at homedepo. better durability than cardboard and its great to cover walls with to reflect light.

Yeah I've thought about the Holes in the hood method for sure Just not sure if it was gonna help enough with all the heat. As for that 4in flex it is my only exhaust and it is hooked directly to a 175 cfm blower at full speed during lights on, but its not hanging.. From your post it seems like maybe you think my Hood is Flat but it is actually cut and folded like an actual air cooled hood, and I pulled the flex thru a the hole in the side right up to suck straight off of the lights and ballasts themselves. Im having trouble understanding what you meant about
pull it so it is flush w/the top of the hood so no heat is trapped.

KersD

KersD

Refletex?? Been to home depot MANY times during this venture plus others, but never heard of that??

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

the vent tube............it hangs below the top part of your diy hood correct? w/the ends capped the heat is trapped under the hood and if the vent ducting was pulled out a bit and it was flush w/the top-inner surface of the hood no heat would be trapped.

i may be seeing it wrong though.

refletex....................http://www.reflectixinc.com/

buddahslave

buddahslave

I guess i just jumbled a bunch of numbers at you again.. sorry, when im typing it seems like it makes sense.. Right now shes under a Total of 276w Veg lights or blue spec... In flower tho, optimally I would have her under 500w straight above and I could and want to put a row of 5 bulbs down the closer side of the other hood, maybe mix up a few Blue spectrums back in for some UVB. All CFL
I understand now the lights are fine:cigar:

KersD

KersD

the vent tube............it hangs below the top part of your diy hood correct? w/the ends capped the heat is trapped under the hood and if the vent ducting was pulled out a bit and it was flush w/the top-inner surface of the hood no heat would be trapped. i may be seeing it wrong though.

I understand what you mean and I actually did pull it out so its flush now because I saw your point, and it seems to be working better so thanks.. Although it was not exactly hanging below. I pulled it through to suck straight off of the first bulbs, and thought it would work better sucking in line with the bulbs. The Hood is not Flat and the angled end is where the flex comes thru.. I actually bought a 4in Y connector and wanted to put one on both ends, one reason being is I think the power of the Fan is being restricted in just a 4" duct, it is a 4" fan, just in my situation I know it would work more efficiently and cool the lights MUCH better. BUT, This was after the plant was already in there so it would have been A LOT of work (The reason I didnt do it). So when I attach the carbon filter the fan will be more efficient in a way because it'll be spreading its power over more surface area, but at the same time I cant duct and suck straight from the hood like I've been doing Which will obviously drastically reduce the efficiency of the cooling power. I will be cutting slits like you mentioned before, It was an idea I had previously thought of I just didn't think it would be enough. Might as well try it tho before I cut the whole thing apart, which I don't want to do anyway cuz they work very well for their current use. Ill save the other one for a model I suppose but honestly I wanted to run 5 more bulbs down the close side of that hood for extra light during Bloom. HA, I just put 2 of the smallest 2300K bulbs in that side to give a bit of a mixed spec. and light up that dark side for which It did very well at lighting up, but also raised temp. up a degree or 2! so much for throwing all the light I can at them during Bloom....

KersD

KersD

So I had a severe Fuck-Up on my part yesterday.. I'll try to make this short. My exhaust fan runs out the 4 inch dryer duct inside my apartment, we have the option of using a top-bottom washer dryer inside, or put a regular set out in the garage. So since ours are in the garage I thought it was a nice closet to use since it has a vent built in. Ive been playing with turning down the lights and turning down the exhaust fan a bit in efforts of getting a higher R.H. cuz its never above 40. Well, Yesterday I turned on my dryer in the garage and the auto-off doesnt work and I forgot to turn it off so it kept running Hot as fuck for hours, along with my exhaust turned down, I went to check on the plant and the digital temp at the wall said 90F!! tight, I dropped her down and cranked the exhaust and openened it up so it would cool down fast but there is definite Heat stress on quite a few leaves, Not too bad tho. In amidst of all of this and pulling the clones out of the bottom veg compartment where my mom plant is, who was perfectly healthy and I was gonna be taking at least 10 good clones off her TODAY!! Somehow I forgot to turn her fan back on in there and I have no idea how hot she got but she got fucked up BAD!! Im sooo pissed. I got some pics. Whats my best bet? should I clip off all the burnt tacoed leaves then wait till she healthys up a bit before I take cuttings now? Or should I just take the cuttings and the clip off all the fucked up leaves anyway from the cuts and try to root them now?? Im very upset about this.. I need some help, I just looked at this plant about 12 hours ago and she was vibrant and more than ready to be trimmed down.
2013 09 29 101442
2013 09 29 101641

I know this below pic looks almost like cal- but the seriously burnt leaves, like the totally shriveled up and crisp ones have these rust marks much worse than this all the way down the leaf.
2013 09 29 101709

buddahslave

buddahslave

Plants will be fine, we don't smoke leaves just buds! wait until the plants bounce back a little before you cut the leaves, because even though they look like shit they do still do the job. Water with no nutes, maybe just some b vitamins and they should be just fine:cigar:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can look at it as a mistake, or you can look at it as learning. I consider it learning. :) Buddah's right, you'll be fine and so will your ladies.

I think SuperSilver has offered you some stellar information here, too.

KersD

KersD

Fuck i wish you guys were right, but now Both plants are DEAD. I put that plant in a low light, cool place and it started looking worse, so i put her in the dark. when i came back about 7 hours later, she was just done dude, i can tell shes not gonna bounce back, and all of a sudden I look at my other plant up top this morning which looked fine last night and even had her normal 6 hour dark period, and she lookes just as bad if not worse than the other plant in the pics above looked.
2013 09 30 080812

Dont know wtf this is, the heat wave was at the same time so why would the plant that looked good last night with a slight bit of heat stress, dropped it away from the lights and turned em down at the same time..
2013 09 30 080849

Below is the Mum plant from the last post 24 hours later with Low and no light plus a foliar spray
2013 09 30 081135

So Im guessing this is what the bigger plant is gonna look like in 24 hours no matter what I do
2013 09 30 081206

buddahslave

buddahslave

Try foliar spraying them with water. If you want to save them you have to get aggressive on repair. The lights need to be on 24 hours. The roots are probably fried in that small pot thats there. It might be best just to start over because it's not like baking a cake trying to save plants you can only do the best you can, but if I was in your shoes I would fight harder to save these plants so in the future you learn and have the experience to bring your plants back from wilt. Shit flows down hill, you broke one thing and as a result several things are starting to fall apart. We have all gone through it, it's just your turn:cigar:

buddahslave

buddahslave

SFV is the most sensitive plant I have ever grown. I had a heat problem that turned into a salt problem that turned into a cal mag iron problem. My room got hot this summer so the plants stop taking up the nutes and only drank the water so the salt was left behind in my rockwool. To correct I flushed the plants but the roots were fried so I need to rebuild the roots with Aqua Shield. Running Aqua Shield by it self caused a cal mag problem which needed to be address. All this is on going as I type. So you are not alone, we do the best we can to pick up the pieces. Hang in there or start over it's your call:cigar:

Latest posts

Top Bottom